"Yes, Naoko, I need you to start looking over what you might need to protect yourself." The Director told Naoko, with a stern face. "We know nothing of what your capable of outside of your electrical manipulation and your ability to armor yourself, as well as your ability to interface with machines. Naomi will be depending on you. Luckily we can set up Ryu outside."

She turns to Ryu. "Ryu, I will want you on station. Department Zero owns a property in the warehouse docks next to where Naoko and Naomi will be. If there is big trouble you will be their protection. Their trump card. Naomi, you will take care of signaling Ryu and us."

"Is there anything to this plan you wish to add, Ryu? Before we adjourn?"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naomi tosses a small chip to Ryu. "That chip has a program on it. Put that into your com-tablet's flash-card port. It'll load up and allow your tablet to interface with the suit I'm wearing. If my heart-rate goes above a certain threshold or my blood pressure drops, it'll sound a alarm. That system transmits on a Wi-Fi frequency that Department Zero specifically owns. That... would be one signal. I'll also have a open com-link with you, and if things get too hairy, I will simply call for back up. If by some chance I should go down, Naoko has a backup radio."

She straightens the coat over her red suit. "So... meed in the front lobby at sunset."

= Later that Day =

Naomi waited in the lobby, she didn't have to wait long as Ryu and Naoko showed within a minute of each other. Naomi smiled in her cat-like way.

"Okay, you can get to our warehouse by your means. Radio us when you arrive, and Naoko and I will make our transmission to their warehouse."

She adjusted her coat. "Naoko, if you'll do the honors?"

Naoko nodded and started focusing on the location as Long flew to the Department Zero warehouse. People and Novas came and went on a routine basis so his arrival was nothing out of the ordinary. Once he stepped inside, Ryu signaled Naomi and Naoko to move in.

A transmission later Naomi and Naoko were standing in the main computer room that the organization running the warehouse owned.

"Okay, Naoko, do what you do. I'll look through the hard-copy files. Ryu, you read me?"

What rolls I need
Naoko needs to make a Hacking check at a -1 Difficulty.

Ryu needs to make a perception at a -1 Difficulty. This is for keeping a stake-out at this stage of the mission.

I will be making some investigation rolls as well.

Naomi's investigation roll at -1 Difficulty
Kamiko *rolls* 14d10: 10+10+9+6+7+6+1+2+3+6+7+5+6+1: 79

NPC/Opposition rolls this turn
Kamiko *rolls* 10d10: 6+4+3+2+6+1+6+5+3+8: 44

Kamiko *rolls* 10d10: 6+4+3+8+5+5+10+10+8+9: 68

Ryu watched and had quickly noticed the patrolling guards' patterns, though one moved off the pattern into the guard house. He flashed a warning to the two female novas, and frowned. Things were going bad early it seemed.

"Ok Ms. Minami. Ryu. Prepare to be amazed"

Naoko raises her hand towards the screen and suddenly windows pop up and appear to be sifting through Data before reaching a security measure

"Pfft. Amateurs. "

She said smirking moving her hands as she breakthrough

"And a Little gift I case we need to break in later...."

Suddenly a image of a house cat clawing at the screen appears

Rolls
For Control: Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 9d10: 3+8+8+5+10+7+9+10+2: 62

For Opening: Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 9d10: 6+6+8+2+2+8+2+2+1: 37

Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 5d10: 10+2+1+1+9: 23

roll
perception diff-3 :Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 3d10: 2+4+9: 15 Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 1d10: 2: 2

Naoko goes about hacking with out noticing what's going on.

Awareness roll for Naomi
[Kamiko] 10:53 am: Making a Awareness check for Naomi, -1 difficulty, last 5 megas
Kamiko *rolls* 14d10: 3+10+10+3+8+8+8+9+7+6+9+6+8+5: 100
[Kamiko] 10:54 am: O.O
[Kamiko] 10:54 am: Licky devils.
[Kamiko] 10:54 am: wait, Naomi is distracted, shaving two sux off that.
[Kamiko] 10:54 am: 8 sux

Naomi looked through the file cabinets, and found some very interesting files. She starts reading them, memorizing their contents when her right ear twitches. She squints, her hearing picking up the tell-tale whine of something on the ultrasonic scale. It was a regular pattern. Like an alarm clock.

"What in the world..." She takes the files and stuffs them into one of the pockets of her yellow raincoat. "We'd better get a move on."

She tosses a high-capacity flash drive to Naoko. "Load what you can onto that thing."

= Back at the stake out =

Ryu notices a red light flashing on one of the security consoles. Almost immediately most of the guards start leaving their posts in a orderly fashion... away from the building. The guard that went into the shack also leaves, taking with him a large black duffle bag.

Flash Drive info
It will take 5 minutes for the data to load onto the flash drive.

Player Rolls
I need Initiatives now.

