Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN DSA Plot] Operation Valiant Shield [Complete]

SeaEagle

Kei looks up and flies up to the catwalk that girdles the bridge and walks in through a side door. Walking in she looks at what Karrie pulled up.

"Excellent! We know where... everything is in this section of the pacific! Awesome!"

She walks over to Karrie's machine and enters in a security clearance code fast. "There, we can cancel out all operating surface ships that we know of... it'll take a few moments to... Wait there is a sattelite message on screen..."

This video feed is seen from "Mother"'s POV.
"Alright, my children, these are your orders.

Alexander, you will stay on board the Minsk for now, we will send Anastasia to do a reconnaisance of the area and gain an initial assessment of the ship in question."

A woman dressed in a grey business suit and her hair done up in a high-class coiff smoked a cigarette on a sattelite screen on what looked like in every way a Aircraft Carrier's bridge.

"What would that assessment entail, Mother?" A girl, no older than 14 asked the woman in the blurry video feed, wearing a sky-blue suit that looked more for the space program than for flying,

"Use everything at your disposal. It is time we started getting more of my investment!"

"Will I... have to kill?"

"That would be the point, Anastasia." Alexander, a older boy, 19 years old says, staring at the girl. Wearing a typical flight suit. "Our mother's goals in the future rest on your shoulders now."

She sighed. "When will I be launching?"

"12 hours from now. It will be a night mission when you engage."

She nodded. "Very well..."

Secretly, she wished she didn't have to do this. She loved flying, and as a blip with a natural reflex and talent for flying, it was even more fun. But she wasn't as tough as the young man she called "Brother" only in code. She was no more related to him as she was to the "Mother" on screen. But, she was a homless street-urchin in Moscow, fighting for every scrap she got. Now she got to live her dream.

She adjusted the suit, specifically designed for her fragile nature since she couldn't adapt to sudden G-Forces. Something a Nova of greater intellect could achieve.

"Remember, The Russian will be sending her forces at the ship to retrieve the last of what I need. More than likely there will be high-level Novas onboard. If we can strike quickly, there may be a chance."

Anastasia just nodded. "I must prepare for my flight."

She walked out of the bridge, as her "Brother" chimed in out of her earshot.

"I don't think her heart is in it, Mother."

"It is. She knows what is important."

Alexander on the other hand was cocksure in his mission. He was tough, unnaturally so, and loved to prove it. He also respected "Mother" and her goals.

"I'm not so sure, Mother... I will take my station."

"Don't dissapoint me, Alexander."

Kei looks askance. "Anyone speak Russian? That had to be Russian!"

A bridge officer runs over. "I do. Replay that message, Karrie."

She replays it from the cache and the bridge officer translates word for word. Kei scratches her head.

"Not good... The Minsk... They're getting ready to launch a sortie..."

Kei looks at the sattelite code. "That video must have been in the transmit buffer... it's 6 hours old and the.... 6 hours from now?!?!"

Kei quickly dashes to the intercom for the ship. "Attention crew, this is Kei Nakano of the Department of Superhuman Affairs, all JMSDF operatives on alert! Impending attack in 6 hours! I Repeat, fast mover! Ready the F-35N for flight in 5 hours, 40 minutes!"

Karrie sees the look of concern on Kei's face.

"Karrie... I'm going alone. I don't want you on the plane if... I have to kill that girl. Her voice said it all to me. She's being forced to do this... but if I have to I will shoot her down. The troops here should be able to repel any attack from the water but I didn't see any heat-seekers being deployed."

"Do what you can to defend yourself but otherwise... make sure you survive this. They have to have another ship nearby. Typical tenders can't go too far and the Minsk was 12 hours away. 6 hours now."

She enters in the maximum safe operating range of the Jets spotted weeks ago. One blip she marks red. "That has to be the only place the Minsk is, in that grid sector."

She overlays her F-35N's range. "Damn, I can't intercept. Not unless I go in without the Dragon now... or wait until the other ship brings the..."

She starts overlaying the maximum ranges, past Bingo Fuel... the point of no return. "Unless that 'mother is a real bastard... then I got only 3 hours to wait... I gotta meet her out there and turn her back or make her tread water. But I'm goign to give her a fighting chance to surrender. If I encounter her in this grid area..." she marks a square in green. "I can make it back with her in the F-35. But if that dogfight goes more than 10 minutes... I come back without the Dragon."

