Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 3: ______ Festivities

What did you say?!” Galiana had been angry before but now she spun on Sayoko, her mismatched eyes filled with a burning rage. She had been so angry she’d rattled the question off in Spanish. It took her another moment to correct.

Why did you say that!” Gali trembled on the edge of reaction – and probably a violent one. She was angry, but more than that, she was afraid. How did this student know?! Had Gali not been careful enough?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sayoko nodded, looking at the enraged feline shifter. "perhaps, Galiana, we can discuss it in the kitchen, where less people are watching, and listening." Sayoko moved away from the door, and towards the Kitchen where no one else was.

Anne looked concerned. Even seeing the wreckless Sachiko behind Anne's keyboard didn't disturb her as much as the turn. Sayoko was keeping people indoors, some of the students suddenly got nervous. Now even she was picking up on it. That dread. She walked over to her bags, and grabbed her goggles. Whenever she wore them she felt more comfortable. She sat her hat down on her bags and slid her goggles unto her forehead before joining Sachiko at Anne's laptop.

"Remember Sachiko, no downloading."

For Amara, there was no answer from home, or her father's cell.

The Yakuza heiress stared at her phone like it betrayed her. *Someone* always picked up at home, this was his business number, the kind of business that couldn't wait. And the signal was getting through so that that meant something was wrong with her parents. Her thoughts flashed back to the list and it's grissly trophy, heartbeat pounding against the music, and she made a descision. Her family needed her home.

Akemi Amara was going home.

She pulled off the ridiclous party hat and started making a beeline through the crowd for the main door, angry and focussed and hands squeezed into fists as she looked around for something, anything that could serve as a blunt weapon if the trouble outside tried to stop her. Her family needed her, and while this was probably not quite the right thing and she wasn't sure what she was going to do when she got there... But her family needed her.

He had affected not caring what Kokaku said, yet he did feel worry. Then the growing sense of something being wrong, the behavior of Sayoko. Then Tezara's link message was the last straw. At least Sayoko wasn't going to interfere, since Shinji realized something bad was being set for everyone inside. He crossed to the door and caught Amara's arm. "Don't go out. Trust me, it's not safe for you. I'll let you know when it is."

*When we get outside Tezara, I'm going to need you. And what are we dealing with here?*

Sachiko quickly closed a window as Anne came up, and was the very picture of pure and untainted innocence.

"Of course not. It's not even my computer, why would I do that? You're so silly!"

She scanned the crowd, alert for trouble...and of course she found it. Kind of a lot, really. Galiana was storming off with some other girl, and then Amara-chan was heading for the door out looking like she was ready to club someone. Sachiko was just about to go do damage control when Shinji stopped her, so that was good.

"Why'd you do that?" she asked Anne abruptly. "Stop the music and rile everyone up talking about calling the police? Nothing bad's even happened, but now everyone's on edge and it's...not..." Sachiko paused, looking for the right word. "...partylike."

Tezara answered Shinji even as Amara and another pair of students made it to, and through the door. "Demons Shinji, Skitterlings probably, but likely there will be others. They're scouts, looking for a large amount of spiritual power.."

Standing there next to the open door, the two students, a male and female, got ten feet, and there was a loud splorch sound as A black bug like demon had emerged from the darkness, spearing the boy with massive spines, and then a shower of gore, as it proceeded to rip him apart. The girl and the house were splattered with blood, some narrowiy missing Shinji and Amara, as the Girl screamed, and then that too was cut off, as her head was no longer there, something having swooped down and snapped it away in an instant. Her headless corpse fell to the ground, blood spurting everywhere.

"Sachiko... when I say I got a bad feeling, THAT... gives me a bad feeling." Sachiko adjusts her outfit. "Everyone inside! Now! Close the door!" Anne shouts, taking command of the situation. She moves to the center of the room and looks down the hall, glaring. "Whoever is out there... is about to get a piece of my mind if he comes in here."

