Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [SR4A - Everybody Lies] OOC - Streetchatter

Joani

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zan'Nen - Stealing the Commlink is one option which in return gets noticed (once the concert is over Nabo will get back to his room and start searching for his Commlink since it has everything he needs and owns on it). It would be advised to hack the Commlink while the concert is still in progress and leave the place without any trace(s). In order to do that, you should be close to it (as in, holding it in your hands or at least have a visual).

I suppose this didn't come across for which I apologize. You can go with your plan and steal the Commlink but that would certainly generate some kind of trouble instead of extracting the needed data and leave it where you found it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Jian - yes to both.

---

@All - I'm having technical issues at home with my Desktop PC which has taken priority on my todo-list. In other words, it ruined my friday Update. Next update will be tuesday from at work. My Desktop is currently running a backup-recovery which will take several hours.

Sorry about that - technical issues stress me out extremely.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm facing the last quarter of the year which traditionally is the most demanding time of the year in my business. I will have to reduce my update schedule to once a week in order to maintain some kind of continuity.

Aside from that I was having the impression that interest for this game isn't as strong as I hoped it would be. I won't deviate from my original plan but also kindly request some feedback from the participating players what is "wrong" so I may have some data to look at and make adjustments (where possible).

We're still in the first mission and there hasn't happened a lot actually... so what's the matter? Am I providing too little information. Are my posts "ineffective" in a way that you don't know how to pick up from there? What should I do differently?

Thanks for your time and my next update here will be on friday 14th.

Well, as someone who's actually posted his action for the round, I feel justified in saying my interest is high. :) I will say that the frequent delays...while not diminishing my interest...do sort of detract from any sense of urgency in posting though. That's not a bad thing in my view, but it might be creating a sense on your part that folks aren't interested when they're really just waiting for you to return to active status before posting?

Hard to say!

Two things on my end:

1) RL has been kicking me in the head for a while.

2) In our thread we've had one player drop, one player only around sporadically, both Dawn and I have been dealing with 1), and the last player doesn't do much in their posts or provide much for the rest of us to respond to. Add that to learning a complex system with an enormous setting attached to it...it's difficult to get into the game and stay there posting regularly.

I'm still around, but I'm trying not to post too much because I don't want to bog the thread down with nothing but Chunin and Kemuri's flirtatious banter every other post. I'm trying to pace it and let others post. if others haven't posted, then I just wait for things to move forward.

Ok, thanks for your feedbacks. I'll keep posting my regular updates and push the story forward until we are finished with the two initial runs - those were meant to get a start into the setting and some plot hooks to follow up or ignore.

Once we're done with those I'll rearrange the teams and the forum, too - I'll add some more stuff like a shadowboard (In-Play Matrix Message board filled with rumors et al.) and some more background details about the NPCs you've met and news report.

At that point I'll have Justin's PC introduced and depending on the intel you guys gathered you'll either follow up on the missions I started (there'll be lose ends to pick up and some new contacts looking to get you re-employed) or investigate the matter revolving around Justin's PC.

My time is somewhat limited, though and that's why I have to reduce my posts to one regular update per week since the months September to December are traditionally the most busy months in my business. I hope we'll push through this without too much losses.

Question and sorry if this is double posting. One: Do I need to roll anything for my search before I post anymore on trying to do that?

Just add the result of your dice roll to your post and state what you're searching for. Depending on your success I'll provide you with details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is mainly a message for Chosen. I'm still around and will continue STing this game - I'm working on getting things wrapped up and make a soft reboot in January.

Everyone stay tuned and hopefully I'll get this worked out a bit better than how it went so far.

• 1 month later...

As announced I'm going to revive this game/continue it but with a somewhat different approach on team building and general pace of storytelling.

I will lay out a roadmap for you to check and get a general feeling of what I'm planning to do mainly to see if that is still within acceptable terms for you as PCs.

I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration my absence may have caused - I was facing a mixture of hitting a brick wall (motivationwise) and heavy workload over the last quarter of the year (story keeps repeating itself...)

Anyway - here's the deal:

- I will close the current mission threads assuming you finished the jobs succesfully. Any loose ends will be summarized in my final posts which will be purely ooc to keep things simple and clean.

- Part of that will be rewards in Karma, Money and of course Contacts which you would have gotten (some only optionally, but I put them all up) depending on how successful you accomplished your missions. To keep things fair I'll assume you covered all bases and got the max out of the optional objectives.

- The Karma rewards are 15 Karma, and your monetary compensation is 15k Nuyen each. There will be enough downtime for you to make purchases and raise stats/skills.

- The NPC section will be filled up with your new contacts and any player that has decided to quit or switch characters.

- You'll get a one time chance to switch to a different (new) PC and carry over both the Karma and Money rewards. This is an one time offer only. The rules for alternative Characters stay in effect as per my initial proposal post.

- The game is open for anyone who wants to join (or rejoin). I have no PC limit setup.

- There will be no direct story/mission post at first. I'll restart with personal threads/general threads and let you guys find a bit time to get acquainted with each other. You can RP with your contacts, procastinate or try to get a job. In the latter case I'll have things prepared but I'm not going to shove it down your throats. If you don't feel like earning money, then describe me what you do instead. Your expenses will be deducted, though (as per lifestyle costs).

- I'd like to have a roll call and see who is still game and who will stick with his PC or switch. You can't run two PCs at the same time, though. If you switch, you can't go back.

- In order to avoid any future issues with missing roles I will put up a cadre of Merc-NPCs which can fill in any time. They'll cost you some of your profit, though.

Any questions? Suggestions? Post them here or send me a PM.

Yours truly,

J.

Archived