World of Darkness: The Academy - [Fic] There Can Be Only Sean

Dawn OOC

Sean was woken by sheets getting yanked back from his body. The room had chilled overnight and it had been quite warm and cozy curled up with Swan in the bed. The sex had helped lull him into a deep sleep so it was all the more jarring when he’d actually been yanked out of sleep by the cold.

“Up, Sean.” Vena’s voice was hard but not unkind; if she was bothered by seeing her naked daughter/son curled around another girl, she didn’t show it. “The time for fucking is done. The time for fighting has started.”

“Mom!” Sean was a bright red flush – he wasn’t so much blushing as turning red everywhere. Swan on the other hand was only faintly tinged with indigo on her bare skin as she stretched luxuriously.

The older Chideran threw Sean’s underclothes at him, shaking her head as he scrambled into the garments. “Sean, I know what you were doing in here. The whole hold knows what you were doing.” Vena was bemused as she added, “You weren’t shy when your Caramine was kissing your whiskered lips. We all heard you sing her skill.”

“Please don’t say that!”

“Bah.” Vena looked at Swan, who was casually dressing. “He gets it from his father. Human men are prudes.”

“I’ve noticed a certain level of modesty from his father’s people.” Swan smiled at Sean. “Are human girls like that, too?”

“Some.” Certainly enough of the ones I dated. “Vena, what’s the plan?”

“Breakfast and then your Quickening begins. Savannah has packed your bag.” Vena’s smile softened. “Since she was your favorite sister, I didn’t think you’d mind.”

“No, I don’t. What did she pack for me?”

Vena shook her head. “I forget you don’t know. Some food, water, extra clothing. All that you’ll need for a Quickening. If you have questions, now’s the time.”

"Uh..." Sean stammered, beginning to pick up the pieces of his piecemeal leather armor, trying to ignore Swan eying him in his underwear - not considering last night that it should be bothering him, "what am I actually doing for the Quickening? I'm guessin' it ain't some dancin' and singin' naked in the woods, right?" He picked up the worn pair of spiky, metal, fingerless gloves. "Will I need these things?"

Vena took the pieces armor from his hands and tossed it aside like it was rubbish. "No daughter of mine will go to her Quickening in cast-offs, Sean." Vena picked up a folded pile of polished deep blue and black leathers. "Here. These are a gift from your second-sister. Zanza has near the same build as you. She and others provided you with the extra clothing for your pack."

"Erm, thanks?" Unfolding the leather, Sean found that it was a lighter set than the one he had pieced together at DoorHold, and was clearly a single set. With the practice he already had, he slipped it on and tightened the straps pretty easily. It fit like a glove... a tight glove, a near perfect fit - he still found it kinda tight in the chest - and was a good deal more easy to move in than what he had been wearing before, even easier than his football gear. Seeing his curves on blatant display in tight leather, he kinda knew what Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman felt like. He had to admit, he did look good.

"As for weapons," Vena continued, nodding approvingly at the fit of the leathers while holding up the pair of Dragon Claws, dark blue eye intense, "do you feel a particular attachment to these?"

Sean's fine brows crinkled in confusion. "Attachment? No, not really. I mean, I can use them, they feel kinda like boxin' gloves - maybe pinch a little - and I don't know how to use a sword or an axe or a spear or whatever like you other Amazons. But they ain't like my favourite pair of boxin' gloves back home."

Vena nodded again, setting them aside, though with more care than she had his old leathers. She picked up a bundle of soft fur and handed it to him. "Try these."

Unwrapping the bundle, Sean found a new pair of Dragon Claws inside - and they did look brand new, all gleaming black steel, edges of the curling blades glistening like silver, the steel all smooth and unmarred. He tried them on and found they fit perfectly. Closing his hands into fists, he watched the blades flex and flare with a soft shurring of steel rubbing on steel. "They're beautiful, Vena. But how did you get them made so quickly? When?"

"The witches know many things and are skilled in the ways of soul-bound weapons," Vena informed him with a negligent wave of her hand. She gave Swan a tight smile. "And you were sufficiently occupied last night. These too will be a part of the Quickening, Sean."

Sean stood up with a creak of leather and slung his pack over his shoulders, tightening the shoulder straps so it rode high and tight on his back. After a moment, feeling Swan's eyes on him, he struck a pose, hands on hips. "Well, what do you think?"

"You make a very promising Chideran warrior, Sean." She chuckled warmly. "And a very promising woman."

Sean blushed, not sure how to take that, so he bent over and stilled her laughter with a kiss and a tight hug. "I'll be back soon." He straightened and followed Vena out of the room. "Guess I'm ready, Vena." At the sight of him, the rest of the Midnight Ices hooted and hollered encouragingly. Sean felt his lips twist even while his eyes sparkled in appreciation of their confidence in him. "I still don't know what I'm actually suppose to do. If it is that naked dancing and singing stuff, I just gotta tell you, I'm gonna freeze my new tits off."

Archived