Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova - [CN] Atlantic Nights

Mech

"Think nothing of it, my dear." he said to Kei, DL had the way of an kind old uncle about him ... "A friend of Connor's is a friend of mine." ... he continued, saying "Sarah did have to miss the party ... but it is a happy sort of thing. It turns out that she has an alternate family. They go by a different name, a divergence of timelines seems to have occurred only one generation ago. Still, the issue of the family name is only a legal one."

"It seems she greatly resembles a girl who passed away due to cancer in our reality. The parents were quite overjoyed that we managed to locate them, and she has been with them for several days. They are getting along quite well, and I suspect that her early history closely mirrors that of the girl who passed. They almost seemed to know each other, so perhaps she has a sort of family once again. A brother, sister, and several uncles who also recognize her - though she had two brothers and no sister in her own family."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kei was actually touched by her story. "Wait, you... you can go between worlds? Like... between universes and stuff?"

She blinks for a moment, and forgets she is standing next to the door usually used for people using the diving board on the back... a board that was retracted and she had bumped the lock open unknowingly when she showed off a little while ago and falls overboard. A loud splash is heard, followed by Kei reaching the surface with her life vest with a bit of the end of the hiss of it inflating. She manages to get it over her head and ties a tie under her chin. She adapted to the cold water, but man... she is embarassed.

"Umm... sorry... that was... unexpected. But between universes how did that happen?" She shouts up.

She smiles trying to deflect the fact that a dog-fighter was a klutz on land, or on a boat. She hovers out of the water and flies back up to the aft deck.

Scratching her head, and noting her outfit was soaked, she sighed. "Sorry... just what Hans said was... mind-blowing."

“Hello the boat!” A voice called out and the men in particular turned. It was hard not to turn with that divine voice echoing over the water. The figure walking toward them was perfect in many ways, and even the most asexual of Conner’s guests found themselves questioning their asexuality. It was a force much in the same way that Conner projected, only moreso because she was a she and she was more blatant about her sexuality than Conner was. She was also hot.

Blonde hair fell past tanned shoulders and curled around perky, full breasts. Those breasts were covered by a blue strapless bikini bra – currently voted to be the luckiest bra in all the world. Tanned skin carried on despite the interruption of the bikini top, down over a slim waist and into a white sarong wrapped around widening hips. Blue bikini bottoms peeked out from under the sarong, which framed perfectly tanned legs. Even her arms were gorgeous; there was a rumor that one man had come just from touching her elbow. The fact that her elbow was so sexy that people could believe it illustrated something about Kitty Price.

She did have some detractors. The tail held up many men. But there were men who didn’t mind or found the tail to be a minor issue compared to the rest of her. Then there were her box office numbers, which supported the idea that the Tail-Haters were in a minority. And the last fact that Tail-Haters were kind of stupid was the fact that she’d bagged Mech.

Behind Kitty walked a slim girl who was staring wide-eyed at all the boat and all the novas on it. She was unfamiliar to them all, a slender Asian girl with straight black hair and huge doe-like eyes. She was far too attractive to just be baseline however. She was dressed in a shirt and shorts and flip-flops, which all looked very generic and very new. And behind her was the Dr. Mariposa Esposita, her wings tucked against her backless shirt and shorts. She was wearing heeled sandals, and from the crown of her shiny black hair to the end of her cute brown toes, she looked like a professional woman.

“Conner!” Kitty called, hopping up the gangplank to give him a warm hug and a kiss on his cheek. Her golden tail rose in her enthusiasm, slipping loose from the folds of her sarong. Dr. Esposita was more circumspect, waving politely and offering to shake hands when she was introduced.

“This is Ming,” Dr. Esposita announced after she’d introduced herself. “She was a Chinese national who’d erupted and teleported to Mexico, where she asked for asylum. I’ve been helping her adapt and I hope she can learn English while with us.” The doctor gave her a warm smile and added, “She’s was quite quick to pick up Spanish – languages seem to be a gift for her now.” She glanced at Conner. “I hoped you wouldn’t mind if she came along.”

"Nothing so elaborate in this case Miss Nakano, or if I might call you Kei?. Sarah is one of the original travellers through the Stonehenge gate. We used a combination of genetic, stocaistic, and investigative techniques to search if she had a double. It turns out she did, at one time ... but the double family survives." DL says as he offers her a hand - symbolic as she obviously got back on deck by herself - but a hand none the less.

DL waved to the approaching women, and nodded a friendly hello to both as they came closer - waiting for Connor as host to speak before he did.

Connor nodded happily for her. "That's great news Hans, pass along that I'm very happy for her when you see her next." When Kei went overboard and reemerged before he could act, he sighed. "Honestly Kei, we're not supposed to swim in the harbor."

Then the largest batch of guests arrived. He smiled, even as Kitty kissed him, returning the favor in the same manner and embracing her warmly. "Glad you could make it Kitty, it's good to see you again." It was hard to tell if he meant it literally figuratively or both, but it was genuine. He waved and shook Dr Esposito's hand. "Mariposa, so good to see you again. I am happy that you could take time from your important work."

He looked to Ming, and bowed slightly, speaking in Chinese. "Welcome to the Festivities Ming, I am Connor, your host. If you need anything do not hesitate at all to ask." He smiled politely, and he hoped disarmingly, as his truly amiable streak was showing.

"My friends, you may know them already and their work, but these are my good friends, Kitty Price, and Dr. Mariposa Esposito. The good doctor has brought along a young lady, Ming, with her, and I ask you welcome them into our little party as warmly as you've been welcomed."

he smiled and made introductions for everyone. "Telurris and Karrie are in their room, so you can meet them later. The master suite down below is available to you three, and if you're comfortable with each other, I know it will acocmodate you easily."

He smiled, reading the respect from the doctor, and a momentary flash of disappointment and amusement that he'd given up his room for them.

Kei was blushing again. "I'll... remember that, Connor."

Great this was a good start... fell overboard... pissed off a potential colleague... if Skippy was here she'd be berating her right now...

"And hello everyone... forgive the soaked outfit... I... took a wrong step. I'm going to head to my room to change... again..."

She doesn't bother to be fast, she walks a bit dejectedly to her quarters, holding her arms to her body out of reflex. She didn't mind the fact she was ice-cold, but damn... the embarassment...

She walks in and locks the door behind her and starts changing clothes and drying off. She decides to hell with it and gets her usual flight gear on, a slick, black flight suit, one-piece and looking almost super-spy with the DSA logo on both upper arms, then she puts on her usual flight gear vest. She undoes her handlebar ponytails and lets her hair flow naturally. She happily took off her wet shoes and socks and traded them for flight boots.

"There we go... pretty much dry again."

She looks at the discarded life vest she used on the bed and sighs, letting the air out and reloading a new air cartridge.