She sighed. "And this has to be the ship the attack is going to come from." She marked a unknown blip with a yellow mark. "That ship is approaching from the Southeast. It'll be within strike range 30 minutes before the projected arrival of the pink aircraft. But I am not going to let her get here."

She steps back to the door. "Karrie. Prepare yourself for a fight. I'll get back here with the pilot, or a corpse. Either way I am coming back. I promise."

The look on her face said it. Kei was taking charge of the crisis, but was thinking more of the welfare of a girl she didn't know and was making a judgement based on a hunch. But Karrie bristled on how Kei just completely kept her from talking... to bring up any alternate plan...

“Ya know, there are alternative ideas.” Karrie had risen to her feet, smiling a little. “I can see if I can jerry rig something to give you some help. A small EMP blast is easy to achieve and, if set off around those planes, could give you an edge in the fight by forcing that girl to ditch. No one wants to see you kill her.”

Karrie took a swig of soda and added, “I can probably come up with more if you can give me an hour or so.”

Kei claps her hands and points to her. "Thanks! Good idea! She'll be flying Sub-Mach once we engage in combat more than likely. I can set that off like a pulse when she gets close. And trust me, unless she's some sort of Aviatrix goddess... I will have command of the skies."

Kei was sure of one thing, she was the head bitch in charge when she plays air superiority. "Let's do it. you say one hour... we got 3. I'm not killing that kid. Plucking her out of the pacific... far better option since ejecting is all a mechanical process."

"Her tailbone's gonna smart for a while and she'll be a bit shorter... but she'll be alive. That's what counts. The more intel we can get the better!"

She starts to look hyper. "We can use the bin usually used for personal effects to mount the EMP device." She says, wringing her hands looking like a chipmunk eating a nut. "Anything I can help with while you set it up?"

• 2 months later...

“I can always use someone to hold my tools.” Karrie smirked as she picked up three cans of soda and a bag of chips and stuffed them in a bag. With one hand freed, she grabbed a tool belt and headed to find the captain. After giving him a short list of items she needed, the Native American led Kei out to the main deck.

One by one, the parts she needed started to materialize as crew members brought them to her as fast as they were found. Karrie sat down cross-legged and began to assemble the machine. Her fingers were fast and sure as she constructed the EMP machine. “Open the hatch and lemme see how much room I have.” When Kei had done that, Karrie nodded. “Plenty of space. So. You a Kiba or Tsume girl?”

Kei blushed. "Umm... wouldn't know, unfortunately. I don't even know a point of reference to what you asked."

She adjusted her suit as she looked over the interface points. "Be mindful of these locations..." She says, shining a laser pointer at a couple spots inside the small space usually used for personal effects. "...these two spots if breached could trigger the ejection seat and this could make it not work at all. This though would be a good spot to splice into the weapons systems."

She grinned. When it came to aircraft, Kei was in her element. Although Karrie probably already knew that... still, this was her baby.

"We got a... about two hours left, think you can program that up and have her ready by then?" She says looking at her watch. "I might greet these bastards a little early at the rate we're going."

Karrie snorted, ever the delicate flower. “Kei, I’ll have you in the air sooner than that, so if you wanna meet with them earlier, be my guest. I could have it done in five minutes, but since you’re a friend I’m going to take a full hour to make sure it’s done right.” She grinned sharply. “Wouldn’t want you to ejector-seat yourself out on the first volley.

“Anyway, I’m making the EMP blast a mechanical deal. No need to program much in, I just have to make sure your ship is shielded. That’s the primary reason it’s gonna take an hour. Again, it’d suck to be out there and have your ship fail, too. Kinda defeat our purpose. Not that you can’t fly better than your ship, anyway.”

Karrie suddenly pointed the screwdriver at Kei. “And you and me are watching some serious movie-age when we get back. Not knowing who Kiba and Tsume are? You are missing out, and I’m going to fix that for you, since we’re good friends.” With that promise/threat, the native woman got back to work.

"Karrie, You're looking at the girl that volunteers to test ejection seats. No hair off my head. But I would like to bring this dragon back to roost. the insurance premiums alone would make you wanna go down with the ship."

Smiling she gave a trusting thumbs up. "And if this all works out, I'll take you up on the offer. Well... that is a foregone conclusion."

= 30 minutes later =

"What do you mean she left early?"

"She took off early, Mother. She said she needed to get some intel on the location faster, she said something was bothering her."

The woman known as Mother stared at Alexander. "Launch in one hour. Even if it means shooting your "sister" Anastasia down, get her back here at once.