Her bands started to feel warm... on one side she had the feeling that she should activate her starlight shield. But she knew it has a visible manifestation.

She adjusts her sailor collared blouse. "Don't worry everyone, I was trained in self defense..."

She decides. She was going to be there for everyone. If there ever was a time, it was now. She focused her mind and through her armbands a golden/white glow began. "Time to shed some light on this subject..."

Yep
Just raised shields

Ayami had separated off from the main party when she noticed the odd red glow around the door. She'd sequestered herself halfway up the stairs leading to the second floor of the house, taking the time to watch the door and Sayoko's responses to anyone trying to leave the party. Once, for a few minutes while everyone was playing a Sachiko-flavored version of karoke, the two just stared at each other. Sayako knew something, but Ayami hadn't pulled up the courage to directly ask the girl before the Spanish exchange student with the scar, Galiana, stalked up to the self-appointed guardian of the door and the two started arguing. Ayamai had stood up and was starting down the steps when two other classmates stepped out the door first. She stood in silent horror as amonsters appeared in the yard and ripped the two to pieces.

For a moment she sat in silent shock, her mind trying to reconcile reality with what she'd just seen; then the adrenaline and panic rushed through her and her own scream echoed the dead girl's. She buried her head in arms, trying to banish the images of the boy and girl being torn apart, only dimly aware that she was still screaming though her tears and had collapsed, sobbing, back onto the stairs.

Amara was in the middle of her best indignant glare at being halted when the sudden horror show deaths made her jerk away from the door, a throughly undignified 'Eeeep!' escaping her lips. Anne's lighting up like a lightbulb and Ayami's scream kicked the fright over into fight, the Yakuza heiress jerking out of Shinji's grip and snatching up something that looked like a weapon to her tumbling thoughts.

"What the hell is going on?! Explain!" she demanded, weapon wildly wavering between the open door, Shinji who knew something, and Anne who was as suddenly alien as everything else. Eyes wild and furious with the need ot get home with the thought of creatures like *that* in her home, she didn't notice she was wielding a drumstick.

Anne looked over to Amara. "Sorry this was so sudden... but I figured sooner or later I couldn't keep my powers a secret from my friends. I got a feeling something bad has gone down or is about to... and I'm not going to let anyone in here get hurt."

"I promise."

"I'm an exchange student after all, I'm supposed to represent the best of my country, right?" She says with a smile.

And just like that, things went to hell. A scream outside, echoed by a scream inside...and Anne suddenly blazed with light, freaking yet other people out mightily. Sachiko stayed put for a second to turn the music down and say, "Okay everyone, just stay in here for a second! I'm sure it's just a skit or something people are practicing, but I'll go find out for sure!"

Then she hurried after Anne to see her talking to Amara.

"Anne, hold on a second! Amara, what happened!" She looked over. "Is someone crying? Is that Ayami?" Shutting the front door absently as she passed by (not noticing the two new bodies in the gloom of the evening), Sachiko went to the stairs and looked up. "Ayami, are you okay?"

"At least bring Ayami back here, Sachiko! Whoever is out there... we definitely need to be ready to defend ourselves! Perferribly where we can watch each other's backs."

"And someone keep a weary eye on Kohaku. He's liable to have a psychotic episode now."

Anne of course knew otherwise, if it was something he had been playing round in, he was probably used to it. All Anne knew was that if it was an intruder or intruders, she could handle the criminals easily, but if it was something paranormal... she was going to purge the ungodly thing.

"And everyone, please stay calm. We won't be able to act correctly in a panic."

As Sayoko walked away, Gali snapped, “Outside. Or we do not talk.” Her accent was thicker now, panic and irritation making it harder to figure out the Japanese words. And then it all went all to hell.

Monsters attacked two students. Gali’s brain, already feeling trapped by Sayoko’s insistence she stay in the house, saw two monsters that were blocking her way and meant her harm. As a cornered animal, she did the only thing she could – she reacted on the offensive.

