Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [Team Blue] - On the Run

Joani

Zan'nen's dislike of Chunin's overly sexual interest in Kemuri had taken a hard hit when the human brought them to a restaurant with real food and offered to pay. He'd ordered modestly, not one to impose overly on someone else's credits, especially a stranger's, but still - real food. He mused over Chunin's plan as he sampled the hot tea and tray of assorted appetizers the Chunin had ordered to be shared.

"That seems a good plan," he nodded, his eyes flicking up to Kemuri. They'd often done jobs as just such a team without any back-up, with Kemuri distracting the mark one way or another while Zan'nen teased out the information they needed with quiet conversation and a proximity to their quarry's Matrix presence. "It still strikes me as odd, though. If she's so inept, how did she acquire the disk in the first place? She seems more likely to be a smokescreen or bait, and neither sits well with me. While taking her at face value might be fine, I wouldn't assume the situation is so straightforward."

A paranoid runner is a live runner - plan for the worst and you'll usually have something to celebrate when you get paid. Kurai-tsuki, the runner that had taken Zan'nen under wing when he'd first started running, had drilled that into the elf's mind years before Kemuri had even been born.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John had no quirms over what he was to do. He remain rather silent for the most part while the converstaions were going on. It seems the others were going to be the heavy doers of all this. He order something small and inexpensive. He did not like to have other people pay much for his meals. He just listen in on the conversation. He just hopped that he could pull his own. If not then he was most likely going to be dead soon, either by others or the people around him.

When Zan'nen mention his curiousity of how their target got the information, it also piped John interests. He was also curious how the target got the info as well. "Mr. Zan'nen why not first try to look into our quarry as much as possible before the confrontation. If you feel like there is something aloof why not try to find it there first. If we cannot, then we should try to do the plan. I agree in the fact something is up, and we are not getting the whole picture. I don't like it as well. Things seem too simple." John said.

“Aw,” Saori faux-pouted at Chunin, “and here I wanted to see you cry at Wings of Love.” The movie Saori had named was the year’s most estrogen-powered chic-flic. It was so girly that it was rumored that men came out of the theatre with vaginas. “Maybe after the run.”

Before he could answer, she popped a carrot into her mouth and turned to Zan’nen and John. “You know, you could do some searchin’ now. And while we’re talking about this, how do you want to play her Zanny? We gonna do it like that one run in Tokyo?”

• 3 weeks later...

John understood and gives Saori an nod and goes to leave. He wonders if any of his sources would know anything. But he wanted to learn fromt he street and other channels first before going to them. He did not know if they could be counted on in this situation. He knew he had some hard work ahead of him.

He decides to go on the matrix and look up anything he can on this Zipper and see if he can't get any more off the person as well as any previous activies she was doing within the past few weeks. He turns on his comlink and goes into seeing what he could on the person. John tries to be as extensive as he could be. He just hopes that things go well for him. He starts by going to local areas her persumes hackers would mingle.

search roll
Data Search: AceWildcard *rolls* 6d6: 6+3+5+5+6+2: 27

Archived