She tries her best to smile as she begins stepping out again to meet up with guests.

"That... That's actually really damn sweet, Karrie." Rob's eyes softened for a moment as he smiled at her, touched. "That'd take a real load off. You'd do that?"

"'Course I would!" Karrie blushed under her grin as she swatted his knee. "You'd do no less for me - you've done no less. Even if you are a sheep-lover, you're still my friend."

"Good point." Rob said evenly, the corner of his mouth curling up in a half-grin. "You'll have to make the teleporter respond to 'Baaa'."

"I'm a genius." Karrie deadpanned with a toss of her head. "I can do anything." She smiled at him. "So now you've got a safety net, what'll you look for in your ideal girl?"

Oh, she'll be about five and a half feet, hunnerd an thirty pounds, a genius with laughing brown eyes, the cutest smile in the world and birthing hips... is what Rob didn't say. Instead he shrugged and sat up, running his hand through his hair before replacing his hat and eyepatch before giving Karrie a dazzling, if somewhat goofy grin.

"I be thinkin' that we should go and see if the winged woman has come aboard. Maybe I can get her to sit on my shoulder and squawk fer crackers." he said in his pirate voice. "What say ye, Keel-Haul Karrie? Ye be salty enough to sail the treacherous seas wit' Black-hearted Bob?"

"The question should be are ye man enough to keep up with Keel-Haul Karrie, yer lubber!" the native woman answered with a huge grin as she punched his arm. The two of them bounced off the bed and headed for the door, which swung open for them as Rob bowed at her.

"After ye." he said, but as they stepped out into the corridor, Coyote had barely gone five steps before she heard Rob again. "Arrr, avast behind." he said from behind her. "She's wide across the beam, boys!"

"You just earned a slow and painful death, white man!" Karrie whirled to find Telluris running the other direction at some speed, heading for the other ladder to the deck. With a war-whoop, she gave chase.

Kei is curious as she hears Karrie and Rob chasing and hollering down the halls of the ship. She starts to move behind them as sneaky as possible. Luckily her flight boots were designed to be sneaky, put on with a zipper and velcro straps. Highly flexible and designed by the best in the business...

She saw where the shadows were so she kept to those as she watched the happy couple.

To be honest she felt VERY bad doing it... she just wanted to say hello and actually try to start a more amicable dialog with them.

She actually wished she felt the same as they did, lost in the moment.

Maybe May was right... she was too serious.

Ming bowed and said in soft Spanish, “Dr. Esposito said you could speak Spanish as well as Mandarin. Thank you for your politeness, but I ask you speak to me in English so that I may learn the language.” She gave him a shy smile. “I will address you in Spanish, until I learn English. Is this acceptable, Mr. Fontenot?”

“Conner, please,” he said, switching to English.

“Conner,” she said softly, a blush lighting up her cheeks as she dropped her eyes. And there goes another, most of the men here thought.

“So the people in their room… are they starting before we even leave port?” Kitty asked, her blue eyes widening in faux-scandalized shock.

“I think they’re just putting up their bags,” Mech replied, hoping they weren’t testing the beds already. He’d meant for people to meet one another, not get their freak on in his ship.

“Conner, thank you for letting us use your room.” Mariposa was polite and cool; Conner knew that she was very attracted to him, but she was also very firmly Catholic. She managed to walk that line between lust for him and her piety. Then Kei removed herself to change.

“Oh, uh… damn,” Kitty said as she was too slow to stop Kei. “Does she need clothing, Conner? I have something that would fit her. It’d be a bit long on her, but I have something.”

“She’d probably appreciate that,” Conner said, smiling at her. That was like Kitty, to show kindness like that. She gave him a smile that sizzled his nerves.

“Then I’ll be right back!” Kitty said, swinging her bag into her shoulder and sauntering toward a ladder. Before she made it all the way, Coyote’s warning to Rob rang through the ship, her war-cry making Ming jump and Dr. Mariposa blink. Kitty paused and looked uncertainly at Conner.

“This seems normal for them," he assured.

When she turned back, Rob was at the top of the stairs, staring and starting to grin. “Hel-”

“Gotcha!” Karrie bellowed enthusiastically as she caught Rob around the waist and pulled him down to the deck. She had to whip her body weight around to get him to fall, which put her on bottom when they landed. “Oof,” she grunted but even as she padded Rob’s fall there was a flash of silver and a familiar series of clicks around both their wrists. “Now you’ll suffer, pirate scum! It’s to Port Royal and the hangman’s noose for you!”

“Oh, my god, are you guys okay?” Kitty asked, her eyes wide and her hands pressed to her mouth in shock. Both sprawled novas peered up at her.

“Yep! Hi! Before you ask, yes we're like this all the time,” Karrie said, her grin becoming forced. Then it faded and she grabbed Rob’s hair with her free hand, holding his head still as she hissed in his ear, “Get off me or stop staring at her. One or the other, please.” Her expression was vaguely traumatized and her blush put peppers to shame.

As Kei observed Karrie and Rob she hears footsteps starting to come down the hall.

"Great, I've been made." She thinks as Kitty walks by. She leans up against a bulkhead outside trying to look as natural as she can.

"Well, Miss Price... I came out to get some air. It's been a bad night. Care to join me?"

She's curious as to why Kitty was searching around, particularly around where she was.

Rob's expression didn't change from an appreciative grin, though the very perceptive and quick might have spotted a flicker of chagrin as he realised that his automatic (nigh autonomic) reaction to looking up a heavenly pair of legs to the wide blue eyes above the (very nice) swell of her bosom was what was causing Coyote's sudden interesting shade of 'Gonna-kill-you-crimson'. Truth be told, he was feeling a little hot-faced himself.

"Whoops." he murmured before bounding to his feet and tugging Karrie up with him. The clink of metal drew the onlookers' gazes to the silvery cuffs around Rob's left and Karrie's right wrists. "Sorry about that, folks." he explained loudly. "I was poking her, you see." Wide eyes went even wider, except for Ming, who was still learning English and whose expression of shy amazement at seeing the moderately-famous Telluris dressed like a pirate and cuffed to a woman remained unchanged. As Karrie took the opportunity to step on his foot, hard, not trusting herself to speak, Rob grinned like a Cheshire Cat and shook the hilt of his sheathed sword where it hung from the ornate belt in explanation. "Couldn't be helped."

"Rob Lehnsherr." he thrust his hand out towards Kitty, who took it on astonished autopilot as he stepped forwards, trailing Karrie like a slightly-red-tinted comet's tail. "This is Karrie, number one brain for the DSA." He waved his left hand, forcing Karrie to wave too. "She came along to keep me out of trouble and stop me eating all the chimichangas. It's great to meet you all. Kitty, Conner's been downplaying you. You're more lovely in the flesh: I'd make a shrine to you but I'm sadly atheistic, which means I'll just have to try and prove you don't exist instead. Maybe I could get a talk-show spot and explain my position." he mused. Kitty giggled unaffectedly at the mock-serious statement.