GM Rolls
Kamiko *rolls* 2d10: 4+10+10: 24
Kamiko *rolls* 15d10: 6+10+9+6+2+6+3+6+4+9+4+3+6+2+8: 84

Naomi's initiative
Kamiko *rolls* 2d10: 7+10+13: 30

NAOMI'S ACTION
Naomi starts getting nervous, and the sound of the ultrasonic sound attracts her full attention. She looks down at the floor, and sees sand covering underneath the computer terminals. Then she looks over to where the sound comes from, she walks over and leans down, and opens the drawer, What she sees causes her to say. "Naoko... GET..."
IED and Trap's Turn
The Improvised Explosive Device goes off sending shrapnel into Naomi directly. She manages to survive the hit, barely, but her yowl of pain, and a scattering of blood on the wall showed if she wasn't as tough as she were, she would have been decapitated. The resulting fire starts to catch around Naoko. Then there is a sizzling sound coming from the computers as the screens go offline. A very bright light shines from one of the drive bays, a orangish and white lite that starts melting the outer plastic covers. Naoko senses the computers are completely offline. Dead as the CPUs, Memory, and Hard Drives are somehow slagged almost instantly from the obvious effects of thermite. Meanwhile, Naomi's suit starts beeping a warning claxon as it detects her blood pressure drop from internal injuries. The suit itself was not breached, and enters "shock mode".
Naoko's Saves: I need Naoko to save versus 4d10 Lethal damage
Info for Ryu

Ryu sees Naomi's blood pressure and heart rate spike, then a sudden drop of blood pressure. He sees outside an explosion that tears through the roof of the building.

Long seemed to blur as he moved many times faster than someone should, quickly making his way into the burning warehouse after call for Fire response teams. He then tore into the flaming building. "Naomi, Naoko, report!"

Naoko yanks the drive out, not caring whether it's all the data. Ms Minami's life is more important.

"Mr. Long! I've Got Ms. Minami! She's hurt! I'll be out in a second!"

She runs over to Naomi and grabs her.

"We're outta here!"

With a flash they transmit out.

When Naomi gains her senses the pain of the burns present on her face slowly starting to regenerate away, showing bare patches of healed, asian tone skin. She whimpered cat like, some blood dripping from her lip that was from her internal injuries to her lungs as her ribs were crushed into them. Her birst breath she could take followed by coughing blood.

"No.... No doctors... I'm.... Fine."

She panted, getting herself back to her senses, her Quantum burning away as her body glowed from her quantum regenerating. She looked at her coat and immediately rips what was left of it off as the files bruned away. "No... NO!"

Naomi started to cry. "Naoko... Please... please tell me that you managed to get something... we need... evidence."

"Where is Ryu?"

He wasn't fast enough. There were secondary explosives, and they rocked the building repeatedly, and before he could escape, It fell down upon him, trapping him within. Still he had found one other thing, a small safe, one he hoped was fireproof. With any luck there would be something in it...

Naomi could hear Ryu's moving. She could hear he was trapped. The secondary explosions only confirmed her suspicions.

"Dammit..."

She activated her comlink on her tablet. "Ryu... respond... are you okay?"

She sounded weak, but as the burns on her face dissapeared and she could breathe easier, she started worrying.

"Please... be okay, Ryu..."

"Iam just annoyed. I hope the data is worth this." He grunted as he began analyzing the building structure, loolong for where he could hit and tear his way out of here. "I found the fire safe."

"Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah... I lost all the fur on one side of my face, my chest hurts like hell..." She sighed as she looked down. "My suit somehow came through, although I'll probably have to do some maintenance on it and perhaps some light repairs."

She flops back. "Naoko was also able to grab some data before the room went boom. Something is definately wrong here."

He emerged from the rubble holding the safe even as the fire crews began dousing the blaze. He dialed for the director. "Did your photagrapher get the pictures like i asked?" "Yes all the guards were captured on film. "Good, I want to know who they are and where they live. It's time for a shakedown."

Naomi straightens out, her face now half bereft of fur. She seemed a true half-person, her eye was still a bit swelled shut.

A Meta-paramedic rushes over to Naomi. Seems Department Zero was monitoring her vitals as much as Ryu was. Naomi waves her off.

"That is unnecessary. I'm not even half-way through my own power. If anything look around for any bystander casualties, please. Their welfare is far more important."

She straightens up and plugs the flash drive into her tablet. The data matches what she was reading. It was a tenth of what she had discovered in the file cabinets, but it was still the most damaging material.

"Well... this is... quite a data trail. I will need a little bit of time. I'm slowed by the injuries. I... will need your help, Naoko, in this matter."

"Ryu... thanks for coming to save us... are you, alright?"

She hugged Ryu, the sight of half her face stripped clean of fur was jarring.

