Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN] Convention Crawl

Sean Cassidy

Kei simply rose her hand, to tell Connor to stop.

"I'm already supposed to be sharing the con with someone... And I need to find him."

She takes her case again. "I don't think this is a good time for I to be working with you and your corporation. Perhaps another year?"

She turns around and walks off. Suddenly realizng the grass wouldn't have been greener on the other side of the fence.

A bit later...

Kei was looking about the convention floor. It was quieting down, although there were still the occasional neckbeard. She started to remember that feeling... that feeling on a Sunday as the con she usually went to died. And this convention has just started. Out of curiosity she walks over near where some simulators were set up. Thinking they were flight simulators she took interest but was dissapointed to see they were battletech pods.

"Bummer..." She whispered, as her stomach growled a little. She started to think about perhaps hitting a Taco Bell in the hour since the one she knew of would be open until 2am. She didn't know where her Nate was... She knew the REAL Connor was around somewhere, and Karrie.

She sits at a open chair, wondering where everything had gone wrong.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five minutes before Mech Meltdown...

"You won't get away with this." Rob forcefully declared to the half-naked girl standing at the foot of his bed as he pulled ineffectually at the handcuffs shackling him to the large bed's light fitting. The blonde tossed her hair and fought back the urge to giggle as she planted her hands on her hips.

"Oh, von't I?" she purred in a passable sexy-Russian accent. "You, the mighty Telluris, are in my power!" She narrowed her eyes to keep from giggling and strutted around the bed, trailing her hands up over his leg. "I vill have vot I vant from you..."

"You may have this body, but it will not be me." Rob sniffed haughtily, then winked at her. Holly grinned lasciviously as she reached for her bra fastening.

"We shall see, my prisoner. We shall see..."

And then Karrie came in, Holly went out, and Rob was still handcuffed to the bed, only now with a tear-stained Coyote sobbing on his shoulder over Connor, natch. He sighed faintly under the sound of Karrie's heartbreak.

Only Mech could cock-block me even when I'm trying for a different girl. Of course, being Rob, he felt guilty about that. This was his friend, after all, even if she did have rotten timing. Then again, her timing could have been worse: three more minutes and it would have been more embarrassing all round. He looked down at the young woman crying into his shoulder and sighed again, as the handcuffs came undone with a faint click and he put his arms around Karrie. He stayed quiet for a little while, waiting for the initial storm to pass, then when sobbing had devolved to sniffles he kissed the top of her head.

"What happened?" he asked gently. "You guys were getting along great."

Karrie cringed in his arms, and Rob knew the answer. Oh, he didn’t know the details, but if Karrie had goofed so badly socially that she knew she was at fault, then it had been really bad. He knew that Connor couldn’t do anything to make her cringe. Connor could eat babies and Karrie would probably find a way to rationalize it.
She didn’t want to say it. The young woman knew she’d fucked up in such a horrible way. Rob was the only person that Karrie would have admitted this too; he was the only person she could admit this to. It took another ten minutes for Karrie to find her voice and start to speak. “We saw a movie and had dinner… then I invited him to my room.” Rob tensed slightly as Karrie leaned against him, her fingers twinning and releasing over and over. “We were talking… and I told him I wanted him, and how special he was, and then…” She peered up at him, her expression baffled. “He asked about you.”
Rob felt his eyebrows rise. “What about me?”
“He said he thought we were a couple, back when we all met, and I explained we were just friends.” Unaware of the knife she’d just once again stabbed into her friend’s heart, she whimpered, “Then I told him he was perfect and… I fucked up. I got frustrated because he kept insisting that he was just a normal person and it wasn’t like it was supposed to be and I think I might have gone too fast. I told him how I felt about him.
“Then he said he didn’t…” Karrie’s voice cracked. “He said he wasn’t…” She couldn’t finish. “He left and said it wasn’t going… to work.” Her fists balled tightly. “And it wouldn’t be fair to me. I just couldn’t talk… I couldn’t tell him that it wasn’t fair of him to just walk away like that, he barely gave me a chance…” She started to cry again.