"But aren't I real?" she asked with a grin , a teasing lilt in her throaty contralto.

"Can't trust my senses. I might have taken a blow to the head when Keel-Haul Karrie knocked me down." Rob said levelly, shaking his head. "There's only one way to be sure you're real, and we've not even left port yet so it's WAY too early. Plus, I'm kinda handcuffed to someone." He glowered at Karrie, who glared back.

"And Doctor Esposita!" Rob shook hands with the Latina beauty. "Great to meet you finally - Connor's told me a lot about you, too. I'm a big fan of your work."

"I have followed your work as well, Mr Lehnsherr." she smiled at him, seemingly not at all ruffled by his outlandish garb. "This is Xue Ming."

"A pleasure to meet you." the Asian girl murmured shyly in Spanish as she offered a hand.

"Likewise." Rob replied in the same tongue, giving her a charming smile and a gentle handshake.

Connor shook his head. "Honestly." He sat back watching two of the smartest people on the planet act almost like children, and he couldn't help but smile.

He looked to Hans and nodded. "The party begins before we leave port."

He watched Kitty and Mariposa intently, but not so much as to be caught staring. Of course his romance with Kitty was common knolwedge, though his with Mariposa, well not really a romance, just a build up of respect and sexual tension. He did like her, and he knew it was mutual, but her religious views held her in check. Connor was a known protestant, a Methodist at that. The tension had yet to interfere with their working together, indeed, many noted that they'd be a good couple for all the good works they do together.

Part of Connor was abit affraid, that the relationship would end as all his others had, and he wasn't really sure that he could deal with that again. Kitty was bad enough.

He looked at his watch, it was already about twenty minutes after he said to arrive, but he'd wait a little while longer.

Kei blinked... Kitty was easily distracted...

Kei took the opportunity and slinked away to the starboard side of the stern and stretched. That's when her comlink rang. She pulls it out from a pocket on her vest and answers once she puts it in her ear.

"Kei..."

"Hey, it's May! I was able to hitch a ride on a USCG heli heading to the ship parked a few stalls down from you. It'd take me about 45 minutes to get over there..."

"Or less with me picking you up... how much are you carrying?"

"About... 80 pounds."

"Within my max weight limit. Got the safety gear on?"

"Drysuit, harness, and life vest. Like we rehearsed!"

"Sweet, I play taxi while I practice my rescue skills. Be right there!"

"One moment everyone! I gotta pick up I think our last guest... should be a minute!" Kei shouts.

She adjusts herself and takes off to May's position, grabs her unannounced attuning as fast as she can and whisks her back to the ship. Kei sets the geared-up May Ewart on the open helipad.

"Everyone... meet Special Agent May Ewart, she's my case manager, and sometimes helps on my assignments."

May pulls back the hood of the surface drysuit revealing her ginger red hair and hints of low hanging ponytails that she pulls out and sets over her chest. "Charmed, everyone!"

"May, my room is on the upper deck, first room to your right. You can get changed there."

"Sweet, thanks." May pauses to look at the crystalline man and the two... Pirates? She then turns to Connor and extends her hand. "Special Agent May Ewart. It's a honor to meet you, sir."

Her tone was very professional, not like a fan, but a colleague. "Nice ship you have."

Kei smiles as she walks over to Rob and Karrie. Letting them get the first word.

Connor nodded politely, he'd told pepole they could bring others, and when none other than Hans had said they were he figured it would be ok. Things were getting crowded now, but he smiled it would make it fun.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Ewart. Please make yourself comfortable. Once Morgan arrives, we'll be setting out."

May nods and makes her way to the quarters Kei suggested. "The pleasure is mine, Connor. I hope later on we get to work together."

She nods to Kei before leaving.

Kei turns to Karrie, Kitty and Rob. "Sorry about getting off on the wrong foot, guys. I'm... a bit of a failure sometimes when I have to consider who I'm talking to."

"Besides you two are having fun... isn't that what we are here for?" She says with a mischievous grin. The diminutive Kei almost seemed like a hobbit when she did that. Well... a tall hobbit.

"So, where are you two based?" Kei enquirers to the two pirates with a tone that suggests she's being friendly and making small talk. "And what brings you around, Kitty?"

Kitty smiled down at the attractive – and taken – young man sprawled at her feet. It was where she liked her men, and she still enjoyed the thought that she’d had Conner down there a time or two. But this young man was taken, not to mention that if this was his normal antics, he wouldn’t draw the right kind of attention to her. Kei was forgotten temporarily as a new set of shiny keys were dangled in front of her. She was a little sad that Rob’s girlfriend seemed to be taking such exception at her effect on Rob – it wasn’t like Kitty could control what she looked like! Still, she couldn’t resist flirting a touch – he was witty. “Well,” she said, eying the handcuffs, “if you’re still in them later, maybe I’ll let you both find some old-time religion.” She gave a wink to Karrie, laughing as the woman’s face colored again.

The woman with him was an oddity. She was cute, but her nails were cracked and had black grime in the beds; her fingers were rough and there were scars on her hands and wrists. She was hardly the type of girl that seemed to be appealing, yet Rob seemed to see something in her. When the woman offered her hand and mumbled a grudging “Hi” Kitty was hard-pressed not to wince at her rough skin.

Then Rob was dragging her on to Mariposa and Kitty turned to Kei with a smile, reminded of her original mission – only she was gone again. “Huh,” Kitty said, blinking. With a shrug, she went to rejoin Conner.

Mariposa took Rob’s hand, smiling gently at the antics of the two. She was used to young people acting young, but usually she saw a far more violent outcome to their mischievousness. It was somewhat amusing to see them acting like children, but she’d rather see adults acting like children than children acting like adults. She took Karrie’s hand with the same polite calmness that defined the woman.

Ming greeted Karrie in Spanish, only to have Karrie say, “No comprehende.” Then Karrie said something in a oddly bouncy, choppy language. Ming went on point like a cat spotting a laser pointer. “Please ask her what language that was,” Ming asked Rob.

For the curious:

http://youtu.be/XFayFUiyv20

“She’s showin’ off her Navajo.” Rob knew. He’d heard enough of the language last summer when he’d been at the reservation.

“Will she speak it to me so I may learn?” Ming asked eagerly.

“That’s what you get for showing off,” Rob said to Karrie. “Now she wants you to speak Navajo to her so she learns.”

Karrie shrugged. “I will some,” she agreed, “but I’m not here to give lessons.”

Rob relayed that to Ming, when asked Karrie, “Won’t your people be upset that you’re giving their secret red-man language away?” Mariposa raised an eyebrow at his insensitive words, but Karrie laughed.

