Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN-plot] The Undernight

"I'm still here in a holding pattern. If I can get a clean shot, I will deliver it. So keep note of my location. If I see Nate or Rob getting into the battle I'll leave it to them, but if I see a clean line of sight between myself and one of those squiddies, I am going to start up a light show. I think I still got two shots in me, easy."

Kei armors up again, ready to deliver the killing blow if called upon.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naomi nodded to Karrie. "I understand."

"I'll stay then in the forest and track these things. I can catch a good whiff of the corpse they have with them."

She kept her senses sharp, if she finds them, She will unleash hell on them in the form of Rob and Jedi. If Kei didn't get them first. When she looked up she saw the grey and white armored form of Kei as the Sea Eagle. Then she remembered her briefing on Miss Nakano. Kei was very much the consummate soldier and if it meant protecting her comrades she would do whatever it took. Naomi kept herself in the line of sight of Kei as best she could, to ensure that Kei could watch her back.

"Kei, can you play overwatch for I and the assault team then? I think we need someone that can watch all our backs."

Kei from above just nodded. That was all the answer Naomi needed. "Message understood."

Sentient Engagement Asset #1... The US Navy's most dangerous, and the most dedicated weapon... Naomi thought. I'm glad she's on our side.

Supreme just followed behind Naomihe

at lease i can help if they are wounded Supreme thought to himself

Luckly for him His wits allowed him to pay attention to walking and thinking about the bobling DNA stains so much information locked inside solving stumble blocks he had,

"yep lets save the world" Supreme said quitly as he picked up his pace to follow Naomi and the others.

Nate followed along behind the cat woman admiring her tracking abilities, she obviously had heightened senses well beyond his own. Thinking it would be unfortunate to get ambushed, he flexed his will sending a little more juice into his own senses in order to maintain his 360 degree senses. He left one of his lightsabers clipped to his belt, but kept the other in his right hand ready to bring it to life in an instant.

"So Naomi, let me know if you think we are starting to catch up ok?" He flipped his lightsaber into the air briefly and caught it deftly, "I want to be ready before we stumble onto them if possible."

"Just so's we're all up on status, I'm uninjured and have juice to spare." Rob calmly informed the others over the radio net. "Nobody needs to get themselves hurt or push too far - I did that in Japan, and it's not fun." He glanced at the others, then at Kei arcing and circling high overhead. "Kei, if you see a hostile and don't think you can spare the juice, sheepdog 'em this way. Jedi or I will take it from there. Nate, if we engage, flank them so they're looking in more than one direction. I don't anticipate major trouble from two little 'uns, but let's use this as a learning exercise. Sound good?"

Nate nodded, "Yeah, sounds good, and I'm good on juice too. Just point me at them and I'll work with you to flank them."

He wondered about Kei being up there, but he doubted the squidlings had ground to air missiles or anything. She'd be safe enough. He was more than a little afraid they were burrowing underground somewhere which would make it nearly impossible to be found.

"Hey Rob, what's your range on that matter manipulation ability you have, or whatever you call it? If they go underground I wonder if we could track them by following any tunnels leading out of the area?"

Kei nods. "Roger that, everyone. Actually, Telluris... put off a low magnetic field every few seconds, enough so I can use you like a MRI-machine... I can see any magnetic variances in the surroundings and see any tunnels and what-not better that way."

Her eyes glowed through the slit in the visor of her "helmet" section of her armor. She seemed more like a compact economy-size Connor that had a resemblance now to some sort of sci-fi stealth drone in a humanoid mode at this point.

"But we gotta get those bonuses to flanking, right guys?" Kei jokes, to lighten the mood.

Perception with Bloodhound check
[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: Making a perception check via scent
[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: in CN
[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: with bloodhound
[Kamiko] 1:21 pm: last 5 megas
Kamiko *rolls* 15d10: 7+5+9+9+2+9+2+6+9+10+2+6+3+9+10: 98
[Jeremy] 1:23 pm: 11 su, I count
[Jeremy] 1:23 pm: *sux
[Kamiko] 1:23 pm: 11?
[Kamiko] 1:23 pm: oh ya

Naomi sniffs the air, mewing lightly, crouching down, almost seeming like the cat she appeared to be. Her tail flicking back and forth.

To her the smells of the night were a book... every page a different smell... a different story.

Archived