Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - Magisterium OOC

Dawn OOC

In Vacation, I started to post and realized two things. One, I hadn't told you guys you can act. Rebekka will be driving around the corner, and the soldiers will be coming to intercept the SUV. You will all have a chance to act this round. Can everyone please go back and edit their posts to give me attacks/actions and rolls? Sorry, I should have asked for this before. Rip, you've already done this, so you're good. I'm sorry to push, but if people can give me those rolls, I'll be able to post soon after.

Second... I forgot to make an NPC I need. *hangs head in shame* I thought that the character was already made but I guess not. :(

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Vacation, I started to post and realized two things. One, I hadn't told you guys you can act. Rebekka will be driving around the corner, and the soldiers will be coming to intercept the SUV. You will all have a chance to act this round. Can everyone please go back and edit their posts to give me attacks/actions and rolls? Sorry, I should have asked for this before. Rip, you've already done this, so you're good. I'm sorry to push, but if people can give me those rolls, I'll be able to post soon after.

Second... I forgot to make an NPC I need. *hangs head in shame* I thought that the character was already made but I guess not. :(

You're fired.

You see soldiers advancing to stop you. Behind them are four three-foot tall elementals made of fire. There's also a cat-woman Matrix-kicking some poor sap in the face.

That is a Standing Missile Dropkick, thank you. Rip would never equate her fighting style to a mediocre post-apocylyptic/cyberpunk movie starring Keanu Reeves... she's not seen it. :P:D

Just read the thread, just waiting for the C&P from chat but this is what it looks like

Toughness #1 19 - FAIL

Toughness #2 16 - FAIL

Toughness #3 25 - FAIL

Toughness #4 8 - FAIL

Dodge 23 - SUCCESS

Toughness #5 11 - FAIL

Saving that HP incase I get a chance to save myself from dying at this point.

Hey! Figured out how to C&P from chat! Using the chatlog! :D

Idris' Big Fail
[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #1 - DC 25

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 13+6: 19

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #2 - DC 25

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 10+6: 16

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #3 - DC 30

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 19+6: 25

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #4 - DC 25

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 2+6: 8

[Kamiko]: Dodge DC 18

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 17+6: 23

[Kamiko]: After Dodge Toughness Save DC 19

[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 5+6: 11

[Kamiko]: Rolls done and Rip is done I think.

[Kamiko]: At least I can claim you for a witness then, Asa?

[Asarasa]: Sure

So, what happens now, or is it "Thanks for playing" time?

Depends on the setting really. If I remember how degrees of success works in M&M my fails were

#1: One Degree Failure

#2: Two Degrees of Failure

#3: One Degree of Failure

#4: Three Degrees of Failure

Dodge: One Degree of Success

Toughness off of Dodge: One Degree of Failure

In any case... owch. Not that I'm worried now, 3 degrees is incapacitated I think.

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #1 - DC 25
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 13+6: 19

Fail by 6 (2 degrees) which is a -1 on further damage resistance saves and Dazed

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #2 - DC 25
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 10+6: 16

This suffers a -1 from the result of the first save and becomes a 15 which is a fail by 10, or 2 degrees (barely), and adds another -1 (cumulative now -2), Dazed stays dazed (no stacking)

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #3 - DC 30
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 19+6: 25

This suffers -2 and becomes 23, fail by 7 (2 deg.) for another -1 (-3)

[Kamiko]: Toughness Save #4 - DC 25
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 2+6: 8

This suffers -3 and becomes 5, fail by 20 (4 degrees) which is a KO

[Kamiko]: Dodge DC 18
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 17+6: 23

(since you were KOed this would be an auto fail)

[Kamiko]: After Dodge Toughness Save DC 19
[Kamiko]: *rolls* 1d20: 5+6: 11

This would suffer a -3 (from above) and likely be a DC 23 (? - since you cannot dodge) for a result of 8, fail by 15 (3 degrees) , for another -1 and Staggered (which would be applied as it would matter for recovery purposes).

All told:

-4 on all damage resistance checks from "injuries"

Staggered

Incapacitated (KOed)

Depending on the nature of the last attack (the AOE attack) the dying status effect might be an appropriate replacement for Staggered based purely on Dawn's preference as GM.

Yeah... there are those modifiers that get tacked on.

Well then it is up to Dawn then. Not posting until I know if I'm making my last post as Idris or not.

Or if I took lethal damage if I got a chance for a save. I knew I couldn't make those saves unless I got highly lucky. So I'm banking the HP for that last roll to stay in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh umm, I have to say thanks for Carv for actually letting me be in this game and for letting me be this character.

I'm going to try to step my post quality up to the chracter I have. I might be slow to respond sometimes due to this effort but I feel the overall result after some time will be beneficial to the overall experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the blurb from the book, because I'm too lazy to type it all out today.

A Multiattack effect allows you to hit multiple targets, or a single target multiple times, in the same standard action. Multiattack can apply to any effect requiring an attack check. There are three ways in which a Multiattack effect can be used:

• Single Target: To use a Multiattack against a single target, make your attack check normally. If successful, increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more. This circumstance bonus does not count against power level limits. If an Impervious Resistance would ignore the attack before any increase in the DC, then the attack still has no effect as usual; a volley of multiple shots is no more likely to penetrate Impervious Resistance than just one.
• Multiple Targets: You can use Multiattack to hit multiple targets at once by “walking” or “spraying” the Multiattack across an arc. Roll one attack check per target in the arc. You suffer a penalty to each check equal to the total number of targets. So making a Multiattack against five targets is a –5 penalty to each attack check. If you miss one target, you may still attempt to hit the others.
• Covering Attack: A Multiattack can provide cover for an ally. Take a standard action and choose an ally in your line of sight, who receives the benefits of cover against enemies in your line of sight and in range of your Multiattack. (You have to be able to shoot at them to get them to keep their heads down or this maneuver won’t work.) You cannot lay down a covering attack for an ally in close combat. An opponent can choose to ignore the cover provided by your covering attack at the cost of being automatically attacked by it; make a normal attack check to hit that opponent.

There's no special thing about 'dual wielding' in M&M. Your attack is bought with whatever attributes you pay for...you can then define it as you please.

A multiattack could represent two pistols being fired rapidly. It could be an assault rifle in automatic mode. Or a laser beam that's continuous. Or a flurry of punches.

Whatever you define it as.

But just buying two pistols from the Equipment section doesn't give you a 'free' multiattack power. :)

Archived