“The only white man I can’t teach Navajo to is you, so that my family doesn’t have to wait for you to leave the room to gossip about you,” Karrie told him with a wicked grin. “You have a Navajo name and everything.”

Then Kei approached and Karrie was saved from getting harassed by Rob about his name. At the same time, Kitty had come back from the room, not wanting to miss the party, and headed for Kei. “We didn’t get off on the wrong foot,” Karrie said, “unless you didn’t mean to wear a cosplay suit to a normal party.” She glanced at what she and Rob were wearing. “I mean, we meant to look like this. And I’m from DSA in Langley. Rob, too.”

“Ooo, DSA! We have real government agents around us!” Kitty giggled cutely as Rob joined her in a laugh, only to get an elbow in the ribs from Karrie, who was giving Rob the dirty look because what she’d said hadn’t really been funny. You’re laughing because she’s hot and that… not okay! “I’m here because I like being around Conner. He always has the most interesting friends and guests. I’m guessing you’re all first-timers to his party, since I haven’t seen you around before. Oh, and before I forget again-”

“Because I blinked,” Karrie mumbled under her breath.

“-I meant to ask, Kei, do you need more clothing? I have extra! That way you don’t have to wear work clothes to a party.” Kitty’s smile was kind and helpful.

“That’s really nice of you,” Rob said with a big smile at the gorgeous woman. Karrie rolled her eyes and stuffed her fingers in her left pocket, trying to find the key. She couldn’t handle much more of watching Rob flirt like this; plus her wrist was starting to chafe. Only the key wasn’t in her coat pocket, or her pants pocket. She looked quickly around, only to find it wasn’t on the deck either. Which meant it might be in her bag, which was in the room. Or it might be on her desk, which was in her room in the hotel. Shit! Karrie weighed her options before scowling and grabbing Rob’s hand. Better that than to have her wrist rubbed raw by his hyperactive bouncing.

“Yeah, I know,” Kitty was saying, eyeing Kei. “I have a bikini top that would fit you, and another sarong you could wear around your waist. Both of them tie shut, so we could adjust them.”

“Better wait until we leave port,” Karrie said, unwitting of the fact that DSA spotters were watching her and Rob right now. His hand felt weird in hers. “Don’t want people to think we’re shooting kiddie porn out here.”

Kei smiled at Kitty's generosity.

"Actually naw, but thanks though. I got a nice swimsuit and some formal clothes as well in quarters. I'm happy with that. As for that previous outfit I was feeling in a nautical mood... should have stuck with the surplus sailor shirt and jeans honestly. Less schoolgirl is good I wager. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Knowing my minder, Skippy, she's probably went down to the driers in the ship's laundry to dry out that outfit I was wearing..."

"She's a woraholic. No doubt."

Kei looks to Karrie and smiles. "Yeah... the cosplay outfit was a tactical error. But that particular one I have an attachment to. Won't go into detail."

Scratching her head she continues. "Aww might as well you're curious, it was a gift form someone I met In Japan during my help with relief efforts. He wasn't known for being pervy, in fact we hit it off kinda well. He's roughly my age and... I think we fell in love. He's a nerd though and I found that sorta cute. He gave me that outfit before I left on another mission."

"I still keep in contact. We're not steady yet by any means and I think he was looking for someone to talk to. Both his parents died in the Tsunamis after the big quake there last year so... I guess it's more of being a shoulder to lean on."

She looks over Karrie and Rob. "So, fans of Pirates of the Caribbean?"

As she says this, May returns, wearing a well tailored 3-piece business suit. A dark navy blue with brass buttons. She was wearing a dark brown overcoat that looked like a duster since it was cool out for a human.

"Well... I'll not bother May, let her hob-nob with the rest of the people here. I'm sure she wants to talk to everyone about the wonders of file serial numbers."

May snickers. "No... but I wanted to hang out... now shoo... talk to your pirate friends!"

"Friends? I just got to know them!" Kei says making a motion to brush May off before turning back to Rob and Karrie.

George smiled watching the goings on, he was impressed with the diversity. Normally, he was the one filling the limelight, with a bit of competition from a few other Australian Novas, but here he didn't stand out so much, it was almost refreshing. He wasn't spotlighted, he wasn't rushed, best holiday he could hope for. Especially with the range of languages, he turned on his translation ability for himself just after the start of the bout of Navajo - was that a barbed comment? He wasn't sure only catching the end of it. Hmm, the arrival of Ming brought up some new possibilities...

George stepped into the circle and warmly welcomed Ming and the other ladies, simultaneously in English, Spanish and Mandarin (each person hearing their preferred language clearly over the English speech). "I would be interested in hearing more about your abilities Ming" He continued tri-lingually, "I have some affinity with translation myself - though perhaps in a different manner". "Of course, we have plenty of time" he directs his attention to the rest of the group "So if anyone is in need of clarity in communication, I am more than happy to assist" he finishes with a mild bow. He makes Eye contact with each of the people in the circle and greets them more personally remembering their faces and names (first impression) then, once he had their attention, he starts to say something, then almost as an afterthought he turns away from them to Kei "Oh, and Kei - good to see you back in uniform, It brings out the best in you. Swing by later so we can trade stories" Only Kei heard the hidden message (steganography) "You're hardly a failure, I'm sure you've helped more people than these three combined. Don't let them get to you."

Kei nodded to George, but with a look like "It's no longer an issue. Crossed wires and what not." that he's seen prior, and she leans back on the rails.

She starts looking behind her down at the lower levels.

"You know... I really gotta get myself some sort of Yacht... a big one... or maybe a converted cargo ship, yeah! Make it like a small aircraft carrier and shit. That would be so cash!" She thinks, a grin getting wider and wider...

"Hey, I want one of your bikini tops." Rob said brightly, bouncing up and down on his toes, grinning ear to ear. Kitty gave him an amused look, and the tellurokinetic shrugged. "Okay, okay. Can't fault a guy for trying." Even as he carried on acting the clown, Rob was puzzled. Karrie's hand in his was... odd. Was she being possessive of him all of a sudden just because prettier women were around? That would be weird as hell, wouldn't it? Her catty comments weren't lost on him, either, though he expected a certain level of Karrie-ness towards one of Connor's on-and-off booty calls.

"I am a huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean." Rob nodded soberly in response to Kei. "I have my side of the lab set up like a pirate ship, and every twenty minutes I have a lab tech soak me with a bucket of salt water, regardless of who I'm standing next to."

"He really does." Karrie nodded, looking grumpy. "It plays hell with experiments."

"But not as much as me swinging around the lab on ratlines does." Rob beamed proudly. Then George made his introductions to the ladies and he subsided... for a moment.

