Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. I think I will actually toss this up a little early. If people are interested and want details I will be willing to offer as needed, without spoilers.

Not to long ago I introduced a andagonist into the CN universe. Going by the monicker of "Mother" she has been bankrolling different criminal and terrorist activities. A good number have happened to Japan and Department 0, although the US and the DSA has gotten some info, in particular from a blip nova that turned against "Mother".

But now the plot is about to move. Seeing that the Nuke set off on the Kamchatka peninsula has rustled more than enough jimmies from Russia's security agencies and seeing her window of opportinity is running low, she decides to start making her move.

I'm going to need two groups to play this out. Group A and B will be organized by a UN Security Council emergency meeting. Such recent events would definately cause such a meeting to occur.

Group A will be the Investigating group. People that aren't combat capable but will have talents in dealing with technology and other things. They will also run across evidence and more of the plottings Mother has involved herself in.

Group B is the combat team. This group will strike at targets that need a more up-front approach to.

I have to note, that any combat that occurs depends on what assets will be present. Some combat won't be an issue, but rest assured that there will be some combats and situations where characters may die if something goes wrong.

I will need a minimum of 3 characters in each group.

I intend to start on the in game calendar around Mid-January. But I will start the set-up of the teams RL as early as January 1 with a start date of around the 15th.

Thanks for the thumbs-up, guys (Taeli and Naomi). Does anybody have any objections to the new Combat Style?

Zheng, I have no issues with it. Admittedly, my knowledge of Combat Styles isn't great, but I don't see any difference between it and the others.

Group A will be the Investigating group. People that aren't combat capable but will have talents in dealing with technology and other things. They will also run across evidence and more of the plottings Mother has involved herself in.

Group B is the combat team. This group will strike at targets that need a more up-front approach to.

Karrie would likely be in a Group A, of course. My participation will depend on what I have going on for Karrie - Max and I are cooking up something right now.

Both enhancements should be fine (though others may well disagree with me).

I will point out that, while Cellular Persistence looks pretty neat, it's basically charging you QP to dodge, and guaranteeing that you'll take at least a single HL for your troubles, so unless your PC isn't going to be any good at dodging or parrying i don't really recommend taking it. On the other hand, it does let you easily rejoin severed body parts and the like, so if you're expecting that to happen to your PC a lot it might still be worth it. ;)

It's a matter of concept. I consider it an extension of the Homunculus power.

And it gives me a nice defensive option in situations where dodging isn't possible, like when I'm physically restrained or in cramped quarters.

Plus, if I read right, it keys off of Stamina rather than Dexterity...and my Stamina is quite a bit better than my Dexterity.

Unfortunately, since I would like to be on daily to run my plot, and I won't be able to, I have no choice but to drop my idea. I'm sorry. If anyone wants to run with what I had eluded to, run wild. I don't care.

nm... it's on. January 8th.

I just have one question: Can I set a EMP off over a small city as a start of the plot? It will completely effect the city I choose, and will be the starting point of the plot. The location is the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

I also FULLY state to any intelligence agency looking that this is a work of FICTION. Superheroes need something to bloody do!

I have no issue with EMPing a city, but I'll point out that Minneapolis-St. Paul is not a small city. It has a population of 3.6 million, so, not small. Other than that, I have no issue.

Also... I really think that any intelligence agent is going to quickly realize this is just people writing stories on the internet, given the flying people and super science and jet-girls. No need for that kind of disclaimer.

It's not for my benefit, it is for Chosen. I don't want guys in black suits knocking on his door.

Then again, we're probably not high on any watch lists. :P

Anyways I always thought the twin cities were small... Oh well, it's the target. Sucks to be me. :P

The Twin Cities themselves are medium sized. Minneapolis alone has on the order of 300,000ish. But the metropolitan area includes all the suburbs, and is just what Carver said. It's all sprawled out, but has a pretty good sized population all things considered.

Hmm. Seems like a good one for me to get involved with. I'll have to think about how that could happen.

