Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - Magisterium OOC

Dawn OOC

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary would be intensely wanting to go. Her tell can be pretty subtle...though it depends on circumstances. Passing off a glass of water that mysteriously appears when no one's looking isn't too hard. But if someone sees something materialize out of nothing, then vanish again, it's harder to explain. Of course, it's equally hard for someone else to prove they saw something, so...hee.

Fahrenheit/Sekhmet will definitely try to stay close to her mother, now that they are reunited.

She won't be able to go unnoticed among humans, since Fahrenheit looks definitely Mutant, even without her Body of Flame she has crimson dark red skin which looks like lava is running through her veins instead of blood and her eyes are like orbs of fire.

If Sascha is dominant then she has no tells and passes entirely as human - but Sascha would be scared to go since she's afraid to destroy the whole place (if Fahrenheit breaks out).

It'll boil down how the situation with Lamia evolves and I'm sure I can tell more once the subchapter has been wrapped up.

Jeremy's down. I blame Gold and Grav for wasting time and not dealing with the soldiers and RRs. :P

Anyway, in the hopes that he survives, we can work on paring down his array, Carv. I don't think he'll be able to do anything more in the fight...

I just realized (can you say d'oh! for it taking this long) that some of the PCs had been acting as if they'd been at the temple. In fact, you guys are in Tibet. This group's SOP has been to have an isolated place where they warp to first. From there they remove chips or whatever needs to be done to secure the safety of Home. So you are all in Tibet.

Updates to come this weekend.

cause I hate when people don't post but also don't explain that they are consciously not posting - Travis really has nothing to say at the moment other than repeating what he said before. I don't want to sound like a broken record, so unless somebody engages him directly he'll simply stare wistfully off at the horizon (and test his weird new mutations).

OOC: Hey Dawn, isn't 'Jack' supposed to be 'John'? Or am I confused as to who this is?

Jack is a nickname for John, and Sir John will answer to either. And yes, this is the tactical genius John who is missing limbs and confined to a wheelchair. :)

Right. I was referring to his 'WTF posture' and grouping it in with Fahrenheit's blatantly aggressive posture, because even I can only stand so much literary exposition in a post, and even then I was mostly having Tengri react to Fahrenheit's and Mary's much more obvious reactions. I tried to clarify a little bit about halfway down the post, mentioning Travis' "on-edge-edness" in parentheses, in contrast to "Fahrenheit's hostility". Regardless, Tengri doesn't have a clue that Travis has his powers up and active, or even what those powers might be in the first place.

Honestly, looking at my last post again I really think I could have written that first paragraph to be clearer than it was. Sorry about that. :(

Quick question about the xp Dawn. Is the last line of the bonus experience meant for Seeker or are the npcs getting xp?

Also is the bonus xp in addition to the first list of xp or is it already included?

It was for Seeker, and the list has been corrected to reflect that. You guys don't get to see what the NPCs get. ;)

And yes, that bonus xp is in addition. Like I said, it was for the PCs who really stood out to me or that acted according to their PC's nature to their own detriment or in ways that have or will progress stories.

Also is it really May experience or June & July experience? ;)

It's June & July experience (inclusive), asked that myself last night in chat. :)

given that we had already gotten May exp that was more a tease over the error

Though Jordan's question about the bonus is valid, especially in a system like M&M where 1 point can actually buy things :)

I am duly teased. The experience page now says July and July. :P

I have spended many of my ill-gotten gains (being as I am sure some of my exp came from beating down my own teammates) on expanding some of Travis' scope a little ... since none have so much as mentioned his lack of discretion in combat there was no move made to apply selective to any of his AoE attacks ... suckas!!

:firedevil:

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a quick reminder to all that I will be leaving the country starting this Friday (Sep 14th) and will not be back until Oct 1st. I'll have some occasional and limited access to the internet while I'm there (or so I'm told), so I'm going to try and get on here to post some while I'm away, but if you don't hear from me for a while don't be too surprised.

Archived