"Clarity in communication? Sounds like an office initiative." he bantered. "All employees are required to comply with the Clarity in Communication directive."

"Anyone found using long words or such linguistic devices as metaphor, simile or innuendo will be shot." Karrie riffed with a smirk.

"No innuendo!?" Rob gasped. "But... that's monstrous! I'd have to come right out and say 'I fell on Karrie and the hilt of my sword jabbed her' rather than 'I was poking her'. Gods, I'd sound like a robot. I can't work under these conditions!" He folded his arms like a sulking artiste, still holding Karrie's hand so she was tugged into him.

"Stop that." she hissed, glaring up at him.

"So unlock us." he muttered back, smiling.

"I can't." she muttered back. "I don't know where the key is."

"Guess you're stuck with me, then." Rob grinned down into her cute brown eyes. "Hope you don't snore. Oh, and I spoon on my left. So what's this about a Navajo name?" he enquired with a tilt of his head. "Lemme guess... it has something to do with sheep."

"You know, if the handcuffs are trouble..." Kei's finger starts to glow with a bluish light for a moment. "I could just break them with my finger laser."

She smiled. She didn't notice that until now, and she's usually observant.

"I'm more than just a sure-shot."

May turned around. "No... don't try to sink the boat... there's too many possible blips here like me, and no drysuits that I've seen on board."

Kei blinked, realizing a bad shot could make things a lot more wet, and she powers down her finger.

"Yeah... hypothermia sucks."

Ming bowed her head to George. "I would be happy to talk to you more," she said, her voice warming as they discussed her favorite topic: linguistics.

“George, that’s so interesting!” Kitty said, letting a little bit of bubbly blonde slip into her voice. “Clarity in communication is vital, no matter what Rob says. So what do you do, George? Professionally, I mean?”

“I snore like Navajo grandmother,” Karrie snapped softly to Rob, knowing full well he could remove the cuffs. So could Karrie, but she’d need a couple of minutes and her tools to do it. Or to reveal her secrets, and Karrie was like any good trickster: you held secrets in reserve for something really good. “And no, sheep do not feature in your Navajo Name.” A wicked grin lit up her face. “Your superpants do, though.” The delightful if short-lived look of consternation was worth being handcuffed to him – for a moment, anyway. She debated hinting to him that the superpants were more form-fitting than they strictly needed to be, but again – save the good stuff for later.

Especially when someone else handed you something as awesome as an ET finger.

“You… you have an ET finger! Ohmigawd! You’re even the right height, and your skin-tone… Oh, god, you are ET! He had plastic surgery and lives among us, like Elvis!” Coyote all-but-howled with laughter. “I’m sorry, did the phone home not work? Did Elliot keep in touch? These are answers I’m dying to know!”

Kei armors up. "Actually, I'm Iron Man's illegitimate daughter, Jet Girl."

She giggles at her remark as she hovers. "Hey, being short does have it's perks. For instance, I can sleep in places most couldn't even dare. Also... lower center of gravity, so I got better balance on a moving platform. Finally... hey... smaller radar profile. Can't beat that with a stick, huh?"

She lands, keeping her armor on, but changing it's color to match the hull of Connor's ship. "There... now I'm officially this ship's escort!" She says, smiling. The front of the armor "helmet" she wore was mostly transparent in the front, and everyone present could see her face.

Connor saw the delimma, and moved in. "Perhaps I can help." He reached down to the handcuffs, his finger tapering down adapting, morphing into the key, and with a turn and a click it came loose, and his hand brushed against Karrie's as he removed her handcuff.

"Yes, no lasers on the boat, especially pointed down."

He looked to May. "There are no baselines aboard. This is something of a novas-only party. I figured that would make it easier for everyone to let their hair down as it were."

He smiled to them. Like Kitty he was interested in George's abilities. He knew a number of languages, but none the less there were many he didn't know.

Karrie’s world was tilting onto its side. The inconceivable had happened. In her stories, Mech was always perfect; he always did the right thing, exactly as she needed it. When she wanted to laugh, he cracked the best joke, the singular one-liner. When she wanted crystalline tears, Conner said something poignant and beautiful. He was always perfect; he was always right. He was infallible.

But Conner had done something lame.

Karrie’s hand tightened around Rob’s as Conner’s fingers brushed her hand. Rob surely thought that was the reason for the sudden grab on his hand. Of course, he knew Karrie pretty well, too; she hated to see someone derail one of her jokes, even when the joke had been turned on her or gotten inconvenient. In fact, that was the worst reason to stop the joke. When it turned on you was usually when it was the funniest.

And Conner had derailed her joke.

Why couldn’t he be more like Rob? That traitorous, evil and deeply disturbing thought wedged into her brain with all the grace of a tapeworm taking up residence in the intestine wall. Karrie flushed and snatched her hand away from his like it burned. No actual burning, though she sensed some odd tingling.

“Wow, thanks, it wasn’t like I couldn’t have gotten out of those on my own.” The sarcasm was gentle for Karrie, but Rob stared at her anyway. The woman had freaked out over talking to him; fretted about what opening line to use; had been practicing just the perfect first thing to say (he’d just happened to walk by her office and watched her talk up on of her posters), and those were the first words she managed to say to him?

After they were out of her mouth, Karrie looked like she wanted to take them back. Her libido was trying to strangle her personality – again – but it wasn’t having too much luck. Still, crimson stained her cheeks as she rubbed her right wrist which was already lightly scored with red marks. “Uh… I need a drink… actually, I was going to save this for later, but I have a new batch of Hair of the Coyote I’d like to try.”

Rob recoiled like a vampire from the cross. “You promised, Karrie!” he practically hissed. “You promised you’d never bring that stuff around again!”

“What’s Hair of the Coyote?” Kitty asked, looking curious.

“I have been trying to brew an alcohol that gets novas drunk,” Karrie explained, “mostly because by the time I was old enough to drink, it didn’t matter anymore. I keep trying to get it right. In the past it’s been too weak to do anything or undrinkable.”

“Someone who regenerates takes the first shot,” Rob said uneasily, “and we wait for thirty minutes to see if he lives.”

“It hasn’t killed anyone yet,” Karrie sighed, looking at Rob like a puppy who had just messed on the carpet and disappointed her. “Anyone up for it?” She looked at Conner uneasily and said, “For being the host and a good sport, would you like the honor of the first glass of Hair of the Coyote mark 7.11?”

Well, at least I can talk to him now.

She missed the ideal of perfection she had for him. Why did he have to ruin it?

Kei cracks her knuckles.

"I've been known to recover pretty quick. I'll take a try."

She cracks a evil grin, as if to say "Let's do this."

"Kei..." May says suddenly walking up behind her. "No."

"Stifle it, May, I only get one shot at this, and it's for science!"

