Mutants & Masterminds:[3e Mutants and Masterminds] Time of Crisis

Aphrodite Pandemos

Hello! I'm looking to run a prepackaged adventure for Mutants and Masterminds called Time of Crisis. It's a second edition adventures, but i've been told people love the third edition here, so I'm going to kitbash the bugger until something recognizable comes out of it! The adventures starts off with a group of heroes thwarting a robbery (what superhero adventure doesn't have a robbery? :D) but then things get weird and you will end up having to save reality itself!

Now what I'm looking for is:

PL10 150pp characters.

6 players (that's what the adnventure call for, but I'm not sure if we'll need that many, 4 or 5 will suffice if we dont get that much)

A little patience. I'm fairly new to the third edition. Though, practice makes perfect, they say.

This is the Freedom City setting, so it'd help if you knew it (but it doesn't matter really, generic supertown)

Moira, I just wanted to let you know that the background I sent you was very generic. I wasn't sure if we'd be in Freedom City (nor am I that familiar with the setting). I'll add details as I figure out more. :)

James, there is the chance that after we've played out that module that we'll be having our own adventures stemming from that. Also there will be multiple changes that may happen to the plot. Just because you might know the module, doesn't mean it'll get played the same. Of course now that you've outed that you know the module, that may cause other players to meta their actions based on your actions thinking there is a "right way" to do it.

The final decision is up to you. My opinion is that you should jump in because there will be things that will happen that might not be "by the book". I just hope our group after the module is done will continue beyond that. I'd like a straight-up M&M game and this can deliver.

Also: Tamara "Tammy" Preston aka The Hospitaler is almost done.

Note: I am not sure if I spelled Hospitaler right since Hospitaller is another spelling.

Hospitaler here.

I may be looking at bowing out, here. I am not sure on the availability you will need, and I will only be available two days a week (on weekends only, and sketchy at best I might add).

If this is alright for you I will stay, otherwise it's better to drop now.

I really wanna play, but I understand if this won't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything back from Moira since around the 2nd of June, so I have no idea if my PC is approved or not. Assuming that he is, I'll be playing a morphing/shapeshifting brick character (the Powerhouse archetype, essentially). His powerset is loosely inspired by the protagonists from the Prototype videogames.

Forgive me, Kazuo! I was gone for a while as a said up thread. Did you PM me something? I haven't received a character from you. As of now we have four submissions. A telekinetic, a weather controller (who can hit pretty hard), a flying brick and just a straight up brick! While I will not turn away your character if it is a brick, just know, we might have a lot of people who can hit hard. Though a Prototype type shapeshifter would be cool.

Here it all is, gang! The Hospitaler in all her glory!

Character Background
4fdd58decc676_133925699070.png
Tamara "Tammy" Preston

The Hospitaler

Tamara grew up idolizing Superheroes. What kid doesn't? Particularly when you live in a city full of them. She lived to get back home after school to watch the news to see if some hero saved the day again. To her, being a Superhero was the pinnacle of what a person could become. The example of a paragon of whatever field or cause that a Superhero would devote themselves to.

Tamara herself... wasn't that extraordinary. She was average in every way, in fact. She got decent grades to at least get into a community college, she was in decent shape, and she was not to extraordinary. She never let it occur to her or get into her head she was about to become a billionaire once she turned 18. She felt that would never make her great, only rich. Great people did great things, not bought them. She felt though that if she just tried hard enough she could be on the level of the heroes she followed.

That was when an accident happened during a hero-brawl. She was in the biology lab, where a mutagen was stored for study on labrats to see how to cure an exposure to it. No one was sure how it eould affect the biology of the animal. Instead the mutagen got into her wounds from the rubble almost crushing her.

When she awoke, a hero had just about completed taking the rubble off of her and was amaed that she still was alive. She was herself, after all she knew the exact PSI the rubble could have exerted if it had slipped just one more centemeter to the left... wait... how was she able to think this on the fly?

While in the hospital, she saw her hair had turned white and her once green eyes turned a piercing blue. But how?Then she figured it all out... not just how she changed, but unified theory, the puzzle of Shrodenger's Cat, hell even what came first (the egg!).

She fell back into her bed in shock.

She turned on the news and was in for another shock. The very hero that saved her in the wreckage a few days ago was killed by a robber's bullet. No paramedics could reach him in time. She never got the chance to thank him.

