Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Episode 7: *NON-CANON* *CLOSED*

The Traveler

The Professor paced on the bridge, the dark bluish smoke of trans-dimensional warp moving past in a spiral before her on the view screen. It was going to take a bit to get to Brittania. The D-Drive was still recovering and The Professor didn't want to go over half-power.

"Three... status report."

"We are approximately 3 hours out from Brittania, Professor."

The Professor was dressed in her familiar outfit that Brittania was used to seeing. It looked like the girl's uniform for when she was teaching her children, except she had a normal white shirt and a red tie, also she wore black slacks and wore her labcoat over it all.

Yomiko walks in wearing something similar, but kept the uniform blouse with the white sailor collar and bow and the skirt. She had Martin's overcoat on. "Something wrong, Professor?"

Sakurako scratched her chin. "Just that signal... the nobles on Brittania agreed to name Sarah the new Empress... Something smells... it was over a year since Sarah started her overtures, but this is... too easy."

"So I and Chris are going in to investigate?"

Sakurako adjusts her brown vest. "No... the best show to put on with Sarah's arrival, is to have her back. Chris alone is a intimidating factor. This is gunboat diplomacy, unfortunately."

Yomiko grumbled. "I don't like it."

"I know... not my style."

"No... this smells like a trap."

The Professor turns, and hugs Yomiko with a smile. "That's why it's fun. you've learned well enough to have my sixth sense in regards to such things."

Yomiko grinned. "I've read your diaries enough."

Chris looked at Sakurako and his daughter and nodded. "Unless things have really changed, there's nothing in the world that can deal with Me, or even your Mother now. Mary is no slouch, and both you and and Sarah are capable."

He nodded. "Don't let on that you are our daughter, just another companion. For now, at any rate." He wasn't ashamed, just protective of his baby girl.

"I've changed alot since they last saw me, we all have. you can bet that they won't be counting on Mary's presence, especially as an Ally."

Mary nodded. "Already covered on that. Although some still don't trust me the story of how I am the actual Mary Masters and I killed the Headmistress. Trust me, Captain Jane is doing her best on damage control. Not that I intend to stay."

The Professor nodded. "Still... this front end is going to take a lot more explanation. I told them it was some odd mutation I went through after my last regeneration. I'm fully expecting Paparazzi tonight."

Sarah walked in, dressed in full business garb. It was an old outfit The Professor wore when she was a couple bodies ago. A sky-blue blazer business ensemble. It's lapels and collar were made into a sailor collar, and it was one of Sarah's favorite outfits.

"This... This is going to be awkward."

"Look on the bright side, Sarah..." The professor assured. "...no more dangerous hops through the continuum."

Sarah quirked an eyebrow. "We did do a couple of jumps before my kidnapping... I loved those."

The Professor was so used to the clone's cowardice that it polluted her remembrance of the real Sarah, and now, even she was leaving.

Yomiko though was the most heart broken. The Professor could see her youngest daughter was holding back some sobs. The Professor held her close. "It's alright, Yomiko-chan. Sarah is going home. It was bound to happen sometime."

"It's something I've had to get used to... saying goodbye."

Chris moved to wipe the tears away from Yomiko's eyes. He was resplendant in the garb of a Knight and Royal champion, Something Sarah had asked of him, for security and to be near him.

He hugged her gently. "Never goodbye. With us, it's see you later."

He looked at Sarah "Unless you forbid our return."

He looked to Sakurako. "You look beautiful as ever. I doubt anyone will complain about the changes."

Sarah smiled. "You all are always welcome."

She starts to walk out. "You know, I always meant to ask, Sakurako... did you want to stay? Do you want to stay now?"

Sakurako was taken by the question like a shot to the gut.

"Answer me, Professor. I want to know!" Sarah said, with more forcefulness to her inquisition.

Sakurako looked away. "I... I don't know. Not any more."

"I fear I may have caused her reluctance Sarah, when I gave her and mary back their home world." He looked at her. We will never be strangers, and the dimensional communicator will always reach us."

He smiled as he reached out to Sarah, pulling her into the embrace with Yomiko. She resisted only for a moment, then melted like a candle before a blowtorch into his embrace. "You're never alone Sarah, You're a member of the crew, Even as Empress of Britania."

He leaned in and whispered in her ear so only she could hear. "And if you wish, I will keep my word, upon your next birthday." This made her blush profusely.

Sakurako straightened out her posture and stands at attention. "I am always at the call of Brittania! I will always be the Section T science consultant!"

"If you wish me to stay... all you need to do, your majesty... is ask." Sakurako said, bowing in the traditional Japanese way. A tradition lost on Brittanian earth.

