[DARPG] Scene 1: An Arl's Request [IC]

"I can't say anything yet, but then again we don't know the whole situation either. Maybe we should talk about these things in a more private place." Djuric said in a calm honest tone. He did not like the way this was going, and knew things might turn bad if people would hear them.

Ryoma nodded. "I like that idea as well. otherwise a good hike on an open road won't be difficult."

He looked to Alenka. "Anything pertinent we should know about the road, conditions for rockslides, it must have some history of brigandry for us to be needed..."

“You cut the horses’ legs out from under them,” Heln muttered, but no one seemed to be paying her much attention. With a sigh, she let the other talk themselves out but the barbarian asked a question she knew the answer to.

“There’s a small river gorge on the road.” Heln didn’t add how she knew it, but she was sure as she added, “It has a bridge on the gorge.”

Testing to see what Heln knows about the road

Carver *rolls* 3d6: 5+2+5+0: 12

[Joani] 4:00 pm: I'm going to PM Smax and give him some details for his next SR post

Alenka nodded, "She is correct, there is a small gorge, perhaps more of a large ravine really, but there is a bridge so I expect little trouble. The road as the Arl so generously called it is really more of a path, but it should be clear and allow us to move quickly for the greater part of the journey."

The little group, now numbering five as the Orlesian apparently had left their company, moved out into the courtyard again, the rain had tapered off some into a drizzle, which was not as much an improvement but a change of state. As you cross the courtyard away from the great hall, someone walks up behind you wearing a hastily thrown-on cloak. She is a well-dressed middle-aged woman, obviously a noble. “Please forgive my husband,” she pleads. “This incursion is trying for all of us, and the Arl deals with worry in his own way. For my part, I thank you for your help.”

“From what I’ve been hearing the countryside is very dangerous. I would die if something were to happen to Joseph or Hana. Please take this a sign of a mother’s gratitude." She presses a single gold sovereign into Heln's hand, enough to increase the payment for each of the party by twenty silver pieces now that they were only five.

OOC:

Last chance to do some free RP and buy any items that you may want prior to hitting the road.

"I suggest I'll be scouting the area then - wouldn't want to run into any traps, aye?", the elven maid said and produced a bow from under her robe which she kept hidden there. The string wasn't attached but with a quick dextrous flourish she had the bow prepared and ready.

Nayobee watched the mother of the children they were supposed to fetch for the Arl and smiled at her genuinely. That was honest concern and much more worth than the coin they've been offered for this task.

The slender elven Maid took good measure of her companions and then slowly shook her head. "I should go alone, I'm much faster and most importantly draw less attention to myself. Don't worry, I won't take all the glory for myself, should I encounter any waylaying scoundrels."

For a moment Shiral'ven felt the old pang, wanting to shed these clumsy robes and slip into the forest after the other elf. He was too many years out of practice, he reminded himself sternly, and would probably get both of them killed. Besides, she was not Dalish, not yet at least; she didn't seem to be one of the broken flat-ears, though, and that thought cheered him a little. The shem woman's actual care for her children nearly broke his heart again, given that according to the Fereldan shem ways, she could not break their bond and the waste-of-food-and-space arl was considered the 'owner' of the children.

"We will bring them back as quickly and safely as we can, Arlessa," he murmured sympathetically. Mythal look kindly on us all in this....

Djuric did not know what he percisely would need for this adventure that he did not already have. He planned to look in the shops unless everyone was leaving. When he heard Nayobee was moving ahead he goes to asked her. "Nayobee, how long should we expect you to return or go behind you after a few minutes?" he asked in a polite manner.

"Trust me little man.", she said to Djuric and smiled at him a bit mischieviously. "I'll be around. If you spot me, I made something wrong.", Nayobee winked at the Dwarf before she left to the market to get some last supplies for the journey.

"Meet in half an hour at the North Gate? I want to make a short stop for supplies at the local Market. Restock some arrows and maybe get a first aid kit depending on the prices in these parts. Anyone care to join me?"

Heln nodded as the elf indicated that she was incredibly sneaky. That was exactly what she expected from an elf – subterfuge and misdirection. The mage elf was the one that was making her nervous. “Actually,” Heln said in response to the invitation to go shopping with the she-elf, “I’m about to exchange this coin for a parcel of smaller coin so we can each have our fair share. I can meet you in the market with your share, if you’d like.”

"You guys think carefully. I am going too. I need to make sure that I also prepare. Never know what will happen in the world." he said. He was curious at the people he was talking to. Still he hopped to get to know them more while traveling. "To be fair Miss Ironwright I want to walk with you, just to make sure things don't go astray."

"They shouldn't, this should not be a difficult task, what we need mostly will be provisions for the journey. I have what weapons I will need, what armor I wear. it has been awhile since I slept under the stars, but there are worse ways to spend a night."

Archived