Amaranth had checked the con schedule as soon as they'd gotten the nod from EuroNet to go to the convention. So, into the luggage had gone a pair of black shoes, comfortable black slacks and a cashmere black turtleneck. The elf and the princess favored green and blue glowsticks as they wove bracelets, a braided belt, and matching circlet to complete their outfit. The glowsticks broke the sleek lines of the outfit, but in a fun, clubber kind of way. His silver earrings and ear-cuff glinted in multicolor facets from the sticks. His hair, usually pulled into a pony-tail, was hanging free; a memory flashed through Taeli's mind of a grand hall, of silk robes and colored banners and a thousand nobles and guests dancing to flutes and harps. And Vyserian, smiling with his hair held back only by the leaf-pattern silver circlet she'd given him earlier that day. He had that smile now, but the clothing and the stance were somehow all Amaranth. He laughed, "Only if we lost a dare."

Their handlers were ghosting around them in the room, inscrutable behind their dark glasses; a slight cough was the only indication that the two elves, even "dressed down", still played havoc on the well-trained babysitters. The next words flipped back to Vyserian, "Somehow, I think we'll manage a few steps before we fall over. Shall we?"

They still pulled stares and stumbled steps through the hallways, but once they hit the ballroom, the lack of lights hid the pointed ears and shimmering hair, the inhuman proportions and inhumanly beautiful features. They were just another pair in a sea of swirling lights and black-lit clothes. Vyserian or Amaranth, whoever it was in control now, pulled Taeli out into the dance floor. He/she found some balance between the two halves of who they were now to listen to the beat of the music and pull her into a dance. The light of the glowsticks and strategically placed blacklights with white paper "lamps" lit the room just enough to keep people from crashing into one another. They gave their handles a merry bit of hell as they let themselves get lost in the crowd, the white of the shirts under their black jackets glowing and glinting off their glasses, making them look like large-eyed aliens stalking through the ballroom.

Liam and Alan had every intention of following the elves to the Dance in the Dark - Taehlyri'salatria's dancing had been near legendary and they wanted to see if Kevin had inherited it along with the perfect knockers and pseudo-magic - but they get distracted talking about ideas for the Forgotten Realms setting and system rules. So when they got back to their shared room, they got out notebooks to keep track of and organize their ideas as they came.

Connor wondered the Convention - less busy but hardly dead this time of night - agitated and despondent. Unlike the rest of their group, he had seen Taeli dance before, using his Psiad gifts, though no one knew. He had also seen her naked. He had known Kevin since he was eight and now... He wasn't sure if he was in love with her, but he was certainly in lust with her.

It was disconcerting, knowing that insanely hot elven anime girl had been a boy for sixteen years and one of his best friends for almost ten. He also knew Taeli was confused too, along with the uncertainty of her relationship with Amaranth/Vyserian. Connor didn't want his longings to jeopardize his friendship with Taeli, so he had been chasing other girls a little more aggressively than he used to, as a distraction.

Which had bombed with Kei, which was too bad, since she seemed to like anime as much as he did. So he wandered the Convention, hoping to find a girl that shared his interests, so he could get over his growing obsession with one of his best friends, who was in another relationship at the moment anyway, however awkward.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

The Moon Elves wove gracefully through the press of bodies, fingers laced, Taeli flashing Kristoff a smirk and wave he couldn't see in the darkness. The shadowed gloom and dim chemical lights were no impediment to eyes adapted to seeing in twilight, the Elves able to see clearly. Taeli mused with amusement that the colourful glowsticks emitted light just as she imagined Faerie Fire spells would...