The werecat was out the door and charging at the beast she saw outside. As she landed on top of it, her hands reshaped themselves into wicked claws. The girl hit the monster and knocked it far enough back that Sachiko didn’t see her outside when the other closed the door.

It left Gali alone with the monsters, but she wasn’t afraid – even if she should be.

Galiana's not following her perturbed her, but then all hell broke loose. To make it even worse Galiana was now alone outside with the demons.

"Dammit."

Her eyes changed briefly, and she sighed. "Sleep."

Of the remaining students, almost all of them dropped like marionettes with their strings cut, falling into a deep sleep. She came out of the kitchen, and nodded "Get all the ones who are asleep into one room. They will be easier to protect. The rest of you, get your shit together, now that the cat's gone outside, the shit's gonna hit the fan."

It was far more foul language than they'd heard her use, enough hopefully to shock them into action.

She looked at Anne and Shinji. 'Go outside and bring Galiana back inside. It may not be too late yet. Don't dawdle, and keep an eye to the skies. The damn bats are gonna be a pain."

Outside, Galiana found herself face to face with a creature unlike any she'd seen before. Her earlier attack had knocked it back, now it began to chitter, and she could see if fully. It was very insect like, and about four feet tall.

Warrior_Model.jpg

Galiana stared at the beast. She’d never seen anything like this, though both of her families had stories of monsters like this. She didn’t think about it long. With vicious speed, the werecat attacked. The first rake of her claws missed but the second shredded its exoskeleton. The insect thing screeched angrily and lunged at her.

Gali jerked backwards, away from the monster and its mouth-pinchers missed her. The creature wasn’t done; another attack caught her leg, opening a deep gash. The werecat cried out with pain, but didn’t give up the attack. A double clawed attack on the already-opened wound and tore it open further. The creature thrashed, falling into its death-throes. Galiana backed up, watching until she was sure it was dead. Then she staggered over to the wall of the house and sat down against the wall. Her hands became normal as she gripped her wounded leg, panting and trying to calm down.

Short Combat
[Long6] 4:16 pm: initiative

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 6+5+3: 14

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 2+4+3: 9

[Long6] 4:19 pm: yup you're going first

[Carver Soze] 4:19 pm: 2 attacks, using claws.

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 1+1+5: 7

[Carver Soze] 4:20 pm: Sonova...

[Carver Soze] 4:20 pm: Using Divine Relationship if I can?

[Long6] 4:20 pm: yes

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 5+4+5: 14

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+4: 14

[Long6] 4:21 pm: miss

[Long6] 4:21 pm: Defender wins

[Carver Soze] 4:21 pm: 2nd attack

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 4+4+5: 13

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 2+2+3: 7

[Long6] 4:22 pm: hit

[Carver Soze] 4:22 pm: Base damage is 6, claws are Weapon 4.

[Long6] 4:23 pm: so 27 damage

[Long6] 4:23 pm: it is still alive, though she's tore some gashes in the side of it's exoskeleton

[Carver Soze] 4:24 pm: She has 2 defensive actions.

[Long6] 4:24 pm: yes

[Long6] 4:24 pm: to defend against its attacks

[Long6] 4:24 pm: first attack

[Long6] 4:24 pm: attempting to bite

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+4: 10

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 4+6+7: 17

[Long6] 4:25 pm: 2nd attack

[Carver Soze] 4:25 pm: (ACV + Def Mastery 2)

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 5+5+4: 14

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+7: 13

[Carver Soze] 4:26 pm: Damage?

[Long6] 4:26 pm: 25

[Long6] 4:27 pm: it caught you with the cutting edge of its pincerlike beak

[Long6] 4:27 pm: new round

[Carver Soze] 4:27 pm: Attacking with claws:

Carver Soze *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+5: 9

Long6 *rolls* 2d6: 2+1+4: 7

[Long6] 4:28 pm: hah

[Long6] 4:28 pm: it's dead

[Carver Soze] 4:28 pm: 27 damage.

