Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - Magisterium OOC

Dawn OOC

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there anything for Jaunt to do at the moment? I had him wander off away from the psycho talk and murderous rampages and it seems he's pretty much just alone somewhere at the moment while people have met back up to gather and converse.

Jaunt has given me a nice opening to ask you guys a question that will get us to a place where we can get back into the action. Are you guys interested in David's plan to reveal yourselves, at several points around the world, at once? Those PCs that want to do that should say yes; those that don't want to do it should let me know here, too, so that I know if I can run the alternate plot.

Again, what I need is a yay or nay. If you PC isn't interested or has enough doubts that they aren't going to do it, then please let me know, and I'll put you in the alterna-plot (SG, you should speak up too). David's not interested in forcing mutants to act against their wills/natures. :) He won't require you do act one way or another.

Once you expose yourself it will make any sort of covert activity borderline impossible. At least, from my point of view. I'll wait and see what others think and if everyone is on the yes fence, then Jaunt will hang back and be their covert guy. Once the cat is out of the bag, subtly is out the window.

Jaunt's quite the party guy. Chances are he's exposed himself to the world on numerous occasions already...

True point.

I'm just confused on the "Covert" aspect you mention. Is this covert as in acting stealthily to sneak on someone, or covert in the fact that people don't know mutants exist. I think revealing ourselves would remove the second definition of being covert, yes, but it changes the game for who we're fighting as well. It lets the genie out of the bottle. People knowing there has been a secret and organized agency doing less than savory things in the world with a minority group of people will garner opinions all over the board, but it's a start.

Better to go for it and deal with what we create than be afraid of the worst case scenario.

Well, having never heard the plan IC, Brian is all for not letting the DEHA continue to work in the shadows. Depending on the type of reveal, Brian will either agree or suggest moderation. As for the war... defensively, sure; offensively, not so much.

And I really don't think Brian will ever be a face person; he's not 'flashy'.

Lamia - Yes
Idris - Yes (covert)
Mary - Yes
Jaunt - Yes (covert)
Jeremy - Yes
Brian - Yes
Travis _ Yes (Do you need to ask? :D )
These are what we have so far, I'm waiting to hear from:
Dog/Seeker
Grav
Rebekka
Tengri
Now, the reason that I marked Idris and Jaunt covert but no one else: They are the mutants who are good at special ops. This has little to do with their exposure to the public; DEHA's been covering up for Jaunt for years. Those who are talking about not being a public face - that's fine. But for the purposes of this discussion, I need to know who's a front line fighter and who's a sneaky-sneak (you social folks, you're in another category). Jaunt and Idris are built to be black ops, and that's quite a bit different than saying your character isn't a fighter. Am I making sense? :)

This escalates the plans Rebekka was considering - wanting to establish herself as a semi-public figure for a while, before coming out with the big reveal, but she's in favour of revealing the existence of Mutants.

Plus, as a subtle shapeshifter, she fully believes she can have her cake and eat it too - as both revealing herself, and establishing another secret identity as a non-mutant, until she wishes to reveal that one. :)

Naturally, she's more of a lover (and face) than a fighter. :P

Update!

Lamia - Yes
Idris - Yes (covert)
Mary - Yes
Jaunt - Yes (covert)
Jeremy - Yes
Brian - Yes
Travis - Yes (Do you need to ask? :D )
Rebekka - Yes
Dog/Seeker
Grav
Tengri

Lamia - Yes
Idris - Yes (covert)
Mary - Yes
Jaunt - Yes (covert)
Jeremy - Yes
Brian - Yes
Rebekka - Yes
Edward - Yes :D
Dog/Seeker
Grav
Tengri

Just one note... at some point, I would like Idris to be able to walk in public without a shroud over her face... well that and clothing over every inch of her body. Probably one of my motivations for my Yes vote.

Then again, Idris is a thirf by profession, so showing her face off... not a wise choice mutant or not... Unless she decides to go legit.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply Carv. Dog would totally be on board for revealing Mutants to the world although he's unlikely to understand the ramifications of doing so. He has complete faith David however.

Seeker on the other hand will not, under any circumstances, reveal himself to the world as a mutant. His fear is that the DEHA would take that action as an open declaration of war and would strike out at his family. Something he will not risk.

Lamia - Yes
Idris - Yes (covert)
Mary - Yes
Jaunt - Yes (covert)
Jeremy - Yes
Brian - Yes
Rebekka - Yes
Edward - Yes :D
Dog - Yes
Seeker - No
Grav
Tengri

Sorry for the slow response. The email alert function is clearly still not working. Also, I hadn't realized until today that '[2-Interlude] Hard Truths' had turned from a quiet thread offering PCs an opportunity for exposition and self-reflection into a major debate about the relationship between humans and mutants and a plot-pivotal reveal of David's master plan! I feel like the thread's title has been lying to me all along....

Anyway, Tengri's technically a YES. He doesn't agree with everything David's saying - especially his 'us against them' mentality - and he doesn't agree with the views espoused by some of the others, but he does approve of the idea of bringing mutants into the public eye.

That's everyone. I'll figure out groups and locations today and post them tonight. I'll give you guy until Wednesday to discuss them with me and input changes; after Wednesday, I'll be setting up the next post.

Tengri - if you want to pm me an email address, I'll try to remember to notify you if posts have gone up and we haven't heard from you. I can't promise that I'll succeed but I can try to serve as a backup to the alert function. :) Feel free to post, if you want. I know that it's been some time, but Tengri could have been on guard duty or something--we can come up with an explanation of where he's been. Since he knows his history, he wouldn't need to be there for the big reveal of his file.

Before I show you all the set up I have in mind, let me detail the roles David will laid out.

Hidden - a faux-human or someone who can hide very well who is there to be immediate firepower/support if needed

Ringer - someone in the crowd who’s goal is to lead the crowd the way they want.

Big Show - the mutant who is going to be showing off for the crowd--and giving a speech about DEHA and “we come in peace”.

Support - Another mutant who can step in case there’s a problem.

Tokyo

Idris (hidden)

Rebekka (ringer [Asian])

Grav (big show)

Edward (support)

Delhi

Jaunt (hidden/ringer)

Lamia (ringer)

Mary (big show)

Dog (support)

London

Tengri (hidden)

Jeremy (ringer)

Travis (big show)
Tempest (support)

New York

May (ringer)

David (big show)

Matt (support)

Brian - pick one of the three with PCs and have a reason to be in that city. :D

Well, it just so happens that I recently finished an oil prospect in the Middle East, and now there are two companies in India that want me to prospect for them. One for water for some remote villages and the other for mineral wealth on the foothills of the Himalayas. I bet you can guess which one pays better and which one is putting me up in the capitol before I go out into the field...

(all of this assuming that you mean New Delhi, India and not Delhi, OH or some such...)

Archived