Kei opens her "helmet" up while May... she facepalms.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you could have Karrie, I just thought I'd save you the trouble. It is my job as host to ensure my guests aren't discomfitted."His tone wasn't rebuking or apologetic, he genuinely had missed the joke, and had thought there was some discomfort there. "I couldn't let Kei here decide to cut you free with the laser either. We can at least avoid putting holes in the boat before leaving port."

Connor nodded regarding the drink. "It would be my pleasure. I haven't been able to get drunk the entire time I've been legal as well."

He looked at Kei. "And you aren't old enough here. I saw earlier, don't do that again. I do NOT need Director Horst breathing down my neck..." Kitty Snickered. That was a fanfic she'd happened upon and shown to an extremely mortified Connor. It was one of her many points in their little game with each other, to see who was more unflappable. "Later you can do as you like once it's legal."

Kei grunted in dismay. "Whatevs..."

She de-armors and sulks away from the crowd. Sitting in a corner looking out at the harbor. She once again felt like everyone was treating her as a kid. She was Twenty, dammit, and to be forced to be at the kid's table was nearly insulting.

May, seeing what just triggered in her charge's mind realizes that she'd better just give her some room at least until the ship got moving.

"Uh-uh." Rob shook his head and stepped back as Karrie fetched out a flask of the foul stuff. "Mech's the studly hero - I'm just the comic relief. He'll knock it back and at worst he'll cough manfully and comment that it's 'full-bodied'. Me? I'll be gagging and screaming and throwing myself into the harbour." His left wrist still in the handcuffs, the other cuff swinging freely, he grabbed a beer from the cold chest and stood well clear.

"You are afraid of this drink?" Xue Ming asked him in spanish. Rob mock-shuddered and made a horrible face at the Chinese girl.

"I tried version 6.9, pretty lady. And version 5.62. And version 3.2. And they all tasted of battery acid, vinegar, formaldehyde and diesel. At best!" He glowered at Karrie, who gave him a hurt look as she unscrewed the cap and poured something into a cup she'd also produced. There was a faint haze over the lip of the cup. "Trust me, ladies, stick to Bacardi Breezers."

"Does it get novas drunk?" Mariposa Esposita enquired, looking somewhere between amused and worried.

"Notice the cup she's using is made of wood." Rob said glumly, staring at it as Karrie offered it to Mech. "That's because it reacts with metal..."

"But does it get us drunk?" Kitty asked, wide-eyed.

"Oh, sure. For ten minutes or so. But you'd need to keep drinking it." Rob took a swig from his beer, cuffs clinking. "I'd rather stay sober."

"Um, are you going to remove those?" Mariposa asked quietly. Rob shot her a sly grin.

"In due time, milady. In due time..."

Kei smirked at Rob. "That guy knows how to live! And to be honest the brainiac is alright... Mr. Crystal is too cool for words. It's shocking how Mel is silent as well as George... And what is on Connor's mind?" She thought.

Some days she wished she was a "Psi"... just so that she could read people better.

She adjusts the black form-fitting flightsuit under her flight gear... it definitely was designed more for looks and she liked it... and to be honest she felt like going ballistic and showing off after they got out into international waters.

May just walked about getting to know some of the others. And she was getting interested in Rob's drink.

Connor took the Drink, gave Coyote an award winning smile, and downed it, truly downed it. It seemed to go well, for about half a second,.

Three things happened in quick succession.

The first was that he regretted chugging this vile banal drink. It was as if moonshine, battery acid, motor oil, antifreeze, and a host of other foul tasting liquids had an orgy and somehow produced a single mindnumbingly bad bastard child.

The second thing that happened, was Connor was aware for the first time of a real buzz, something no other drink ever managed to give him.

The third thing was the failure of his brain to mouth vocal filter.

"That... That is the single most vile drink I have ever tasted, and it works."

He looked at her, stil trying to breathe. "I'd like another please, for further research puropses."

Kitty laughed, surprised at Connor. It had to be something for him to ask for another. "I'd like one too."

“Wait, wait, I have to ask Conner some questions first.” Karrie looked up at the handsome man, then latched her eyes onto a point just over his right shoulder so that she could actually talk to him. “Is there any burning sensations in your nasal passages?”

“Some, but not much,” Conner admitted.

“Do you smell anything like hamburger burning? Are there lights across your vision?”

“No.”

“Oh, good!” Karrie looked pleased. “That problem was fixed. There was a chemical reaction in the last batch that was basically burning away the stomach lining… You know, that’s not important. He regenerated just fine. So I always recommend waiting, but if you regenerate as well, Kitty, having two test subjects isn’t a bad idea.”

“Uh… you know what? I like you,” Kitty said with a smile. “I’m gonna accept your drink, even if I don’t regenerate.”

“You don’t?” Karrie looked worried. “I have to, by law, recommend that you don’t take this drink.”

“She means it. Presidential order.” Rob’s voice was utterly serious and it was hard to tell if he was joking.

Kitty shook her head, refusing to be dissuaded. “Come on, lay it on me. You only live once.”

“And die painfully,” Rob muttered morosely.

“All right!” Karrie refilled Conner’s cup; when he’d snapped that back, she refilled it for Kittie. The gorgeous woman snapped hers back as well – and froze, her blue eyes going wide. “Swallow or spit, but don’t leave it in your mouth,” Karrie warned. Kittie swallowed hard, making a hissing-coughing noise after.

“Ohmigawd,” she rasped, wiping at her mouth. “Smooth.” Then she collapsed and lay on her back, giggling. “Wheeeeeeee… Schtop the boat! Icht’s rockin'!”

Connor chuckled. He was tough, and the stuff had him abit off. He was letting his system do its thing, hypermetabolizing whatever it was in that drink, and he looked at Kitty. "No more for you." He said playfully. "Not until we're out in international waters." He reached down, moving slowly, and pulled Kitty's arm over his shoulder, seeminglyy bent on keeping her upright as he helped her stand. "I look forward to trying further iterations, Karrie. I think we both do."

He smiled and it was infuriatingly handsome and friendly even with the giggling blonde superhot woman draping her arm around him, and her tail was already moving out seemingly of it's own accord to coil around his waist. Both of them were chuckling, enjoying the effect, Though For Connor, Sobriety reasserted itself fairly fast.

Kei gets up and looks around to see where the debibrulator kits are and memorizes their location, as well as the first aid kits. Luckily they were brightly colored and were easy to reference.

"You're still in coastie mode, Kei?" May asked. "Yeah... they're trying some ungodly brew that actually gets them wasted."

"Hmm... I heard tell of a brew the refugees knew of... I'll have to look into that some other day. Perhaps you should let your curiosity go elsewhere."

"Wise choice."

She looks to Darklighter. "I mean you ever see Novas get slammed like that, Hans?"

Hans shrugs, incredulous on the matter.