[Carver Soze] 4:28 pm: Yay!

[Long6] 4:28 pm: yeah

[Carver Soze] 4:28 pm: "Now *that's* how you deal with danger!"

"I am not a mad man. A small bit of Paranoia is good. I admit I lose it this time since I saw something I did not comprehend. Plus the fact my personal life got into my reasearch and also ruin things for me. If I had been more impersonal in my research then...." he said as he stopped himself. He had turn his face away from them disgusted in himself. No odds were he could not have been that good. These things were something not known to him. He never saw these things before. Plus he doubt he could of figure out what was going on. This was something above him in all regards. Still he blame himself.

Also I am not a weakling. I can fight, well maybe not as good as you guys can, but I am not backing down in a fight. That's if you guys think are stick aroudn to fight these things. If not then we should at least figure out a good plan to retreat and quick before more of these things come if at all." Kohaku said. He hoped not to use his powers here. Even so he wonder if it was strong enought to harm them at all.

"I want to go home. My family needs me," Amara intoned soft and brokenly, shaking as she dropped the useless drumstick at yet another impossibility, "Tell me when I can do that, but... but... Just leave me alone, okay?"

And with that, she retreated to the nearest empty corner and hugged her knees, taking the glad relief of shutting down down her rational mind and waiting for her phone to ring. She was obvously out of her depth, right? Let the others handle it all. Nothing she could do anyway against monsters.

Shinji took a moment, then got a grip and glared at Sayoko, "I'd say I already know half of what is going on, but explain the other half soon." And no holding it off now. With a deep breath, given the drain this would exert on him... "Tezara, come." His necklace flashed blue and a glow permeated the air, forming into a rather bodacious and beautiful armed woman next to Shinji. Given the gravity of the situation, Shinji was able not to ogle as he briefly had in previous times with his Servant, and told her before she could say anything. "Stay here for now." Then to the group, "I'll get Galiana."

The door was open and shut, and Shinji had come outside. Following the blood trail he quickly found Galiana. "Galiana? Come inside. There's more demons coming."

Sachiko stood, between Amara freaking out and Ayami crying upstairs and Anne glowing like a gaijin lightbulb and Shinji making weird samurai women appear and someone just put almost everyone else to sleep...

It was like the PERFECT party!

"This would be so cool if it wasn't going to kill us," she said raptly.

Then a soft chime from her arm attracted her attention. She looked down to see a little light blinking on the face of her watch.

"Ayami...uh...I was going to say come down, but...maybe you should stay up there for...a little while..." Sachiko called as she looked at the device more closely. "Things are a little weird right now..."

The watch had a red panel flashing, and tiny words blinking in the LCD screen:

Warning - Paramorphic field intensity approaching critical levels.

Owner is advised to activate a defensive mode immediately.

"...the hell? Watch, why'd you have to pick NOW to say something cool?"" she fussed, because she really wanted to fiddle with it now, but there were other things happening that were arguably more interesting...and only things on this scale could EVER make that claim.

Sayoko quickly began helping moving students, though she saw Amara flee, and went over to her. "Things will be alright, this place is protected. Within the walls, we're safe."

Tezara looked at her, and her blue eyes narrowed. She didn't want to remain inside, but her Contractor had given an order. She helped move the bodies, decidedly not in a gentle fashion, as Sayoko moved on. She found Ayami and looked at her taking her by the shoulders. "Ayami, look at me. It will be all right. For tonight at least, you will be safe. You must prepare to fulfill your role, the one you were born for."

Kohaku looks around and trying to figure things out. He right does not know what to really plan or do. Parts of him tell him to fight, while other side of him to run. Yet also a part of him wants to know what is going on. He looks around to see what is going on around him to make sure what his next move should be.