"Understood."

Alexander leaves the briefing room where he was speaking to a large video-conferencing screen.

- Meanwhile somewhere in the Pacific...

"So... 'mother'... Your children being restless?"

"Anastasia is the weak link in my whole operation. I'm cutting her off as a liability from this point foreward."

"Interesting. How do you intend that?"

"Keep your men that have RPGs and Javelins in reserve. If somehow Anastasia gets lucky with Alexander or the pilot of whoever is in that modified F-35 is a complete imbecile, take her down."

"The pilot of Dragon 5 isn't a imbecile, Miss. She is a Nova Aviatrix, like Anastasia and in the same caliber as Alexander. I didn't point those two 'blips' for nothing."

"I hope you're right. this is starting to muddle the plan. Get on the move early."

The woman known to Interpol and the NSA as "The Russian" nods. "You'll get your parts."

"Oh... I already have them. I needed that Japanese company as a red herring. And I needed a proper patsy in Sagara. Soon the cats will leap on their prey."

"Oh? There's two now in Japan?"

"Yep, the Detective and the Cop."

"Wait... Hideyoshi?"

'Mother' nods. "That one."

"Perhaps I should leave them a couple gifts... I'm heading to my safehouse in Tokyo to get the last of my resources squared away to my offshore safehouse. I... hope you can forgive me keeping that location clandestine."

Mother nods as The Russian grabs her coat. "Very well... I will leave operations to my commander. Yuri! You leave in 1 hour."

Yuri, her right-hand man and bodyguard nods and signals a couple of his lackeys to follow alongside.

= Back on the Cargo Ship =

Warning horns sound on deck just as Carrie finishes setting up the F-35. Kei runs to the intercom to speak to the Captain.

"Hey!?! Were trying to get our work done down here!"

"We need you to scramble immediately. Seems the fast-mover got froggy and is already starting to get in weapons range."

"Son of a..."

"Also... the sonar package is picking up 6 sound signatures. Fitting a Zodiac type of engine, but it sounds much different overall."

"Long-range outboards..." Karrie says, hearing the sound.

"Great... ok, everything set, then, Karrie?"

"Yep, everything is, but you'll get one shot, maybe two if you're lucky."

Kei nods as she grabs her helmet. "Okay, clear the pad then, everyone, doing a emergency takeoff. Karrie, keep safe."

Kei smiled, but looked concerned for her partner. "If anything happens... this ship and the crew are more important than me. Got it? I can handle myself."

• 3 months later...

“Uh-huh. No one’s more important than the other.” She clapped Kei on the shoulder. “Just watch and see; we’ll all get out of this together. I’m gonna make sure of that.” It was big talk, but Karrie always entered a situation sure she was on top. It was the only way to get anything done. “See you on the other side, short-stuff.”

Kei clambered up the ladder into the jet while Karrie turned and jogged for the tower. Her pulse was coming faster, and she grinned as she dashed up the stairs to the bridge. Humming to herself, she slid under the console for the weapons system and began to refigure them. She was just getting into it when the Captain called her out. “Kei’s about ready to take off, but we have a problem.”

“Awesome! Take-offs are the best place to have a problem.” Karrie rose to her feet and flashed him a grin that matched her sardonic tone. “What’s the issue?”

“We have enemy boats in the water. The attack is coming sooner than anticipated.” The captain didn’t look reassured when Karrie’s smile remained in place. “I have the gunners ready.”

“Right, then, I’ll skip the rest of the rewiring and just go soup-up the guns,” Karrie said as she snatched up her tools and headed for the door. The rewired targeting system would have been better, but the better system wasn’t that great without the better guns. She mentally kicked herself as she hurried down to the turret rooms. The crew turned to stare as she bolted into the room and ran to the nearest magazine. They watched as she attached something to the side of the racks and started to punch in numbers. They didn’t question her as she used quantum energy to create bigger explosions.

Karrie was intent on her work when she heard shouting. She ignored it, focusing on her work, until the sound of automatic gunfire roused her. Blinking, she looked around the corner into the hallway to see armed men on the ship, heading for her position. Karrie ducked back as one shot at her. “Shit!” she squawked as she fumbled The Flintlock! out of the pocket of her coveralls. Muttering curses in English and Dine, she readied her weapon, looking at the gun crew with her. “You guys armed?”

One of them shook his head quickly. “Just with the big gun.”

“Are you fucking… god damnit, were I in America, where the NRA would have personally strapped a gun to each and every one of your asses. Okay. New plan. Where’s the nearest arms?”