"Okay, everyone, I am a trained medic..." Kei announces. "If you have a medical emergency, please report to me or May... she has similar training."

May smirks and whispers in Kei's ear. "Now I know why I'm here."

"Sush."

"Sadly even if we understand each other perfectly, accepting another person's ideas or ideology is hardly so simple". George smiles sadly "but as for work, I'm officially a diplomat - liasing between the Australian Government and Novas - though interestingly enough most of my work has been internal to Australia. I've done everything to helping new Novas find their place, to slaving over hours of paperwork for new "Laws" about Novas." "And let me tell you, as much as that bit's been hard work, I've been glad to be involved - people fear what they don't understand, and while I haven't helped them understand EVERYTHING (we'd need forever to do that) at least the new laws out are inclusive and accepting of Novas - though I've probably had it pretty easy comparatively in Australia - we've always been an accepting mob of people"

"I've also been working on training programs for Novas to get used to their powers" George continues "We've had a few who had troubles with control, and while everyone is a different case, we've had some great successes - Big Ben is able to hug his wife without snapping her back these days, though he still treats her like a fragile piece of china whenever they touch" "A lot of it was due to Skywalker's Force-fields, he's got a sensitive touch with those - but it covers social integration, and some psychological issues we've been facing - we put down the research in a paper - the second draft is going by the bigwigs about now" George grimaces for a moment "I hope they don't censor too much as being "classified material" - though I DO admit that training in finesse can greatly increase the effectiveness of most abilities, I really think other Novas having trouble with their powers could benefit a lot from our work, though I'd also love to collaborate with other groups going through such issues".

"Speaking of social integration" George watches as the cup is passed around "I'm really not sure if being able to get drunk is good or bad - especially considering how much damage we could do out of control" George takes the cup "Still, I'm confident in my ability to hold my drink, even before I got my powers - so, bottoms up" George takes a good long swig. "Ahh, almost as bad as Emu Bitter" he grimaces "But not too shabby - I'll have another when I'm convinced that my insides aren't completely burnt out" George slurrs as he takes a seat.

Mariposa shook her head when Coyote offered, then answered for Ming. “She’ll pass, too.” As Karrie shrugged, the winged nova leaned over and murmured to Ming in Spanish. Whatever she said made Rob laugh and reply in the same, earning him a real hurt look from Karrie. Mocking her drink was one thing; saying something about her she couldn’t understand was another. It wasn’t that he was making a comment about her; it was that she couldn’t understand the joke too.

At least someone’s enjoying my drink, Karrie thought glumly as Connor pulled Kitty up to her feet. The pretty blonde sagged against him, giggling. “Conner…” Kitty purred, reaching up to trail her fingers over his cheek. “Cooooooonner…” Karrie felt a pang of ugly jealousy as she looked away from the two beautiful novas.

“And… you’ve had enough.” Karrie took the cup from her and passed it to George, again giving her disclaimer. “If you don’t regenerate, I don’t recommend you drink this.” She’d only heard half of his conversation; she caught up mentally while he was taking his seat. “Wait, you’re that George Ray? The one that got Big Ben off on all his charges?”

He peered up at her and Karrie said, “Yeah, now I remember your face! Hey, did Big Ben get the gift I sent him? Oh, and there was a card enclosed. I had to hand craft it; Hallmark does not carry a line of cards that says ‘congrats on beating the shit out of your wife without consequence’. Maybe they’ll start now that there’s a need for it.” She really hoped the asshole had gotten her package; the feral nova had worked really hard on the card – and on getting the pig blood splashed just-so on the wife beater.

Just as a note, I’m not sure if the term wife beater is common in Australia; it is a white tank-top wore by men and intended to be worn under dress shirts. Typically in US media, a man who wears one without putting a shirt on over it is being painted as abusive and generally a slime. Just FYI in case it wasn’t common knowledge.

With no fanfare or warning two figures appeared just beyond the end of the gangplank. One man was dressed all in black and wearing a silver PSI symbol on his left lapel. With his short black hair and average looks he could easily be mistaken for a regular human except for the silver badge warning those who saw it that Here is a mind reader, your personal thoughts are not personal if you let this man touch you.

The second looked like an actor straight out of a Star Wars movie. With his lean, but well muscled physique and Hollywood good looks he would he could still be a normal human, except that he somehow had that nova draw to him that made people want to like him. His auburn hair was casually disheveled as if he hadn't done more than run his fingers through it, but there was a look in his blue eyes that said he didn't care about looks which was reinforced by his choice of costume. He was wearing traditional Jedi clothing right down to a pair of rather elegant lightsabers clipped to his belt. Between the British Naval officer, the pirate, the girl wearing a flight suit and now a Jedi, the party was shaping up to be a costume party as much as anything else.

There was something subtle in the postures of the two men and the way Psi Cop had hold of the Jedi's upper arm that suggested they were not on exactly cordial terms. The Cop part of Morgan's nickname was well placed, he had the bearing of a policeman and a slight push on the Jedi's arm sent the two men moving up the gangplank. "Permission to come aboard?" Morgan's question though polite was rhetorical since he was already moving up the gangplank.

Connor smile graciously as he had for all the other arrivals and waved the two men forward. "Welcome to the party Morgan, I was expecting you, but I was beginning to worry that you weren't going to make it. Who is your friend?"

The jedi had yet to speak and it was Morgan again, "I have to apologize for our tardiness. The director called me in just before I was heading out and asked me to process a new recruit to the DSA. Collin Chatham here decided to join up on his release."

There were a couple indrawn breaths as Morgan's words sank in and people began to realize who the "jedi" was. Collin had been one of the novas who had erupted on the day the Refugee's arrived, before anyone had known the world had changed and why. He had been just a kid really, a total nerd complete with a pizza face and badly made costume and plastic lightsaber. The other boy had apparently embarrassed the geeky 17 year old in front of a big group of convention goers with a comment about his virginity, and Colin had been so full of rage and hurt that he lashed out.

His story might have been funny except that he had killed the boy, literally frying him with lightening. It had been caught on video and the news had played the clip over and over for weeks showing Collin's face twisted in deranged anger as the talkshow hosts and commentators asked questions about what the Refugees arrival meant for "Our Earth".

His trial had been a media event on par with the Simpson trial a decade before, but where Simpson had fought the charge, Collin was shattered by the events speaking only a couple times during the entire trial. His family were old money types and totally mortified by the media coverage. They had spared no expense on the trial trying to get their only son off on the grounds that eruption was an unprecedented thing and that had the refugees not come through Collin's outburst would have been nothing more than a temper tantrum. He hadn't actually picked up a weapon to kill anyone all he had done was direct his hurt and anger at another boy who had been cruel and hurtful. In the end, all they succeeded in doing was getting the charges changed from 2nd degree murder to involuntary manslaughter. There was some speculation that they might even be buying an innocent verdict for their son despite all the evidence.

