Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

I don't think we need to shut it down. Just leave it and let people wander in and out of if as they want. I think that the silence is less about interest in CN overall and more about interest in a moon base idea. It's not a bad idea - I just don't think it appeals to most of us.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, for one, would appreciate it very much if we didn't shut this game down. I've got two active stories here that I am still posting in, while Long and Ms Muse have another (and that they've been posting in with commendable regularity), and I have plans for several more (although given my posting speed it's unlikely that most of them will see the light of day anytime this year).

I realize the forum has been slow - for my part real life keeps doing this annoying thing where it makes me pay attention to it all the time and makes it difficult for me to find the time or the energy to sit in front of a computer for hours on end and write make-believe stories (much as I'd prefer to be doing just that) - but the forum is by no means "inactive", or even very close to it. I second what Dawn said: leave it be and let folks wander in and out as they have the time and the desire.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys sorry for the non action real life hit me really hard.

1. all data lost computer died ( hostile hack)

2. mom broke her ribs ( every time she healled she fall again)

I like to continued but i have been inactive for long time.

so i unterstand if you don't

plus my story i wrote was really bad(lol really one of my friends read it and chew me out)

spent a few months just writing while in the hospital with my mom

Well a lot has changed. Some I'm not a fan of but it's happened.

Just trying to move forward at this point.

Oh Once I get Youko in Magic Earth completed, I will have Sakurako done too. She's going to be getting one hell of a High School Graduation gift.

ok here is my idea

i want to use a terrorist group for a simple adventure.

1st characters are invited to a charity event ( various movers and shakers, powers to be etc.)

2nd terrorist place bombs character defeat terrorist and defuse bombs( allows players to bring either social or combat novas to the game)

3rd i am keeping the action simple and dialoge flowing ( this is keeping with my proplem of not being able to read players emotion or faces )

would anyone want to try this

np i need to see who wants to join also which characters they want to play this will be more RP with some dice rolls for added elements.but keeping the storyline simple so character personality can be understood.

i am planing to make sure players understand what is going on so i expect a lot of questions that players will have. this should solve a few proplems i had in the past. plus i will asked question about possible background knowledge that will effects characters and events.

this also will allow players to enjoy the adventure better.

that is true but if you think how nova are changing the world. it give people new things to hate. you take a nova that you can never compete against no matter how good your are it will cause proplems

after all we got those that hate because of religion, color, even nation into days world it would be not far out their to see it focus on novas

i am keep the terrorist group simple. remeber nova are public feature so they make a good target. if i get some people who would like to try i will post more and see what they think if not i will use genetric group but give them a name, a motivation make them seem a little more real. in this adventure would be the first act the hate group did that was very public.

but let see what other think.

ps this group will stay light they are bad guys. if players like the bad guys and this adventure they may grow but into then we will see

i think people will like this adventure

if people have proplems with the concept them being anti-nova then i can call them anti-rich group

but i will see what people have to say

Well the first thing to consider (and this is a mistake I kept making in this game myself) is that the CN world isn't a comic book in terms of reality. It's firmly grounded in reality, but having extraordinary circumstances happening to it on a greater and greater scale.

We've just had in game: Mexico City shaken to the ground, a small port city in Russia was Nuked by terrorists, and a Nova civilian not only owns a aircraft carrier but it is well defended and has a small squadron backed by a government on it not to mention the fighter aircraft she personally owns is a finely crafted and tuned piece of hardware. Not to mention the youngest Nova on the planet can be anywhere not only on earth but anywhere in orbit around it (including the moon) if she desired.

And that is just the stuff I've been involved with.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting ready to start breathing life back into Cosmos Nova.

If people have ideas for stories let me know... Also I will have a new character for the Department Zero group in a few weeks. I want to get Kei and Rebecca moving first.

Archived