"Sakurako..." Yomiko says, sadly. "...but your home..."

"It's no longer my home, Yomi-chan. Brittania is. It always was. When I had no home... no hope... it gave me purpose and the one person in my life that gave me the strength to not only go on but to be where I am now. I... I'm staying."

Sarah smiled. "What about you... Yomiko?"

"Professor... I thought you traveled the universe to find new worlds... I never thought you were a homebody."

"I'm not, Yomiko... but every expedition needs a home base."

Yomiko finally smiled. "Good. Because I am staying with Sarah."

The Professor blinked. "What? I thought..."

"I cannot jump universes on my own yet except through the gate. Since I don't have a jump ship, all I can do now... is to be a able student and stand by my adopted sister."

Sarah smiled. "You always have a place on Brittania. You are a daughter of our greatest hero."

Sakurako looked to Chris. "What do you think... Sir Chris? After we visit your world after seeing Sarah to things... think we can stay?"

"I don't know. Our children, born there, left as it's stewards, await our return home, and even there, it is not where I truly hail from." He shook his head.

"I will stay with Sakurako, and all of you, but I do not know that I can call this world my home."

He looked at Sarah. "I'm sorry."

"I will fight to protect this world because it is your home, because of the love in your hearts for it, and I will stay for a time, but the World I reignited has need of us all as well. Perhaps, if things go well, here and there, we can be of both worlds."

He looked to Mary. "You have a say here as well."

Mary smiled. "My place is back home, honestly. They need me more than ever... They need Ensign Minneapolis more than ever..."

Sakurako looked away. "So you honestly wish to leave us, Yomiko?"

Yomiko sighed. "To be honest... I don't know what to think anymore. Nothing can ever go according to plan."

She stepped away from Chris and Sakurako. She was obviously torn.

Chris nodded. "You are free to make your own choice, your own way, Yomiko. I will not forbid it." He smiled. "I did expect you to remain with us for awhile though, considering your words to your siblings, travel abit before settling down."

"If you wish to stay, I know Sarah will ensure things go well for you, your mother's name carries great weight."

Yomiko shook her head. "No... I..." She said, starting to freeze up.

Sakurako walked over and with the subtlety of a nuclear weapon... Slapped Yomiko across the face, knocking her to the floor.

"You disappoint me." Sakurako says, starting to storm off the bridge. "You have until we leave Brittania to make a decision, or I will make it for you."

After she leaves Yomiko on the floor, for a moment there is a silence in the room. This was the meanest they have ever seen Sakurako. Yomiko could only turn to Sakurako in shock as she left. She then started to break down.

"Damn you!" Yomiko screamed. "Who do you think you are?"

Sakurako stopped the doors closing. "What?" She turned with a cold glare to Yomiko. "Think your next words carefully, child... you'll not find yourself able to take them back."

Ever the mediator, Chris interceded. "Ladies, calm down." He looked to Sakurako, "That was uncalled for."

To Yomiko, he nodded and pulled her to her feet. "Toughen up. If you wish to stand on your own feet in this world or any other, you must do this. I can help, and offer advice, but you most resolve to do this within yourself, or I think you will never be happy with the choices you make, if you make any." His tone was calming and soothing, the fatherly tone she remembered from growing up in his arms.

"We wish mostly for your happiness Yomiko, but you must sieze it for yourself. I believe in you, in your strength to do so, even if you doubt it."

"I know where your strength truly lies."

"Now, we should be going, there's a coronation to plan."

Sakurako snaps at Chris. "Shut up."

She turns to her daughter. "Answer me, Yomiko. I'm no longer waiting for before we leave. We decide this now. Out there... you gotta make decisions that effect billions in a heartbeat. Can you take that responsibility? Because right now I see you can't!"

Yomiko gets up and faces down Sakurako and stares her right in the eyes. "You don't do that again... You'll never do that again. I'm not coming with you. You are more of a disappointment than I thought. I overestimated you... and your children as well."

Sakurako grabs Yomiko by the chin. "Now you listen here... If I wanted to get a lecture I would have asked."

Mary levels her pistol at Sakurako's head. "I know what I can do to you from this distance... Something is eating you and I think you need help."

"You're threatening me, Mary? That's bold."

Sakurako collapses to her knees, holding her head in pain. "hrrghhh... what... what is going on... my... head..."

She blinks and her eyes glow. "Get... out... of my head..."

Suddenly there was A metal Chris between each of Sarah, Yomiko, and Mary, as Chris responded to the threat. "Something is not right with Sakurako." It was hidden even from his senses, but she was fighting someone, internally. "Three, Full scan of the Professor now."His seething daughter behind him, and the others there to protect Sarah and Mary. "Hold on.."

Archived