Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, under the new gadet rules how would I go about inventing a new metal alloy? Jedi wants to create a substance similiar to the ficitonal Star Trek substance (now almost real) Transparent Aluminum.

http://phys.org/news167925273.html

So what Nate wants to do is create something stronger and permanent, a Transparent Titanium-Steel alloy. This is not terribly far beyond current material sciences. I should note that this is something he will patent, and I have purchased 5 dots in resources and this patent would be a great justification for those resources. It is also something he will be making himself in order to create his spaceship, although he wouldn't be trying to keep the material to himself, he would license manufacturers the process for making the material.

Well, if it is something in R&D right now in RL tossing a nova mind or two at it with a budget might bring it about.

I think for something almost there, that would be a 6-month project.

Something that needs more time to work on could take a year.

Something that's completely untried would take 2 years.

Nova brains are just that awesome.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Well, was just giving a rule of thumb. If it's let the good times roll, then that's probably what we were operating under anyways. :)

Oh, any news on when Karrie starts working on the Eufiber equivalent? :nana:

Okay. I am hoping to create an character for cn. I have two ideas for character creation, but still both could be quite wide and I need help in trying to shorten them down a bit to figure what he can and cannot do within reason. One is more or less at base an d octor style character. Yet also I had a few ideas on what type. I still do not know what percise one to do. Another is a artifacer character who is more or less who powers or items are base off those of video games. I am thinking of a paticular type, but it's still a bit wide so I don't know how to put it in perspective as well. I have written some ideas down for anyone interested in helping me.

Sinch it is a lvl 4 gadget it cost 8 xp but with the backing it is free to use. or a good story on how you got one sinch there is only 6 in japan plus additional one in T.C.R.I japan and a hidden one in T.C.R.I america ( it is not approved for use in america)

The medical pods are licence by Kyocera Corporation, Japan so you can get one from them made if you can afford it and contact Kyocera Corporation ( take about 3 months due to complexity )or even T.C.R.I as supreme can build it himself far faster.

It is just taking off in japan as it requires highly skilled doctors and Japnese medical branch of toyoko unvirsity is the only place that teaches and lic the Doctors to use it.

Yeah, Nova, you confused how the Gadgets and Devices operate. I would assume the gadget cost is the backing cost @ 4 dots. What would the resource cost be for a standard medical facility that was not miniaturized?

Also, with the way I've been rolling (crappy or the beasties rolling with odds that would get you kicked out of Vegas), that might be two or three more turns of combat, Carv. I might run out of QP before I run out of Boblings. :(

Hey guys. I absolutely know that I can handle 3 in CN now. Before I propose my idea, I do want to state that this is the LAST character I'm going to make for CN unless one of the characters I have drop dead (which won't be anytime soon). As such, to sell this idea further, I'd like to re-envision Mary Masters into a young Teenage Nova coming into her power.

1: She won't be combat capable right away.

2: She'll be built at 50 NP starting.

3: I'm thinking she'll be 15.

4: She'll also be of a different power set than the CoQF version since the CoQF Mary had Electrical and Magnetic Masteries, and that infringes on Rob's gimmick. I'm thinking pure gravitics, but that's something I think Rob does too. This is a work in progress and will be a little bit.

I do want her in the DSA. (America F*** YEAH!)

What can we do to hammer her into something that will be compatible with the DSA and with CN?

Also note CN Mary won't be from Minneapolis, I'm thinking she'll be from either DC or New York. And her first story Will be her eruption.

It will also be current time. Hence the low number of NPs I'm spending for her. I also ask if I can be allowed to start at Q4 instead of Q5 with Q5 not being attainable for 6 months, and then Q6 becoming available as per the rules as normal.

Before anyone asks... Mary is not active in any game anymore. I also wanted to ask if there were any objections.

I do want her in the DSA. (America F*** YEAH!)

What can we do to hammer her into something that will be compatible with the DSA and with CN?

