Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN] On the Set [Fin]

Mech

Well, We finish shooting at the end of the week. So Saturday night, somewhere off the beaten path near work so everyone doesn't talk the next day. Do you like Seafood? I know a great place in New Orleans, Or we could go to Tavern on the Green in New York City."

As for the time probably five or so, do we could catch a show on broadway, or one of the other theaters, if you like?"

"I'll let the native Louisiana son introduce the desert child to seafood." Karrie was grinning, almost dizzy. Connor was taking her on a date! Rob would be so happy for her! He really was the best friend a girl could have. "And a show sounds good! I hear that Sweeny Todd is still on Broadway." Karrie gave him a shy smile. "If you want to do that, I mean."

Suddenly, she blinked and said, "Oh, I'm not thinking!" That was common around Connor. "If we had seafood in Louisana, then we can't do theatre in New York. Unless you have a suggestion for a good Cajun place?"

"How well do you know how to dance?" he smiled, putting his hand over hers on her knee. "I know some great places in New Orleans, and if it comes down to it, a simple movie is good too, so long as it isn't one of mine."

He smiled. "That would be a little weird." clearly it was true, that Connor preferred the normal approach.

"I can get us anywhere quick, and you'll be the first to see it."

“I can dance.” God, hopefully Rob could teach her really quickly. He knew all that normal guy-girl stuff. If not… she had a week. How hard could it be to google it and learn?

His hand on hers made her skin tingle. Oh, god, he was going on a date with her. Karrie Dineh, poor girl from the Rez, was going on a date with Connor Fontenot. It was like Cinderella. I’m so in love with him. This will be so perfect. So magical. So romantic. Finally, she’d get to experience all of this dating and things like a normal girl. And she’d get to do it with her dream man.

So why was she so nervous? This was her dream coming true!

“I’d like that.” Karrie gave him her number from her phone, scanning it to his phone with a few quick touches. After that, they chatted casually about other things, mostly the movie, until Karrie left – with a spinning heart and a head full of dreams.

Archived