What had shocked the world had been during the closing arguments of the two sides Collin had stood up and looked at the judge and jury and said that he deserved to be found guilty and wanted to serve his sentence. Afterwards in a moment caught on film by the paparazzi his parents had disowned him and declared that he was no longer their son and that he would never see a penny of his inheritance. He had just looked calmly into the distance as if he were barely hearing them and said he didn't care, he had killed an innocent person and he deserved to go to prison. There had been a tear at the corner of one eye and the close up had caught it glistening in the court room lights. The last the public had known of the young nova he was being led off handcuffed between a pair of guards. It had been the sort of high drama that news editors drool over, but afterwards he had faded from the public consciousness in a matter of days, his 15 minutes of fame over.

The young man in his early twenties stepping off the gangplank was no longer a pimply faced youth, he was a man who had spent five years in a maximum security prison and since that time he had been officially declared a blip. Despite the lightening he had displayed at his eruption, he had never shown any other signs of powers during his trial or his stay in prison. That made it curious that he would be recruited by the DSA.

Dr. Esposita was the first to speak, "Welcome aboard Collin. I remember your case well. I am glad to see you free and well. I find it a shame when a nova isn't given a chance to live up to their potential. What happened was tragic, but unavoidable. "

Collin shrugged, but looked at Morgan with a little resentment. "I killed someone, and did my penance for it. Now it's time for me to get on with my life and try to make up for what I did. So when they released me I asked to join the DSA."

Morgan smiled unapologetically, "He did indeed ask to join. In fact, he refused a government offer get out of his prison sentence altogether right after the verdict was handed down."

Collin's brows drew together and he frowned, "Stay out of my head."

The Psi Cop's expression didn't change, but he said, "It was in the DSA records, I didn't need to read your thoughts for that."

The Jedi turned back to Dr. Esposita, "Call me Jedi if you like or Nate, that's my middle name. I haven't answered to Collin Chatham since the trial."

Kitty spoke next, "I like your costume, Nate. " She glanced at the other costumed party goers with a cute little frown, "I wish I had known that so many of you were going to be coming in costume, I would have brought something fancy to wear."

"Thanks, but it's not really a costume, what you see is literally the only possessions I own, but I don't care. When I erupted my subconscious was fixated on Star Wars so I have the powers of a Jedi, or a Sith, so there is no point in trying to be normal. Once the media realizes I'm out of prison, they will be playing clips of what happened at the Convention I'm sure. Might as well roll with it. Besides Lucas sent me a cease and desist letter, so I like pissing him off and using his trademarked 'Jedi' term." He chuckled, "He can't sue me for wearing these clothes, and he can't sue me when others call me Jedi."

Kei pouted. "I had a costume... but I fell into the harbor."

She walks over to the Jedi and his Psi-Cop minder. "I'm Kei Nakano." She says, holding out her hand for a handshake. "Pleased to meet the both of you."

She nods to her Operator, May. "And this is May, my Operator on missions and... a good friend. We've been all over the place."

May nods, and blushes when she sees Morgan. "Hi..."

I'm surprised no one else has decided to show up on the international circles. I personally Invited a Japanese Nova I worked with during the relief effort last year. She looked like she needed some time off when we talked over Skype a couple days ago. I hope she cleared customs.

“Oh well, you know, if you wanted a swim-trunk or something, I’m sure Rob or Mel have something in your size. Conner… you look a too thick in the waist, given how much bigger you are. But you’re about Rob’s size.” Kitty was apparently as giving with other’s items as she was her own. Darklighter was spared because Kitty wasn’t sure if he had a pair of trunks – or need for them.

Her buzz was fading; the tail looped around Conner’s waist remained. It wasn’t clear if that was for balance or because she liked having her tail around him. “You know, since everyone is dressed so colorfully, I’m just going to shed this now.” She pulled the wrap from around her waist, the white cloth sliding away from her skin reluctantly, even as the mens’ eyes rushed to see the revealed, tanned flesh. Prayers were offered as the full extent of Kitty’s bronzed legs could be seen.

This PSA is to remind everyone that Kitty has App 5/Mega-App 5. Enjoy!

Karrie blushed hotly as she felt a surge of attraction for the woman. So unfair! she snarled to herself, her eyes darting to the side rather than continue to stare at Kitty. I wish I looked half that good. I’d take a quarter that good. What am I doing here again?

A hand tapped her on the back of the head, a light slap. Karrie spun to see Rob shaking his head at her, as if he’d read her thoughts. She scowled at him; he scowled back. “Fine,” she grumbled, turning away from him. Her eyes settled on the newcomers. There was no way in hell she was getting near that Psi-cop, but she eased around to Jedi’s side. It was the most obvious kind of “casual” sidle as she stopped next to him, peering up at him.

“I’m Karrie.” She didn’t offer her hand to either; to be fair, she had a bottle in one hand and a wooden cup in the other. Brown eyes stared at Jedi in somber challenge for a moment; then she said, “You and me. We’re gonna have a throwdown.”

“What?” Jedi asked, his eyes widening.

“Yeah, you heard me. We’re gonna have a Nerd-Off on this boat.” Now the serious look left her face and she was grinning at him. “By the way, do you regenerate?”

Kamiko arrived in the arms of Director Aiko Nishimura. Their arrival was quick as they land on the open helipad.

"Sorry I'm late, Fontenot-San. I had to get cleared through customs and Kamiko as well."

Director Nishimura was wearing a white overcoat over a white business shirt and pair of slacks. The only real color on her was the pale pink hair she had and her skin-tone. "Unfortunately I have to leave right away, still dealing with radiation containment procedures around Fukushima. It's not miss Aino's forte, so she agreed to stay."

"Agreed? I wanted to see Miss Karrie myself."

"Ah, right... Heh... You did miss the symposium, so I guess this hopefully will make up for it. And stay out of trouble. Your mother would never forgive me."

Kamiko nodded and bowed. "Thank you, Director Nishimura."

Aiko left as quick as she came, leaving Kamiko on the deck. She bashfully walks over to Karrie. "Umm, Hi. I'm Kamiko Aino. I'm pleased to meet you." She says with a bow. "I would like to thank you for donating use of that EM Bio-Field Detector last year. As a rescue technician it came in handy."

She adjusts her red hooded jacket. "I just wanted to say good work."

She looks to Rob. "And who's your friend?"

Appearance Info
Kamiko Aino has short black hair, wears glasses for eye protection, and is currently wearing a red zip-up windbreaker with a pair of red waterproof pants and a pair of boots that look designed for bad terrain. She has a black backpack on. She looks dead-average in appearance, not looking very attractive or ugly, just plain. She also doesn't seem that young. By anyone's research into her, she's 22.

Archived