“The armory is down the hall.”

Of course it is. We wouldn’t want this to be simple, would we?” Karrie grabbed a device out of her bag and altered its settings. It immediately began to make an uneasy whining noise. “Okay. Here’s the plan. I’m gonna throw this at them, it’s gonna explode and we’re going to run like hell the other way to the armory.”

The sailors paled. “Explode!” one exclaimed.

Karrie mimed an explosion with her hands and said, “Kaboom, baby. Though it’ll be more like a flash grenade-”

“We should talk about this,” the most senior officer said.

Karrie rolled her eyes and leaned into the hallway, throwing the device down its length at the cautiously approaching invaders. They took cover instinctively as Karrie’s device tumbled to a stop in front of them. “Yeah, you have fun with that,” she told him as she got ready to run. “Me, I’m gonna run like hell.”

Kei opened her eyes after taking a breath, and her eyes started to glow slightly. She could see the boats had arrived early and it was going to take too long to use the elevator to being the Dragon up.

She pulls her hand down twice like telling a Trucker to blow his horn and a armed guard at a red switch pulls the handle and coveres his ears and takes cover. Moments later explosive bolts on the outer hatch blow and the small SRB motors fire launching the doors clear, followed by them falling overboard. One of the hatches hit a boat as it approached and immediately flips it, ripping through most of it rendering it a sinking wreck.

"Well, that was good timing!"

Kei starts her engine in VTOL mode and hits her throttle as fast she can. The F-35N clears the deck almost like a rising beast. Seeing the ship could use some help, before taking to the sky she clears out two more boats by firing the 30mm cannon on the nose. perforating the boats to the point they lost all their air, flipping them as the nose of the now non-bouyant vehicles dug into the water.

Then Kei switches to standard flight mode, acellerating to her battleground... or at least she hoped it wouldn't be.

"Okay Karrie... Give 'em hell!" She says over her radio, Hoping like hell she struck a useful blow.

Then she saw the pink-winged russian fighter.

"Unknown Aircraft, this is Sea Eagle, Pilot of Dragon 5 and Agent of the Department of Superhuman Affairs. This is your only warning, leave airspace and return from where you came."

"Sea Eagle... this is Anastasia Kruchenko, I am requesting asylum."

"Wha..whuh?"

"I... I request asylum!"

Kei clutched her flight stick. She knew other than flying low, she's committed no real crime. In fact there was no evidence the girl aided and abetted an enemy... for now.

"Well... you're outside of your safe flight range, kid. Even with external tanks... and there is no airfield nearby."

"I... I don't know what to do... I just can't help that woman anymore. I sent Department 0 everything I know as a failsafe incase... incase..."

Kei could hear the girl was scared. She gulped back a sour thought. "How much fuel you have?"

"2 percent and falling fast..."

Kei nodded. "Eject. I'll grab you once you land... I have a feeling your brother will be out and about."

"I'm... I'm scared."

Kei sighed. "Never did any training?"

She pulled alongside Anastasia, looking over her almost space-suit looking flightsuit. "Trust me you'll be more than fine with that gear on. Head down to 300 feet and pull the handles. Trust me."

Anastasia followed orders and went to 300.

"It's a shame... she's a beautiful plane, kid."

She sees Anastasia reach for her handles for her ejection seat and pulls. A flash of light followed by a roar, and the seat is clear. Kei stays hovering in VTOL, watching her own fuel tick down as Anastasia hits the water. She pulls over, opening her cockpit. Kei stands up and hooks up a knotted rope to the side of her aircraft to the back seat. "Be careful... the thrust from the jet could nail ya."

Anastasia nodded, grabbing hold of the knotted strap and starts climbing up.

Once she was inside, Kei tosses away the strap, and secures Anastasia's controls so she couldn't take control of the Dragon.

Closing the cockpit she turns for the ship. "Okay... not bad fir a first time?"

Anastasia nodded, just as the radio chirps up. "Traitor..."

Kei looked up and sees a second russian jet with blue wings. "TRAITOR!"

He fires two heatseekers from above as Kei accelerates foreward, flying flares. "Not today, boyo!"

It began...

The sailors were right behind Karrie as she pounded down the hall. The bad guys snapped off a single shot before the improvised grenade went off, throwing out a wave of light and sound. There was a bit of a shock wave, too, and Karrie and most of the sailors staggered and stumbled. Most of them regained their footing and resumed the mad dash down the hall to the armory.