Then it clicked in her brain. She knew what she had to do!

Once she was well enough to leave the hospital she went about trying to gain the attention of a supergroup. Writing theories, principals, all sorts of treatises that would have taken a Hawking or Einstein most their life. Universities were baffled, but most importantly the brainiacs were intrigued.

The next 4 years after her exposure were a whirlwind. She discovered the reason why she was so intelligent and capable of retaining said knowledge was that her brain became twice as dense with brain cells, and she was able to access 20% of that mass, not to mention her brain halves sub-divided, giving her a bi-cerebrum. Literally two brains that operated like a dual-core computer that was overclocked to double it's base speed.

That and she started to learn how to be a first-responder. Someone that can be there when someone needed her, like that hero needed someone. People needed heroes, one time she needed them. Now she knew, that heroes would need her.

She went about building a suit that would give her the protection she needed in the field and allow her access to environments and conditions that superheroes would need someone like her in. She learned first aid, rescue techniques, and started building a device that would be as useful as any first-aid kit and then some!

When she was done, her high-visibility supersuit and medi-wand would become her standard she flew into battle. No cape, no tights, just a yellow rescue bag, her favorite ballistic goggles, and a smile that said "Don't worry heroes, I'm here."

She became the Hospitaler. A Hero's Heroine.

Character Sheet
Abilities (PP: 20)

STR: 0/8 With Suit (Lifting Only) (0)

STA: 0 (0)

AGL: 0 (0)

DEX: 0 (0)

FGT: 0 (0)

INT: 10 (20)

AWE: 0 (0)

PRE: 0 (0)

Defenses (PP: 20)

Dodge: 5

Parry: 5

Fortitude: 0/10 (With Suit)

Toughness: 0/15 Impervious (With Suit)

Will: 10

Skills (PP: 15)

Athletics: 5 (+5)

Perception: 5 (+5)

Treatment: 10 (+20)

Technology: 10 (+20)

Advantages (PP: 10)

Eidetic Memory

Improvised Tools

Inventor

Skill Mastery: Technology

Skill Mastery: Treatment

Benefit: Wealth 5

Powers (PP: 85)

MK-1 Emergency Response Suit (Removable 75 PP (-18 PP)), Technology, Invention

• Mark - I Multi-Threat Adaptive Gel-Polymer Suit: Protection: 15 (30 PP) + Impervious
  • Mark - I Advanced Reciprocal Life Support System: Immunity (Life Support): 10 (10 PP)
  • Mark - I Artificial Myomer System: Enhanced Strength: 8 (Lifting Only) (8 PP)
  • Mark - I Bio-Booster Serum Atomizer: Enhanced Fortitude: 10 (10 PP)
  • Mark - I Flight Maneuver System: Flight: 7 (1/2 Mile per turn, 250mph) (15 PP)
    • Extras: "Emergency Decent Protocol 1" Constant (Drifts down if knocked unconscious)
    • Flaws: Winged
    • Alternate Effect: Mark - I Advanced Nautical Maneuvering System: Swimming: 7 (900ft per turn, 60mph)
    • Mark - I Commlink: Radio Communication 2(8 PP)
    • Mark - I Sentinel Array: Senses 12 (12 PP)
      • Accurate Radio Extended 3(radar)
      • Darkvision
      • Direction Sense
      • Distance Sense
      • Infravision
      • Time Sense
      • Ultra-Hearing

MK-1 Medi-Wand (Easily Removable) (10 pp Total Cost (-2 PP)) Technology, Invention

[*]Mark - I Medical Compound Delivery System: Healing 10 (10 PP)

[*]Flat Extras: Persistant, Stabilize (2pp)

[*]Flaw: Limited Uses (5 Uses) (-1 Per Rank)

Character Complications
          Motivation: aeternum in ministerium (Forever in service) - She serves the Superhero community to her utmost in gratitude for their service to the world. Expecting nothing in return.

Complication: Guilt - She never got the chance to thank the hero who saved her.

Complication: Debt - The hero that saved her is dead, thus she feels her debt to him can never be paid.

Complication: Semper paratus - Tammy is compulsive in preparation, to an obsessive degree.