Gali snarled reflexively at Shinji when he came too close but she didn’t really feel the urge to attack him. She’d been hurt; what she really wanted to do was shift forms and go huddle in someplace warm and dark until she healed. Then she’d have a bath and a nap, and then maybe find more demons to kill.

But that wasn’t an option and the girl pushed herself upright. Limping, she followed the boy back into the house. Her ears could already hear the other demons in the night, and even a cat knew when she was outnumbered.

Sayoko quickly began helping moving students, though she saw Amara flee, and went over to her. "Things will be alright, this place is protected. Within the walls, we're safe."

The words penetrated the great ringing silence of Amara's thoughts, the swirling sense of out of control helplessness and all-too-vivid imagination paralyzing her in place. She looked up and blinked into Sayoko's eyes, 90% of her attention still waiting for the phone to ring and tell her that everything was fine at home, that help was on the way. Like it always was when things went wrong. Like normal.

"I don't care about me, Mitsuragi-San," she robotically answered with only a shadow of her usual steely reserve, words a whispered mantra of fragile thought, "Something's happening with my family and they need me. I have to get to them. I have to."

Hearing Amara speak, Sayoko answered from where she knelt over Ayami. "If you leave this place, you will lead our foes right to your home, and then, I guarantee everyone there will die, Amara. All of you are special, and right now that specialness endangers those around you who are not."

When Shinji and Galiana returned to the house, she quickly moved over to the door, closed it, and made several small motions with her hands.

Tezara nodded knowingly. "A kai barrier. no damn wonder you're keeping us in here."

Sayoko stared daggers at Tezara, and nodded. "Each of you possesses abnormally high spiritual power, Some of you have full manifestations of it. This power will draw demons like a magnet. I knew today would be the day they came, so when Sachiko planned the party I knew it was my only chance to keep you all safe. I spent all that time helping set things up, even as I was erecting the barrier that would shield your power from demonic senses. Sadly, Two of you made it outside, so the demons will now focus some greater effort on this place. Until sunrise, we must remain inside this house. The raiding party they sent fora foothold is small, no more than two to three hundred demons, but until all of you accept your strength and gifts, that's more than enough to bring you all down."

She shook her head. "I cannot allow that."

Anne saw Galiana. The shock alone of seeing her injured sprung her to action. She went into one of her dufflebags and grabbed a first aid kit and ran over to Gali.

"Don't worry, I can control the bleeding. At least until we can get you to a hospital."

Anne went right into action pulling out what she would need for attending to Gali.

Making a Medicine (Emergency Response) 1 Roll
[Kamiko] 7:09 pm: Medicine is a Mind stat skill, correct? Gonna use Medicine (Emergency Response) on Gali.

[Kamiko] 7:10 pm: Anne always... ALWAYS... carries a first aid kit.

[Kamiko] 7:21 pm: so what do I roll?

[Kamiko] 7:21 pm: Ok assuming it's Mind then.

Kamiko *rolls* 2d6: 1+5+7: 13

[Kamiko] 7:22 pm: Witness?

[Jeremy] 7:22 pm: witnessed

Anne starts bandaging Gali's leg, observing her and making sure she won't go into shock. "I'm going to need a blanket for her and pull that raft I set up for decoration over here."

She lets enough air out of it to fold it in half yet still enough air to allow Gali's leg to be elevated. "I'll elevate your leg to help keep the bleeding down with the bandage work I did. Just stay here. I think Sayoko has the right idea."

She starts watching every angle as she works. She had no time for fear. The bleeding seemed stopped for now.

She took a breath and whispered. "Anne... courage isn't not being afraid, it's being afraid yet doing what you have to do anyways..."

Sachiko watched and listened, becoming increasingly sure that the other kids had gotten together to try to put one over on her. If so, she'd need to take notes. It was BRILLIANT.

"So," she said skeptically, "The demons are here for us? And we can't go outside. BUT, if that is so...why not put us ALL to sleep?"