They weren’t the only ones there; other soldiers were getting equipped. She took a small Kevlar vest, wishing she had the Sexy Leatherness on her. She hadn’t thought she’d need it, not on the ship. As she tugged the velco straps tight, Karrie vowed to not leave the coat behind again. When she was as protected as such inferior technology could make her, she went back out to the hall to reengage.

She was just in time; the first of the invaders was advancing on the room. Karrie knelt and aimed. The man saw a small brown-skinned woman pointing an old-fashioned gun and hesitated, because that was definitely not what he was expecting to see. Then she pulled the trigger.

A roar boomed down the hallway, terrifyingly loud and amplified by the enclosed spaces. The black cloud of smoke that filled the area was also enhanced by the small area. Karrie’s arm was shoved up by the force of the Flintlock firing. But it wasn’t a bullet hurled by black powder; instead a red ball of energy about the size of a grapefruit tore out of the muzzle. It raced down the hall stretching out into a long, red comet that slammed into the leading invader. He went down, uttering one shot scream, a smoking hole in his chest.

“Who’s next?” Karrie growled, feeling just a little like Dirty Harry. In fact, she couldn’t resist adding, “Ya feelin’ lucky, punk?”

On the ship

Others appear around a corner, and look in horror as they saw their buddy drop down on the floor. Then one of their own shouts a command. "Fall back to a new position! Covering fire!"

The three pirates that had appeared in the hallway level their rifles and start firing suppressing fire down the hall at Karrie, while a fourth grabs the one Karrie cored. "Leave none of our comrades behind!"

There was a thick bulkhead and a room for Karrie to duck behind easily to consider her next course of action.

In the sky

Kei glared, keeping up with every twist and turn of the opposing aircraft. Then she had a solid lock.

"Whoever you are... My Brother..."

"You don't want me to kill him, right?"

"No... your missiles won't be enough. He has to be stopped."

Kei blinked. "So I wager if I pop him out of his aircraft I'm just unrapping a christmas present I can't return, right?"

Anastasia nodded. "Mmhm."

"Risk I gotta take." She opens a special switch on her flightstick she kept open for anything Karrie would add. "Osprey, Firing EMP"

The sound of a capacitor charging and unleashing in a matter of a few seconds shocked Kei as it looked like lightning spread from her aircraft, hitting the rear end of the Jet she was trailing.

Alexander looked hurriedly as he started trying to keep in the fight. "Dammit, dammit..."

The engines reactivate as Kei pulls in closer for a second pulse. "Unknown pilot, surrender and leave your aircraft. This is your only warning."

Kei decides to keep a missile lock as she readies a second shot with the EMP when Alexander slows his aircraft to a stall and pops the windscreen off of his aircraft. He unbuckles and hops out if his jet, hovering in mid-air.

"Kei Nakano..."

Kei puts Dragon 5 into VTOL. "Yes?"

"You want the life of my Sister? Earn it. Step out here and fight with what god has granted you." He said, crossing his arms.

The sound of his jet crashing into the water and exploding broke the tension.

Kei flicks a red switch and Anastasia's controls are unlocked.

"What is your name, kid?" She asked Anastasia.

"Anastasia."

"I trust you to get this bird back to the ship... If not I will kill you personally... No one dicks with my bird... but... something tells me you'll do otherwise. Get her back, help with devending the ship... whatever you gotta do. Even if it means waiting for me... this should be over shortly."

She hits a yellow siwtch and the divider between her portion of the cockpit and Anastasia's close as Kei opens her windscreen and hops out, hovering next to her plane. "I'm putting my trust in you now."

Anastasia nodded as the cockpit closed. She turns the aircraft and starts to make a Bee-Line back to the ship while in VTOL.

Alexander tries to pursue, but Kei stands in the way, making a sonic boom as she appears in front of him as she flew at mach 12. "No... Deal's a deal, asshole."

Her eyes glow blue as she tosses her helmet to the sea and armors up. Alexander goes to the surface of the sea and pulls out some wreckage of his jet and forms it into a sword under his control as Kei hovers down to his level.

"Okay... Time to settle this then..."

“Hmm. To Rambo or not to Rambo. That is the question. Whether tis nobler to John McCline my way out of this or to be prudent...” She debated coming up with more but couldn’t remember any more of the original to riff off of. And while she certainly could craft iambic pentameter verse while in a firefight, it also wasn’t something she wanted to do. “Ah, fuck it.”

