Learn the Dragon Age RPG - OOC thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some assumptions:

1. I assume that you have put in at least a minimum of effort to look over the setting and rules posts I have made, and that information in the Quickstart Guide.
  2. I assume people will be able to post at least a couple of times a week when outside of combat, and more frequently during combat turns. I run with a 48 hour window for player actions in combat (including rolls). If you can't post in the window for known reasons before hand let me know and I'll deal with that accordingly. If you don't do so your turn will be forfeit.
  3. I assume that people have joined this for 2 reasons - 1) to have fun and 2) to learn the AGE System as used by the Dragon Age RPG.

People should let me know if any of those assumptions are wrong. Otherwise I expect to get started in the next few hours with a kickoff post.

I don't know if this has been brought up in chat yesterday but Mala wants to play the Apostate Elf so I will switch over to the circle Mage which is fine by me. Mala please let me know if you agree with this - and Jameson of course, too. I will change my post accordingly as soon as I hear word from you either in chat or here. Thanks.

Here's the deal.

Since both sides appear amenable to the change I am going to allow you two swap. Mala will be playing the City Elf Apostate, and Joani will be playing the Human Circle Mage

That's it. Done.

Joani = Circle loyal Human.

Mala = Apostate renegade city Elf.

To my understanding, the issues with characters have been resolved. Joani is still playing Nayobee, but she will not be Dalish. I am still playing the Circle Mage, who was/is Dalish. Please let me know, Joani or Jim, if any of that is incorrect and I need to adjust my character accordingly.

I just got a PM from Warren and he is having to bow out of the game for the time being. I have left him the option to return later, and I will NPC his character in the background for the time being.

Still waiting for Ace, but I will update no later than tomorrow AM at the latest.

Just and FYI so that everybody is aware. Jer dropped from the game so we were without any rogues for a bit. I gave it some thought and Joani volunteered to switch Nayobee from a mage to a rogue, which I took him up on. We are now 5 PCs, and with Alenka we have 2 mages, 1 rogue and 3 warriors. I think this will work just fine provided we don't have any more stumbling blocks.

A couple of annoucements;

1) Moira Morley has joined the game. She'll be joining the group when I next update, playing an Orlesian Rogue suspiciously similar to the one Jeremy abandoned. Except with boobs. And a different backstory ...

2) Dragon Age is #3 on my to do list for the day in regards to the site. I hope to be able to get to it at lunchtime or in the afternoon. Worst case I will definitely get the update and combat started tonight.

3) During combat I'm going to maintain a strict 48 hour window for posts in order to keep things moving, but I'd prefer 24 hours since we will be posting in sequence. If you know your turn is coming up and you might not be around to post just let me know ahead of time, preferably with a note about what you want to do this round.

Ace - I need you to make some edits to your post. Please read the thread up put up about combat actions HERE.

Character's only get 1 major action per turn, so you can only attack with one of your weapons. I'll assume that you would have attacked with the Axe and we can keep that roll, but as it is doubled, it yields a stunt worth 5 points and I need you to choose, up to 5 stunt points for your action (you could, if you wanted use Lightning Attack to attack with your Mace for instance and keep that roll).

Also please roll damage for your two attacks.

Thanks! If you have any questions try to catch me or one of the other players in chat, we'll be happy to help.

Jameson, how did I get five. I only roll twice and neither one got two of the same number. Unless the power modififer also adds to that. I needed to get that clear before I posted anything else since I did not want to cheat. I was told that it was 3d6 and not 2d6 like what I roll so I re rolled. I am sorry on all this.

OK I see what happened. You rolled 2d6 instead of 3 and I mistook your bonus for the 3rd die in the roll.

Please choose a roll for your attack and add 1d6 to it so we can find out if it creates a stunt or not and then finalize the attack.

I'll jump into chat as soon as I am done with my dinner, if there are further issues.

Mala is up next and then I will post for the last Genlock to go in round 1. Starting with round two I would like to go away from strict initiative order posting. I will update after I have combat posts from all players for round 2 with all the NPCs and sum up the round. I think that this will hopefully make for a slightly faster process, and will be a little easier on me. If people have questions they can ask here or in chat.

Archived