She laughed in triumph and put her fingertips to her forehead. "You guys were good...I'm flattered you went to all this trouble just for me. But you'll have to do a little better to put one over on ME! HA HA HA!"

Ayami had stopped screaming, half because her voice was giving out and half because of Sayoko's cryptic words. The world was still spinning in her head and the images of the two other students being ripped apart playing like a bad horror movie behind the words and the smell of Galiana's blood. It was Sachiko, though, that finally brought her completely back to the moment and the house. She stood up, wobbling down the half flight of stairs, each step a little firmer as a some inner spark was ignited to a full flame by Sachiko's laughter. Ayami did the one thing that no one from her life would have expected of her - she slapped Sachiko sharply across the face.

"They're dead, Sachiko!" she yelled, her voice trembling with fear and indignation. "Dead! This isn't some freshman prank! They ripped him in half and then bit off her head! Can't you smell the blood?! Don't you feel it?!" She gestured wildly behind her at the door, though whether she meant the kai barrier, the death of the students, or the demons massing outside testing every way to enter the house and glut themselves on those still living was anyone's guess.

Sayoko and Tezara moved together. The second went to her Master's side. "You realize how utterly foolish going out there yourself was right, Master? You're not made for fighting, you should leave that to me."

Sayoko walked over to Ayami and Sachiko. "I didn't put you all to sleep because tonight we're all going to talk, and hopefully by sunrise have the beginnings of a plan. Any one of us here could make a difference, but the only way any of us will have the chance to is to work together."

"They are dead, Ayami, and we're lucky they're the only ones. aAll across Tokyo now the demons are out, It's much worse in the south, though the government and media haven't reported much of it. The Demons are good at covering their tracks for the most part, when they choose to. We're not up against a mindless horde out for converts and sustenance, There's powerful hands guiding them, seeking out people with abnormal spiritual power."

She sighed, "Why don't we all sit down, and have a talk. If you'll give me about twenty minutes, I will see what I can do to check upon your families."

Anne kept one eye on Galiana while listening.

"We should. Right now the only friendly faces we can trust are in this room, everyone."

She sighed, a look of loss on her face. "We can't help those who've been killed out there... right now... we are hopefully in the safest place possible. If we can come up with a plan of escape once day breaks, the better we may get out of this."

"This has all gone to hell... the most we can do is rely on each other."

"Ayami, please, the last thing... the very last thing that will help those two is if we lose our minds because of what happened. They were killed, but at least they died quickly. That is the only comfort we can take from this. We have to stay strong for them so WE survive. That's all that matters now."

"Sachiko... please... get serious here. People have died. We may have to fight for our lives if we are to see tomorrow!"

Anne's glowing stopped, She knew to conserve energy. "Sayoko, do what you can... everyone else, I don't think we should call the police, not with the outside like it is... they'll be slaughtered out there."

"Time to put everything on the table, everyone... what do we have?"

What glowing Annes and magically appearing girls had not been able to do, Ayami's slap...or maybe her talk of dead people...accomplished.

Sachiko was silenced, her eyes comically wide and her hand cupped over the spot where she'd been slapped.

Maybe she was finally ready to listen for a change.

Amara almost cracked a smile despite herself at the slap, coming back into herself by inches. She remained where she was, eyes tracking Sayoko. Sayoko could find out what was happening with her family. Or so she claimed. She also claimed that they had some sort of important power like out of the old stories, which was crazy, but tonight was crazy, and the Yakuza Heiress wasn't stupid enough to think she could fight even two of the things she had seen kill the students outside.

She just desperately needed her family to be okay enough to save her. Everything not related to that goal went in one ear and out the other. But Sayoko had Amara's attention, a faintly burning ember of focus that all but demanded the kai worker get on with it.

Ayami stumbled back, wide eyes mirroring Sachiko's as she clapped a hand over her mouth in horror. "Oh, Sachiko-chan, I..I'm sorry. I didn't...I.." She looked about to burst into tears again, and most of what Sayoko had said was glossed over as her mind added the sight of her slapping another person to the real of "worst night ever" playing behind her eyes.