Complication: First do no harm - Tammy is unwilling, militantly so, to not use her abilities to harm others or cause anyone to come to harm.

So... no combat capacity whatsoever, limited use of Healing.. and Parry 0?

This character is asking to be killed and considered useless. I'm sorry, but I can't see how this character really contributes other than a few skill rolls.

- Jeremy

PS: Moira, my sheet is in, and the background for Paladin Yumi is in progress. I fixed the Concussive Arrow stat.

I heartily disagree, Jer. Looking over the character, especially with the suit enhancements, she seems like a fine support/healing character. Not every character needs to be combat-focused.

Moira - If I can talk to you in chat, I need to go over some things about Eva/Thistle before turning her in just for clarifications, permissions, and explications. :D

What Eva said. Also, Jer, there should be more than enough combat capable characters. My point ISN'T combat. And with T:10 Impervious on the suit I should the majority of the time be able to handle a zap or two. Also, I got a buff to my Fortitude saves when in the suit.

You'll see your concerns are not warranted. And whatevs if I get dropped. You forget what we're playing here. This is a classic superhero setting. Not some dungeon crawl.

Hiding? But that would imply staying in place. I would be taking cover as well within reach of the group as I can get.

Besides in a super-fight, there really isn't hiding to be done since most combatants have abilities to see through things. But the cover still provides something to stand between the attacker and the target.

But again, staying mobile, keeping my head down, and simply put combat is where Tammy's player takes a coffee break otherwise (while wearily watching to see if someone gets hurt).

I'm refitting Tammy a little... might be a move made on points. It'll take a few hours but this is what I am going to do.

1: Drop Expertise: Engineering completely.

2: Have Dodge 5, Parry 5

3: Bring my Impervious toughness to 15

4: Make Swimming an alternate effect of my Flight.

5: See if I can drop the uses flaw from my Mediwand. (Failed)

That's the plan.

New Sheet
Abilities (PP: 20)

STR: 0/8 With Suit (Lifting Only) (0)

STA: 0 (0)

AGL: 0 (0)

DEX: 0 (0)

FGT: 0 (0)

INT: 10 (20)

AWE: 0 (0)

PRE: 0 (0)

Defenses (PP: 20)

Dodge: 5

Parry: 5

Fortitude: 0/15 (With Suit)

Toughness: 0/10 Impervious (With Suit)

Will: 10

Skills (PP: 15)

Athletics: 5 (+5)

Perception: 5 (+5)

Treatment: 10 (+20)

Technology: 10 (+20)

Advantages (PP: 10)

Eidetic Memory

Improvised Tools

Inventor

Skill Mastery: Technology

Skill Mastery: Treatment

Benefit: Wealth 5

Powers (PP: 85)

MK-1 Emergency Response Suit (Removable 75 PP (-18 PP)), Technology, Invention

• Mark - I Multi-Threat Adaptive Gel-Polymer Suit: Protection: 15 (30 PP) + Impervious
  • Mark - I Advanced Reciprocal Life Support System: Immunity (Life Support): 10 (10 PP)
  • Mark - I Artificial Myomer System: Enhanced Strength: 8 (Lifting Only) (8 PP)
  • Mark - I Bio-Booster Serum Atomizer: Enhanced Fortitude: 10 (10 PP)
  • Mark - I Flight Maneuver System: Flight: 7 (1/2 Mile per turn, 250mph) (15 PP)
    • Extras: "Emergency Decent Protocol 1" Constant (Drifts down if knocked unconscious)
    • Flaws: Winged
    • Alternate Effect: Mark - I Advanced Nautical Maneuvering System: Swimming: 7 (900ft per turn, 60mph)
    • Mark - I Commlink: Radio Communication 2(8 PP)
    • Mark - I Sentinel Array: Senses 12 (12 PP)
      • Accurate Radio Extended 3(radar)
      • Darkvision
      • Direction Sense
      • Distance Sense
      • Infravision
      • Time Sense
      • Ultra-Hearing

MK-1 Medi-Wand (Easily Removable) (10 pp Total Cost (-2 PP)) Technology, Invention

[*]Mark - I Medical Compound Delivery System: Healing 10 (10 PP)

[*]Flat Extras: Persistant, Stabilize (2pp)

[*]Flaw: Limited Uses (5 Uses) (-1 Per Rank)

Archived