Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox, that post is nice, but frankly I was very clear that Nerds Unite was for the scientist characters only. I said that initially and several times since in chat. Your PC is not a scientist and doesn't even have a dot in science. Please remove the post, since Morgan isn't a scientist and wouldn't get an invite. I know that Kei is coming up with an idea for everyone else to participate in.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, my thread is going to be a "Team Building" meeting at a hotel in the Twin Cities. This is a chance for the non-science members of the crew and the international Novas in the story can get together and collaborating.

After all, this is just as much about international cooperation as learning about your fellow teammates.

Will be posting up shortly.

Fox, that post is nice, but frankly I was very clear that Nerds Unite was for the scientist characters only. I said that initially and several times since in chat. Your PC is not a scientist and doesn't even have a dot in science. Please remove the post, since Morgan isn't a scientist and wouldn't get an invite. I know that Kei is coming up with an idea for everyone else to participate in.

Thanks in advance.

In reference to this: here's a good judge if your PC got an invite. Are they a member of any of the professional scientific organizations. Not just an affiliate member, but a full member? If so, then they likely got a card in the mail. ;)

Apologies, didn't mean to step on any toes. I wasn't in chat so I saw none of those requests, and since he was a mega int character I figured he might have an excuse to be there. Post removed.

Hey, you're welcome in mine. Stop on in, Fox! ^_^

Darklighter is well known, and quite friendly so other PCs can certainly know him.

He owns a massive R&D / Law Enforcement organization - AB7 - that works with militaries, academia, law enforcement, and emergency service NGOs in pretty much any UN nation. AB7 provides consultation and special service para-military response for authorities having issues with dangerous / unknown technology. AB7 does everything from long term studies and threat analysis to providing enforcement teams (NATO military). The services AB7 provide are usually free, and far too costly even for most major alphabet soup organizations to replicate completely in house - they fund themselves via government contracts and loads of consumer product patent royalties.

There are people who develop an unhealthy fixation on him (Mega CHA 5), such as the drunken physicist who he is dodging. This particular physics crazy is a brilliant physicist who has a sideline in angels. Yes, angels - he runs a group of crazies who think they have proof of divine power based on various bits of Nova era science, extra-dimensional 'archaeology', etc. DL figures prominently in their 'unified theory'. Novas are the new UFO - Doctor Jones has even written books about it.

Sorry, I wanted to post this morning but work was stressful, and then I've had the stress of buying a new car on top of that and just didn't have the time to get to it.

Finally bought a truck tonight. Toyota Tundra. Yay! At least one stress is gone. Unfortunately, I've got at least two must finish items at work that have to be done tomorrow or else... so as much as I want to write up a post I'm not sure when I'm going to get to it. It may be day after tomorrow. :(

I'd like to suggest a few ideas.

1) a debriefing about certain super-villain and/or refugees that are causing trouble. Allows each person to elaborate on the world a bit and create adversarial NPCs for the world. Essentially, it's a workshop on bad guys. :)

2) A tour of the DSA complex outside of Langley. Director Horst would love a chance to show off without Rob and Coyote around to "embarrass" him.

3) A mixer thrown by another DSA agent who'd like to make friends. Essentially, a chance to meet other empowered people, and just had the bad luck to throw the party during the science convention.

Justin is already thinking of doing #3. But it will happen a few days afterward from the science meeting. This will allow for even the science club in the DSA to join in. (Keep going with your thread, Justin's thread will go for a bit and will probably encompass a couple days IC after the Nerds have their fun.)

Will probably see it Friday I wager. (He's got a couple torture-shifts today and tomorrow to survive first)

I'll use this time to tweak Kei's background a bit. It's a good time to do it.

Addendum: I gotta do some adjustments to Kei's numbers. Shouldn't be too hard. Should be done tomorrow.

As a note for Nights: we have the following PCs:

1. Grimson
  2. Umiwashi
  3. Coyote
  4. Telluris
  5. Mech
  6. George
  7. Psi-Cop
  8. 32's guy
  9. Darklighter

Then we have 2 lady-NPCs coming to reduce the sausage-factor of the fic. Conner said there are 8 rooms; presumably, one is his. In short, we are going to have to double up in a few cases, hence Coyote doing so with the one other person there she knows at all.

You'll have to ask Rob for his reasons for bunking with Coyote. :D

go for it

Connor will be sleeping either in the bridge or on deck somewhere in a chair most likely so there are 8 rooms I modeled this off a Yacht I know, and worst come to worst, there is a Common room area where air beds (tucked in one of the closets) can be pulled out. When I planned this it wasn't an overnight thing, though looking at it now I should have should make it more fun at any rate.

So long as we don't sink the boat and everyone has fun...

I have zero objections.

Recommendation: I think we all should make a prelude thread. Something that shows what their character does, why they do it, illustrating some personality merits and faults, and generally weaving it into a good story. It might help prospective thread STs as to what to have in store for our characters.

I'm planning (in between moving house - so when I do find the time) on writing a bit more story under my character thread to tell a bit more about him, and a few of the Australian Novas.

Also, while I remember it, 32767 has no internet connection, and may not for a little while (he actually told me a week back, sorry for not passing it on earlier).

That is unfortunate, George. Was looking forward to seeing 32.

Also, remember you science types, there is still NERDS UNITE going on. I would love to see these two threads going in tandem.

Oh, and Fox, when we and you are ready, are you starting the first "official" adventure of CN?

I'm thinking perhaps at some point before that happens we should develop some sort of order since there are so many of us as to stories to have in CN. This would give people enough time to think and see what is being created with the telling of the first story. Maybe rolling a d100 in chat for each of us to determine "story initiative" as it were.

But I do nominate that since Fox is the father of IE, he should have "Seize Initiative" rights. ;)

If anyone wants to start a story, please feel free. The last 2 weeks for me have been pretty hectic and stressful. It's been sapping my creativity pretty badly, I'm hoping things change this next week, but no guarantees.

Hmm Kay...

we'll have to decide who goes first then. If anyone is interested in being a "Thread Runner", state in CN operations your interest. I'll open the thread, and we post our interest. Only after going into chat and making a roll with a d100. That decides your order. If you want to get skipped in a story pass, let everyone know so that the next person in line can go.

We actually should start though once people feel comfortable to begin.

Addendum: Doing a solo thread as a "Prelude". Going to put Kei through various situations and explore her a little.

Archived