My feel on this is initially nothing. That'd be two characters you have in the DSA, and you're proposing a PC that isn't even old enough to be employed legally. I'd rather you avoid the DSA altogether with this PC and continue to build the other elements of the game.

Honestly, I'd rather you avoid bringing in another revamped from QF character immediately after yanking her from play in QF. I know there was some emotional unpleasantness happening there, too, so I'd feel better about this if you gave it some time before even considering this.

With all that said, please remember this is my opinion, and it may vary from yours.

1: I could make Mary 18, thus making her legal (enough) to be employed.

2: The only other option that could be a "building" option with her would be Australia. Since the Australian character players are AWOL, I think to build what wasn't even there might be a creative option.

3: The emotions are gone. I'm over it. I'm actually happier for it.

4: The Kamiko situation was complicated, but having Mary here is a far simpler thing. I don't want to play Mary anymore in CoQF. Final answer. But I like her in general enough to see where she could work in CN.

I am of the thought process here, that once I bring Mary here that is THE LAST character I make fully for this game. I'm going to give it a weeks' thought. I still have normal IE as a option as well, but CN is a far more... detailed world to be in.

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't posted anything on the site for something like 2 weeks and hadn't left any updates anywhere explaining my absence. Sorry about that! RL has been very busy just lately, and I've had a lot of RL writing responsibilities that have been sucking all of the time I'd normally be putting towards writing fiction here.

In September I'll be making a trip to Southwestern Madagascar, specifically to three remote villages in the region, where I and the team I'm travelling with will be providing some medical relief aid, as well as providing education on ways in which the locals can improve their health and hygiene situation using resources they already have access to. Additionally, we will be providing education on ways in which they can improve the condition of their local wells (one of the villages doesn't even have one, and the women have to hike for 2 or 3 hours just to get water for their families) and their agriculture (there is a tendency in the region to over-farm land to the point of depletion, resulting in an almost chronic shortage of food throughout this area).

Anyway, as a part of the preparations for all of this, I've had to do a lot of letter- and email-writing, engaging in correspondence and providing updates to support partners and interested third parties. It's kept me very busy. I should be coming up on a period in our preparations where I won't have so much 'extra-curricular' work, however, so I'm planning on getting some posts up here sometime in the next week or so. Again, my apologies for not updating you all sooner!

1: I could make Mary 18, thus making her legal (enough) to be employed.

2: The only other option that could be a "building" option with her would be Australia. Since the Australian character players are AWOL, I think to build what wasn't even there might be a creative option.

3: The emotions are gone. I'm over it. I'm actually happier for it.

4: The Kamiko situation was complicated, but having Mary here is a far simpler thing. I don't want to play Mary anymore in CoQF. Final answer. But I like her in general enough to see where she could work in CN.

I am of the thought process here, that once I bring Mary here that is THE LAST character I make fully for this game. I'm going to give it a weeks' thought. I still have normal IE as a option as well, but CN is a far more... detailed world to be in.

I've decided not to roll up Mary for now. Instead I will wait for a few months to provide a cooling off period, which I feel I need after all. I may not pursue this avenue and just let this particular character die.

i keep the wording because players will aways get in the wrong end things so most nova's np pulling them self out.

but it makes great story when a bad guy uses it to get rid of the bodies. plus i saw it in anthour game so i used it.

i was also trying to make it sound darker because after all such a process would be destribing to most people. but the benfits is easly out way the negative and done it a control enviroment there is no proplem or out cry.

just look at how pigs and cow are process it is a lot cleaner.

I have to thank everyone who has made Cosmos Nova a success this month. Multiple threads, most as large group threads, and lots of plot to be had by all. You guys have been doing a great job. We earned our 25xp, that is for sure.

I particularly like to thank those in my two current plot threads (Long, Abby, and Carv), and I have to thank Carver in particular for running Underdark. She showed tremendous poise in the chaos of combat.

Archived