"F-family? Oh, Hanashiro-san!" She whirled on Sayoko, pleading, "He'll be coming to pick me up! I have to warn him, before....before..."

"Ayami... we're going to cover all this. Sayoko seems to know what she is talking about. Please... trust her."

She turned to Sayoko. "Please... the sooner we start the better for all of us, particularly for Ayami!"

Anne was indeed concerned. Ayami looked about to break, and action was needed.

Shinji looked at Tezara and shook his head at his Servant. "This," he gestured to the fraught nerves here and his own were apparent. "...is why I had to go out. It wasn't a fight I was expecting out there, and if it was a risk? So be it. We're all shocked out of our wits, trying to make sense of things. I know Galiana, enough that she wouldn't freak out and would return inside with me. Couldn't take that chance with you yet. Anyway, not much I can offer now, since you're the warrior."

Sayoko nodded. "Then I will see about them all. She left and would be gone for almost twenty minutes.

When she returned, it was with a resigned look on her face.

She shook her head. "There is good, and bad news."

'Galiana, Kohaku, Shinji, your families are fine. They're safely at home, though Galiana, some of your cousins are wounded."

She looked to Sachicko and the others. "The news for each of you is worse."

"Ayami, you will need another ride home."

"Sachicko, your mother is in the hospital.."

"Anne, your parents are fine, but Taro won't be at the club tomorrow."

She looked to Amara. "Your father is the only one left..."

She looked to the door. "IF you are all thinking of leaving, trust me, don't. Right now there's nothing to be done."

Tezara looked at Sayoko and shook her head. "Thank God you're not a doctor, your manner sucks."

Anne punches a internal wall, it cracks slightly as the bands on her wrists glow.

"Dammit!" Anne shouts.

First it was a look of profound sorrow, but it transformed into rage. No one in this room has ever seen Anne rightfully angry, and it was a fury amplified with her own gift. She hovered in her psychic rage over to Sayoko. "What... What would you have me do? What would you have US do?!"

The true nature of Anne was there, the Paladin unleashed. "What must... we do?"

Kohaku took it all in. He was surprised that his parents were safe. Then again he was not surprised. He was their target. There was no need to aim for something that was easily in their grasp. He knew he was going to die if he did not do something to make sure of that.

It was kind of a sick comical irony to Kohaku. He would have laught if not for three things. One: Due to the seriousness of the situation. Two: out of respect of his fellow comrades, he think it's safe to call them that. Three: He did not want to look like he was losing it. He had alot to prove. He snapped due to his own personal life mixed with something as trivial as a photo. He lost his edge and he knew it. He was once very calm and collective, yet he allow an few dark events of his past to cloud his mind and thinking. Now he must prove himself to the others.

"So what do we have to do?" Kohaku asked in a calm collect matter. "It's obvious we are all dead if we go out there, but what of the next night and the night after? I doubt we have the power to take all these things out. Not without some help or training. Some of us are not warriors."

Galiana didn’t care about her cousins. She would have been… unhappy to learn that they were dead, but to hear that they were merely injured didn’t matter. She was more distressed to learn that the others’ families were hurt. She knew personally how distracting that was and it sounded like they would need everyone to be focused to survive this night.

“Sayoko has already told us what she expects.” There was a hint of pain in Galiana’s voice as she stood up and joined the others. The lion in her wouldn’t allow her to stand outside of the group, not if she was attempting to guide them and bring some sanity to the insanity. As a werecat, she was far more used to this than the other kids; learning that there was more to the world than she learned in school was not really surprising the young shape-shifter. “She expects us to wait here until dawn and talk. She expects that we will survive tonight so that we may become warriors.”

She glowered at the other student. “But Sayoko, I have questions for you. Why do you know all of this? How can you leave safely? Why should be trust you, when you could be a demon yourself?”

Archived