Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 14: Aradia

Justin OOC

"She used to be," Lily answered distractedly. "Before Hizashi killed him. Kai, Akina didn't seem particularly 'chaotic' to me. She always follows the rules. And it seems...I don't know...impossible. How could some kind of primordial force of nature manifest like that? And if Akina IS Chaos...why isn't she doing something?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wait.. I assume your speaking of the primal Chaos and Order, the forces that shape the multiverse? They must exist in balance, out of balance is crystaline like stasis with order, or a chaotic every changing mess with Chaos. It seems unlikely there is any intelligence guiding either?" She paused. "If your right, I have no idea what we can possibly do about it right now, but perhaps by ending this conflict, and bringing in the Seraphim, we can guide things more to our favor? Which bring me back to the question of using my link to this world to help end the conflict."

He looked at Lily. "What if Akina is Order instead? She did organize the reconstruction of Satoshi, of Japan, all her plans have come off perfectly, and Even all of Earth is benefitting of it."

He shook his head. "I don't know. It's something we'll deal with when we return home." He looked at Sakura. "I agree, and with al the possible alternate worlds disappearing, consolidating, does imply imbalance between the two."

"Your ties to the world are what I count on to purify it once we have the option. For now though, we have a demon fortress to penetrate, elimanate all within, and then free the Council. With some luck they'll actually listen to you. Angels tend to order humans around, not listen to them. "Perhaps though as you have one wing in their world, it will be different."

Lily nodded, trying to put the other, larger, issues aside for the moment.

"Right. Well. We're not ALL human, but I'm sure angelic heritage would help get their attention. The immediate problem as I see it is that they're apparently underground, far down. A great deal of our power is concentrated in the orbiting fleets. The demons will have the advantage as we try to get to the Council. We may need some kind of diversion...and that could be very costly."

"It could, but it won't be." Kai sighed. "I'll turn Valerie loose on them. if they don't react to her, she'll be inside quickly, which clears a path for us. We can execute a combat drop while the Fleet keeps any reinforcements from arriving, and we'll mount a surgical strike. Valerie will hold the door open at any rate."

He spoke confidently of Valerie's ability, and with no small measure of sadness. "What's become of me, that I'd so willingly call on her to be a decoy..."

Klan nodded. "You have matured as a Commander, Kai. Sometimes we cannot afford sentimentality, we mus act with all our resources,and could well mean the loss of someone we care for."

"I'd volunteer as well."

"No you'll fly overwatch and coordinate pinpoint orbital strikes as needed."

He looked at her and nodded. "Valerie can take down nearly anything. All She's done since getting the witchblade is train in battleground. It's the only safe place to keep her."

He looked at her. "She's not the Valerie you knew Lily. She is wholly given over to the Witchblade. The reason I'd send her alone is that she'd kill anyone else. Beyond myself it's likely she would simply not care who is around her and lash out. I can only barely control her through my Command Mantra. She is a force of living Carnage now."

The pod flared to life as Shiyu's consciousness approached, her mind was active and in turmoil the entire time in stasis. Every time she slept she relived every moment of the fall, her eyes snapped open and the liquid drained. Air rushed in to replace and rushed out to equalize pressure as the hatch opened with a hiss. She was back in her human sized form with not even a scratch, she stepped out and put on a set of clothes set aside for her. "That was embarrassing, how long was I out?"

"Only six?" She paced, every time she felt odd in her own body when she changed sizes, "what about the real problem and not this diversion?" She shook her head and waved the tech off, "I'll figure it out soon enough, I'll be going now." Shiyukumei walked away, she would probably need more coffee.

As the day drew to a close final plans were made. Shiyukumei would end up providing cover should any demons or invaders attempt to flee, or reinforce from other strongholds.

Valerie was summoned, and after she nearly killed Klan for being to close to Kai, he looked at her, giving her her orders, which made her smile. "I shall slay them all in your name master. When I finish, you'll be proud."

He nodded. "Go, enjoy yourself."

She boarded the dropship that would take her near the base and began her assault.

Kai and the armored troops suited up, and Then, With Lily, Sakura, Francis, and the others, they were inbound, even as pillars of blue white light rained down from the ships, blowing holes in the fortress. Finding one of the large holes going into the bowels of the fortress, The ships flew in coming under immediate attack, but landing with moderate damage.

"allright, we keep heading down, let's do this. Don't set off any major blasts unless you have to, you could bring the whole place down on us."

"Right," Lily acknowledged. "We should stick to a formation. We can cut a hole through the enemy lines and engage any main opposition they put up to our troops and armor...in fact, maybe we should even split our heavy hitters into fireteams of two or three. Who wants to go with me?"

Archived