Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

Do not worry about CN (or IE) for that matter with my soon to have dropped availability. I am going to keep on with CN as I can keep with it over a weekend with occasional check-ins.

I will try to keep up with only three days of currently sketchy availability (Saturday Afternoon to Monday Afternoon).

I am going to ask for patience though. This will take some adapting to. If people have a problem with this, let me know so something can be worked out.

If this is irreconcilable, I will wrap all threads I am in, and part with the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Jedi and Con go together like peanut butter and jelly. Plus, since he erupted at a con and that led to him going to prison, it's kinda the appropriate place for him to go to let the world know that he's back. Facing his demons and all that.

Plus, it would be a great place for Nate to meet your characters even if it is just in passing.

You are such a dear, Carv, making such good sattelite/bouy hacking rolls... I got a unexpected suprise for you... the plot is about to get all... afoot... and stuff! ^_^

Also: I want Fox to see this, sorry on the delay on our thread. Was very stupid of me. Won't happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... just so Nova knows, Naomi is choosing not to Dorm. Since i hadn't bought it before that thread started in game time. Theoretically, she is not going to dorm since right now she may be in a dangerous situation, this is how I'll explain away her having Dormancy in her Diary as of April 22nd in game time.

Also, if I may ask Nova, if Naomi does get into a situation where she uses up her power or is knocked out, would he allow Naomi's dormancy to show?

Nova: I'll refrain from using it conciously. Naomi is right now in a pretty tense negotiation.

Fox: Hey, Real life is Real. I can only get on for a weekend every week. So this is nothing to me.

That brings me to this.

Dawn's in a bit of a rough spot. So, I am going to say that Valiant is in no rush. I am quite willing to wait. Although she should treat other threads that dove-tail into the plot I'm weaving as a bit of spoilers. Luckily the real set-piece I don't plan on unleashing for a couple more months from now. ^_^

Dawn, no pressure, take care of RL first.

Hi, I'd like to join your game I have a character ready to bring in, but there's one thing about the character I was told to ask the group about. An affect others version of bodymorph (i think that's the power's name?) It's the ability for him to fleshcraft others. Remember the episode of Batman Beyond where body modification became fashionable? That's what I'm going for.

He has Bodymorph on the character build and is wanting the ability to apply it to others. I know there is a separate power in the Fan Companion or Aberrant Compendium listed as Bodymorph (Other), and I've also seen the base power with just the Affect Other extra tacked on. It wasn't in the auto-approved books, though, so we'll need to vote on it.

Mmmm...something I forgot to tell you before, Sandman: the Bodymorph power has a duration, so these modifications to do not last. For permanent alterations, you need to buy each bodymod separately. As far as I know, the only way to permanently bodymod someone else (in the books) is through Biomanipulation, which is even a WW released power, but also requires Q6, which isn't available in CN yet.

I'm fine with Bodymorph with the Affect Other extra primarily because it -is- temporary.

Bodymorph has a set effect, like turning the guy to stone, or fire, or some fleshy form full of Body Modifications. A more appropriate power I think for the effect you want is Body Shift, from the The New Flesh. It is also not permanent, as Vyserian said, that is the purview of a more powerful and hard to get power.

I'd say we could try this out - with the understand it may need to be adjusted - though I'd suggest the victim/target would get a roll to resist or mitigate the effect, I'd say a Stamina + Resistance roll would be most appropriate.

Fox: Will post between now and Saturday on Work or Play? I got alot of distractions around me at the FLGS currently, so I gotta need a opening. Sorry. :(

But I will post since this is Nate and Kei's time together. ^_^

Inventing a Quantum Capacitor... how long would it take.

Per the rules it should take 72 days to R&D, but Nate has Mega Int 3 and Mental Prodigy: Engineering. How much would his prodigy and Int reduce the R&D time?

Yes, but Mental Prodigy: Engineering is specifically supposed to make things easier/better/faster. Normally you would make rolls to determine success or failure and that enhancement gives you extra dice depending on your successes, to apply to the creation, which under the book system would reduce your time (by helping you to accumulate the successes faster.)

So how do they apply to the new system?

Should it be subtracting a percentage of the time per success, or a day per success, or what? Personally, I'd say some percentage since that would translate fairly no matter how big or small of an invention you are working on.

How about 3% per success?

The invention Nate is working on for example will take 72 days normally, but because he is a prodigy at engineering, he rolls Int and gets 5 successes at 3% per success that's 15% reduction on the time it takes to complete, therefore he's subtract 10.2 days so that it will only take 62 days to complete instead.

That seems pretty reasonable to me. Even if you had 5 Int, 5 Mega Int and manage an incredible roll of 15 successes he'd still be spending 40 days on R&D. A perfect success in fact by someone with maxxed stats would still only reduce the R&D time by 60%. That doesn't seem too bad since I find it amazingly unlikely that anyone would ever roll five 10's on their megas.

Archived