She waited until the cover fire was done, then peeked into the hall. That earned her more fire of course, and the eccentric genius ducked back, thinking. It didn’t take long for her to decide what to do. Standing on a chair, she stood and pulled some wiring down. Humming to herself, it only took a few minutes for her to resource the wiring. The lights went out, leaving only the emergency lights in the hallways.

“What did you do?” one of the sailors asked.

“I just reconfigured the wiring so that it’ll sense sources of electricity and heat, like say a human body.” She held up her tablet, smiling as the locations of everyone on the deck appeared on a map on the screen. “Come on, we can sneak over this way and get the drop on them. Let’s go.”

Together, she led her most of the now-armed sailors around through side passages until they were behind the intruders. Then they jumped them—well, crept out and flanked their back, fanning out and pointing lots and lots of guns at them. Karrie managed to forego wisecracking, so as not to ruin the surprise, though once the invaders turned and found themselves surrounded, she had to say, “This is the part where you realize you’ve lost and surrender. You might also take some time to consider the choices that brought you to this point.”

On the ship

The stopped pirates... more like prisoners raise their hands in surrender. Their pay sure as hell didn't cover what Karrie did. Another squad was stopped easily as the first.

"Keep your eyes open crew, there is a third party still circling the ship!" One of the commanders of a team on deck radioed to the rest of the team. "We got Dragon 5 on approach as well, we're sending a team to the landing..."

And explosion is heard... multiple in fact. "DAMMIT! That was outside the ship!"

Anastasia looks from her cockpit and sees the situation plain as day. The turned over zodiacs weren't just a boarding crew. Mixed among those overboard in the water she manages to see divers swimming away. What was worse, the explosions were below the waterline.

Anastasia radios the ship. "Umm... th... those explosions were under the waterline!"

Karrie hears Anastasia over her radio. "You.... you got a compartment system on the ship don't you?!?"

The captain struggles back to his feet, when the ship was rocked by the explosion, he was knocked over. He looks at the compartment systems. "We... We do, whoever you are... but there is too much water coming in. We got 10 minutes at best."

The pirates smiled that were under Karrie's watch.

Meanwhile...

A blue and red streak collide and spiral around eachother bluish-green blasts of light sometimes shoot from the blue streak. Kei turns to meet her foe with every maneuver he made. Although he's already struck several times with his sword, and she couldn't figure out why it hurt worse than the material he made it out of.

She glared. "Enough of this..."

She decides to trigger a maneuver she had practiced for a while, and she was tough enough to execute it. Whe Alexander came in for another strike she sidestepped, grabbing him by the face, then suddenly entered mach 12. Slamming him into the water and dragging him along.

She dashes upward after she sees him fall unconcious, then she sees the explosions on the ship.

Rage welled up in Kei... an unholy wrath.

Alexander started to stir... but Kei wouldn't have it as she brought her hands in front of her. "Under DSA regulation 33, and under the rules of engagement of this mission... I hereby use my discretion in this manner... as you and your terrorist organization has seen fit to murder innocent people and threaten the lives of a DSA agent and a informant now under our care, I declare you an Illegal Combatant, and as such..."

Alexander's eyes open ans see the blue orb forming in her hand. "I am allowed to handle you at my discretion."

She fired off a maxed out blast from her hands, it's diameter was wider than he could fly out of. It slammed into him baking off the water around the beam of cohesive photons and quantum energy tied to it for over a mile deep.

When Kei withdrew her hands from the blast, she was surrounded in a instant fog that extended for a mile around the strike-point. Some of it already coalescing into rain.

"Dammit... Karrie!!!" Kei turned toward the mortally wounded ship.

"Kei..." Anastasia says on the radio. "I can't land I think the ship is toast, and I got only 5 minutes left of fuel..."

Kei grits her teeth. "Dammit... These guys are good."

Kei opens a channel to Karrie. "Karrie... Alexander is dead, but I got a informant and well... you got problems of your own... What do?"

This wasn't good... by any means... why would they destroy the very cargo they needed?

• 6 months later...

I'm closing this thread but here is what happened:

1: Karrie manages to save the crew somehow. Not exactly sure.

2: Kei floors it along side Anastasia (Not Nextgen, mind you) and just barely manage to land their jet on the makeshift carrier. There is quite a firefight but Kei manages to pirate the pirates.

3: Kei heads to where the cargo ship sank with her newly aquired ship and rescues the crew and Karrie.

Pretty much, that was the plan.

Archived