"I am fine." That there were several places his fur was charred and blackened, he was oblivious to. He embraced her and nodded. "We have time. Let's get you to HQ and the med ward we have there.We can get you fixed up and get the safe opened while we decrypt the data, in a secure off the grid server."

"Right."

Naomi pulled out the network reciever antenna. Doing that isolated the tablet from the internet. "Now we're okay. And I'm fine, Ryu... nothing a few weeks of fur growth won't fix."

When she looked at Ryu, he saw the clean side of her face in full, and saw the human hiding within her. But it was a human that had hope.

"Let's get Naoko into the game here. We'll head to Department Zero's Tsukuba campus and start the data analysis."

"I can use your police expertise to help in the investigation."

"I think we know who's MO this is, to be honest, Ryu. It has to be The Russian or one of her compatriots."

She nodded, and within a few thoughts, Ryu had Naomi and Naoko and they flew to the D0 Technical Laboratories.

On the way Naomi explained. "Perhaps you should fill in our newest teammember on this woman. She should get the skinny."

It could be, though this seems too expensive to be a simple trap or test of our abilities. Once the drive is deciphered we'll know more. just be sure it's on a secure server, with no access to anywhere else."

What followed afterwards was a description of the Russian WOman who'd become an increasing presence int he Japanese underworld, and ended with a warning. "Do not attempt to engage her alone. There is more to her than we know."

"Unclear... if she does have a node, she's probably mastered Dormancy. It allows a Nova to suppress their powers to seem human. Only a CAT scan can show the difference."

She scratches her chin, feeling a bit unnerved some of the fur on her face is gone. "What I need after we get that info off your drive is to see where that leads. I'm not much of a computer expert, I'm a old-school investigator. But your hacking skill will come in handy."

She moves a independent computer on a wheeled cart over to Naoko. "This machine is not networked in any way, nor has any way to connect out. Use this to get into it. If anythign happens it'll be isolated to this machine only."

She scratches her head. "Personally, I will start going over in my head what I memorized from those files. The explosion destroyed the papers I took but I managed to memorize every last detail. I am going to need some quiet though to get it out of my head."

"Ryu-san, do you know if this wench isn't a Nova? I sure as hell hope she isn't..."

She walks over to a open patch of floor in the lab and looks about. "I know I left it... ah!"

She pulls out what looks like a pink packet. She pulls a tab and it slowly takes form as the sound of foam expanding is heard. "Something the lab-techs have been working on. Right now they're just testing applications. I had them make a foam mattress for myself to sit or lay on when thinking."

She flops it on the ground and sits on it. She seems quite cat like as she closes her eyes and takes what looks like a lotus-position.

"Alright I'll get right on to analyzing it."

She plugs in the usb and starts cracking the data

rolls
Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 9d10: 5+9+4+3+10+10+10+7+6: 64

Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 3d10: 9+10+9: 28

"Just give me a couple more minutes and I should have it"

What Naoko found
She finds a series of cargo manifests, bank transaction records, and reciepts of delivery.

Naomi opens her eyes. "I would hope not, Ryu... because then I and her would probably cancel each other out... I can get lucky when I need to."

"Haven't needed it yet." She says, standing up. "Looks like you got the files recovered. Let me look at those a sec and see if that matches anything I saw."

She peers over Naoko's shoulder, her tail swaying from her curiosity.

Naomi's grin was followed by one of her signature, cute mews. "Excellent work." She says with a clap. "Gotcha. Now I just gotta find some evidence here I can cross-reference with what I remember. If I can... Good golly..."

Her eyes went wide.

"Kyosuke Sagara... CEO of Raiden Maru Transports... it's a small firm that has a warehouse near the one that went boom. And it's a big facility. Owns 5 small freighters. He's also collected insurance money on a Panimax Next class of cargo ship. It dissapeared in the Kamchatka region doing a routine delivery. Odd that the delivery being made was of Steel and Iron. Something that Japan isn't known to produce in great enough quantities to transport. And there was no delivery made to them to send in a great enouh quantity to require such a large cargo ship to deliver."

"What's also odd is that it's name was russian. The Minsk..."

She scratched her head but then found the most damning evidence in one of the reciepts. "Wait... Ryu... is that name familiar to you? One of the reciepients of the insurance... a Vladilena Balalaika... That last name has to be a alias since that name is what Soviet troops named their Dragunov rifles..."

She drummed her fingers in a four beat cadence. "Alright, we have to drop the hammer on this fast. Ryu, use your connections with the police and see if you can get a search warrant for the offices of Mr. Sagara's offices in Shinjuku. I will be contacting the Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force and start arranging a full raid on their warehouse, with the last greeting we got at that last warehouse I'm not taking any chances this time. Naoko, I need you to operate under the radar, as of this point I am authorizing you under Article 0 of Department Zero's charter with the Diet to operate without a warrant in hacking the servers at their office now so if they try to delete any evidence we can block their efforts or have a copy here of their info. This is officially a matter of National Security in my judgement. I will take all responsibility if I am wrong in this matter. Understood, everyone?"