Due to some realizations that strain belevability of the plot, I am pulling the plot for now for a complete re-write on my end. So... madness is delayed.

Okay, I got a new idea, bit of a modification of the original plot.

I won't need a split team effort, it'll be whosoever will will come, and it won't start with me EMPing the Twin Cities.

I got the idea from a couple prior plot threads. Expect things to start soon.

Cool. Life in my house will hopefully get a bit easier soon. We have some people who have offered to come help us out for a few days. I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but Melanie has the flu, has had for the last 10 days, on top of recovering from the C-section so I've pretty much spent the entire holidays trying to be as helpful as I can. The twins are also a little sick so their sleep has been erratic the last few days so we're pretty sleep deprived at the moment. That's why I haven't been following or commenting on the other game proposal thread which I would have liked to do.

Okay, the gameplan has changed.

Noting that the European team has practically fallen apart with the Elves going stateside, and the only other team functioning right now is Department Zero, my plot has changed to allow all interested to participate.

So... thinking of what has happened over the past year I have realized that the good guys (us) have actually a distinct advantage. Also Department Zero has shown itself for it's size to not only be up to the task but for it's small size more than adequate.

This has caused a fundamental change in plot.

There is a couple questions though I need to answer before I start flipping switches.

1: Who is the President of the US? Can it be safe to assume that I can use the election map from the RL 2012 election and say a Democrat was elected, and build the NPC accordingly?

2: Since now there won't be seperate teams, who is interested? This may force teams in the concept that some will be in one thread, and some on another. I am just guaging interest over seeing who will be on which team. I would reccomend though that if someone has alts in a different faction to place them in a different thread.

More than likely Department Zero may hire you since right now they are lacking in your skillset. Their previous "Nova of a certain set of skills" is on medical leave. (That would be Kamiko...)

Heck... half the roster of Department Zero is on medical leave as it looks. :(

1: Who is the President of the US? Can it be safe to assume that I can use the election map from the RL 2012 election and say a Democrat was elected, and build the NPC accordingly?

I already detailed POTUS and vPOTUS for my story, No Heroes Here. You can find information about them in the setting material. While I appreciate you asking, please make the setting materials your first check before asking the board. :D

Now that my plot has fallen apart twice to scrutiny and I can't seem now to come up with a third, I now gotta think of what to do next with my characters, if anything.

Quite honestly I am lost with this game.

I don't want opinions on my feelings on this though, I want ideas. Something that I haven't seem much of at all as to how this game can be revived.

To be honest if anything we should have a conversation on if we want to continue with this game or have it shut down. I don't want this to shamble on as a zombie like CoQF is. Either we do something with CN or end it.

CN is open world, with several moderators isn't it?

I mean, not to sound insensitive, but it's not like the entire game has to screech to a halt if you lose interest or inspiration and can't go on. Lots of people seem to be going just fine with it. :)

As for what to do, I am not too terribly familiar with your character, but if I have any ideas I will certainly let you know.

Well the thing is there really isn't any moderators here. It's all a democratic process.

Also I need to clarify my position here. I don't want CN to die off. I'm just concerned that it's recent pace is more than just RL. I know Carv is having RL trouble and Ein's life is very, very busy.

I do want to help, but I am not good at making world plots unless I start from scratch.

That is the thing. I want to help get CN moving along.

Now, I might need to talk with you, Max, at some point for a plot we can do, most likely with Kamiko as she will be my replacement for Naomi. I may have to retire her, seeing that with the pace of the game, her pregnancy and care of her children will take her out of the plot.

Also I'll have to talk to Justin about beefing up Kei to make her a true defender of America (F*** YEAH) as she is supposed to be. :D

I still have stories I want to tell with Taeli (and Vyserian), which for the most part, aren't dependent on world changing events. They're most about how she's adapting to her situation and the altered relationship with her... girlfriend/boyfriend.

I've just been extremely slow on posting. But I'm still here and have every intention in continuing to post with her. If I have her in later posts and Convention Crawl still isn't done, we'll just have to act as if those events had already happened. :)

Archived