... infiltrated the infamous Drow city of Menzoberranzan, their milky skin stained an inky black. Though Vyserian was tall for a Drow male, Ria's curvaceous figure fitted in better than among her own kind, well displayed in the bits of silk, leather, and spikes favoured among well-to-do Drow women. The stone and adamantine architecture was gothic, baroque, and solid, limned with glowing lines and patterns of Faerie Fire - The City of Spiders possessed a darkly elegant, yet deadly, beauty. Taeli frowned, noticing it, hoping they could retrieve the Heart of Silver from House Fey-Branche in time to help save Sundabar from the Tanarukk Legion...

Taeli and Amaranth/Vyserian claimed a space on the dance floor and began to dance, together, neither leading, but both influencing the movements. Vyserian had seen Taeli dance before, of course, but Amaranth hadn't - she had only seen Kevin dance, at the two school dances they had attended together, such as it was. Like most teenaged boys, he bobbed up and down on the fast songs, and wobbled side to side with his hands around his girl's waist on the slow songs. Now, Amaranth got to see Taeli dance for herself.

Taeli was better than good, better than merely amazing. She was poetry in motion, every step and movement in time with Techno and Electronic music neither Taeli nor Kevin had ever really listened to, as if the music had been written specifically for her dance. She was more emotively graceful than a Bolshoi Prima Ballerina, more sensual than a headlining stripper (an elegant one, there was nothing crass or slutty about her), and more flawlessly athletic than a gold-medalist gymnast.

Utterly feminine, but the expression on Taeli's face belonged to Kevin - the faintly upturned corners to the lips, the intent, slightly lower lids, it was the same look Amaranth saw on Kevin's face when he had been focused on drawing or painting and very pleased with the results. This was most unselfconscious she had ever seen Taeli be, especially around others, even if they couldn't get a good view of her in the dimly lit darkness. She didn't even seem to care that she was the short one when they danced closer together, even pressed up to each other, on the slower songs. She laughed out loud with carefree joy, something Kevin had almost never done.

Vyserian wasn't her equal in dancing, but he was the only one there with the grace and skill to complement her, rather than appear clumsy or a clubfoot in comparison. The music was alien to him, but was mostly familiar to Amaranth, and Taeli's ineffable grace made the music sound natural. Behind their canted, elven eyes, memories and scenes of previous shared dances glinted.

Despite the darkness of the black-lit glowstick-lit dance, they couldn't help draw attention. The braided belt and loops of glowsticks at their gyrating hips, the bracelets on their twining arms, the glowsticks wrapping the end of Taeli's swinging braid drew the eye to their incredible grace. When the attention grew to pointed, the elves simply slipped away in the shadows that didn't impede their sight, sometimes under an Invisibility spell Taeli cast. One hour went by, then another, with few words shared between them, most communication passing through touch and instinct.

Only one pair eyes mattered to Taeli - Amaranth's. Throughout the night, she had watched Amaranth covertly through her long lashes, trying to interpret her reaction to the dance. Taeli had only taken Amaranth to two dances as Kevin, and had been reluctant both times, mostly because it was something he didn't do, and believed it was something Amy did, as a real princess. This night, she meant it as partially an apology for her lackluster enthusiasm during the previous nights out dancing, as well as revealing something she had keep secret, and secret greatly enjoyed, even as she found it somewhat embarrassing. And the embarrassment was fading.

They were dancing a slow song, pressed close together, though their steps held the subtly complexity of a waltz. Through her breasts pressed against his chest, Taeli could feel Vyserian's heart beat, and her own beating in counterpoint. She shivered as she felt his strong, long-fingered hands slid down to her waist, nearly long enough to completely encircle its tiny size. She glanced up, and took a deep breath, her breasts flattening against him, as she craned her neck to meet the beautiful man-elf's eyes. She could still see Amaranth in their sapphire depths.

"I.. I want..." she whispered for his eyes along, licking lush lips suddenly gone dry, before continuing in a breathless rush, her hands tightening on his shoulders. "I want you to kiss me, Amaranth - I mean, I want to kiss you. I miss you."

Archived