Naoko gives Naomi a thumbs up.

"On it Ms. Minami. Just give me a bit"

roll
Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 11d10: 6+4+8+10+1+9+5+9+8+1+5: 66

"Heh. All your Servers, now belong to me."

rolls
Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 11d10: 2+3+7+9+5+2+3+10+7+1+4: 53

"There seem to be few self destruct programs, Trojans, tracers and other things that can screw us.....Not anymore! They're no match for the almighty Noraneko!"

rolls
Abyss Phantasia *rolls* 11d10: 7+2+6+5+4+9+3+1+3+1+8: 49

"Oh dear. Looks like Mr Segara's been a very bad boy. Doing some dirty business with our Russian friend though a Dummy Company. It'a called PBX shipping. Even got us address. It's in Moscow. "

She then brings up some text onto a screen

"Also got a letter from a Vladilena Balalaika."

She clears her throat.

"Kyosuke, the cats are getting

too close for my comfort. Do what you have to do to

get them off my trail. Their American friends have

already neutered my employer's main assets, then

have the gall to start sicing the damn european

bourgeois facists on me too.

Eliminate the detective. I want

the red sun to set. SOON.

If I don't see progress, my

employer may see fit that Japan gets sent back to the

industrial age. Pre-electricity.

-VB."

"That.....bitch. We've also got a secret file."

""To whom may be reading. This is Anastasia, by the

time you read this I am afraid I might be dead or worse in some American

holding cell. But I have to stop this, my concience is telling me this.

Please... check out the white office building on Midori-dori in Jinbocho.

Can't miss it, it is 10 stories tall, with a international orange helipad on it.

please... if you don't get this file in three days, my concience may move

me to end my miserable existance."

"This is from two days ago. I think we found it!"

Naomi blanches. "No... that's the building Department Zero recently purchased for use as their Metahuman Emergency Hospital project. They're all civilians there!"

She looks disturbed. "There has to be something to why that warning was placed in that letter... What was so important about the..."

She turns quickly to Ryu. "Ryu, I need you to check that helipad. Look for anything the size of a large suitcase sitting out where there shouldn't be one. I think they planted a EMP bomb there. At that height, and the theorized strength, it could take out a zone of a radius of almost 13.5 miles. We can follow your police leads after... something tells me the clock is ticking."

"I will notify Department Zero of this before I start the raid. But I can't do the raid until you have made sure we won't be doing it under candle-light. Once you've found it, notify D0 and have them send a bomb tech team to the area. They will probably need to see how it's made to figure out more about who is behind this."

"Naoko, I hope you know some first aid, we may need those skills. I am also going to need you with me since you've secured those files. I need to present those to Admiral Koyuki. She has been my liason with the JMSDF and their resources we will use for the raid on Mr. Sagara."

She nodded. "Okay, good luck Ryu. Noraneko, you're with me."

She starts to walk out. "Times starting to be far more limited than I thought... One of the workers uses a motorcycle to get to work here. I can requisition it. Opening a wireless port for your transmission power is too risky, so that is the best option."

Ryu blurred and was gone, out the door and into the sky, heading for the tower, even as he trusted Naomi to make the arrangements. He immediately began scanning the helipad, careful to not touch it. There was nothing on it, so he lowered himself so he was hovering parallel to the paddock, looking beneath it, and around, trying to locate something out of place.

Ryu spots a object that looked out of place right below the H on the helipad. About a meter long and wide by about 35cm deep, a suitcase made of a hardened plastic, in fact the case's design looked clam-shell. He noticed a second device, much smaller, a cube of 25 centimeters made of the same white plastic connected to the larger object with what looked like two or three cords. The smaller object was connected to the power supply of one of the navigation lights.

Ryu's experience told him that this could be a very complex bomb... at this point when he was a cop, he would call the bomb squad.

Note
All on you, Long, on how to handle this.

Back at the Research Labs

Naomi starts to walk over to the Motorcycle she had requisitioned.

"So, Ever rode on one of these before?" She asked Naoko, hopping on. "Just hold on. It is about to get very hectic, very fast and I'm going to be setting a very poor example wearing no helmet I wager."

"And please... don't hold on to my tail."

Naomi starts off for the JMSDF headquarters a few miles south of Tokyo near Yokohama. during this period, Naomi reviews. "Simple... we get to the Admiral, get her the info on that drive and get her a little something extra."

She pulls out some files from a backpack she had picked up at the research base. "That fireproof safe that Ryu found was interesting to say the least. While we were getting organized, I had one of the research scientists make copies of these few files that remain in hardcopy. The majority is info on that drive of yours."

"Evidence, Noraneko... That is my lynchpin right now."

Archived