Mutants & Masterminds: A House Divided - A House Divided Game Proposal

The Story Guide

Not as of yet. We're still getting players and possible players situated. When we seem to be getting close to everyone having at least a rough draft for their characters done, I'll post up a deadline for initial submissions. It'll probably be the end of the week at the earliest.

Guys, I don't know if this will help, but I thought I would put this out here and see if it would. When Mala and I ask, "How do your powers work?" we're asking for thematic description of your powers. I'm providing an example of Sean's. Please note his is more detailed than we're looking for. Basically, any PC's IC descriptions and OOC mechanics should match.

Known Powers: Chaos is chaos – his quantum exists in a state of disorder. His node can find the pattern in his chaos and impose his well upon it. Normally, Chaos presses the limits of human strength and stamina with his base abilities. He can boost these higher with ease by reordering his quantum pattern for a time, exceeding humanity with a flex of quantum muscle. And the green-eyed orphan can restructure his pattern further, push himself to go even further, though the effort exhausts him.

Chaos can affect the rules of physics around him at times to get what he wants. For example, taking to the air is accomplished by altering the gravity around him in a five foot area. Objects around him lift off the ground; those people too close to him start to fly, too.

Along these same lines, he can manipulate probability itself. People sometimes have bad luck around him or really good luck. He can cause breakdowns of physics in the function of bodies and machines. This latter power is the most frightening of the ones he possesses. When applied to machines, they spark, overheat and melt. When applied to humans, their organs turn inside out, their skin peels back from their muscles and cancer spontaneously erupts on their skin. It is truly horrific, and Chaos uses the power with great reluctance.

Any time Chaos activates a non-permanent power, his anima banner ignites (see Complications).

The only thing his chaos pattern can’t explain or change is his increased charisma or appearance. He hasn’t been able to alter either of these gifts and DeVries isn’t sure why. He should be able to alter these as easily as his strength and hardiness, but he can’t.

Hey, just wondering. Is it possible to get a roll call of approved and submitted characters and their owners? One of the things that frustrates me is not knowing who is playing who in these games :) I'll start it off!

This is Jordan; player of Rush, Dog, Seeker, Mr. Grimm & Lance Kensington...

Okay, most characters are either approved or just about approved. Cent, OTN, and 32, anyone else considering making a character, I'm setting your character submission deadline for Sunday, July 22nd. I'd like them ASAP, but that's the hard deadline. After that, those characters that have been submitted will be the starting characters for the game. :)

Dawn will be gone during the next week, so Terat characters may or may not be looked over or approved during that time.

I hope to have the game started by August 1st at the latest.

Questions? Comments? Last minute requests (for the game, please)?

hmm... looking at the approved and pending list it looks like I'm the only Teragen Player around?

You are the only Terat fully submitted. I know Cent's been working on his PC all week, and that Jas came over last night and she and Mala worked out some fun stuff for their PCs. :D

I've sent IMs out to most players with submitted characters, providing their 'official' character sheet (a Hero Lab statblock) and putting the title of the PM in the format that I want. Character sheets are to go in the character's signature, in a spoiler box; anyone with complications that they do not want to share need to leave a 'tag line' under the complications so that Dawn and I have an easy reference to remember, and then put a post in the character sheet PM with the tag line and which complication it belongs to. :) Please respect the OOC character sheets as that - OOC knowledge.

If you have submitted a character and not received a stat block or new PM from me, it is because the character is unfinished or I do not a have a unique log-in to send the official character sheet to. I must have both, and an avatar for the character, before the character is approved for play.

The N! profile and rumor thread is for H-SoI characters only; I think Dawn is getting something set up for the Teragen.

• 2 weeks later...

I am officially throwing in my hat. I have sent stats to the ST's and I'm working on a backstory and otherwise breathing life into the character with them.

Basics:

Inventor, Matter Creator, has a suit of power armor formed out of nanobots to help him fight crime, save the world, and otherwise be useful on a team.

Just an FYI - Mala and I are both experiencing the creeping sinus crud. Please bear with us as we heal and start to get this game moving.

Reminder - any approved current DV or Upie PC is invited to the Poker Night Thread.

Archived