Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Cosmos Nova OOC

Mr Fox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carv/Karrie, I will try to keep up, but depending on how borked my connection gets at night, that may or may not be doable. I may be in for a couple hours in the morning, but that is iffy at best. I know you'll want a more regular posting schedule, but I will do what I can with what I have. It's what I've had to do before with this site, and I can do so again.

OK! So, new plan again. Under post tomorrow. I swear this will happen. It will happen if I have to storm the gates of Heaven itself. Or you know, miss out on some sleep. But, at least the reason isn't because I'm lazy - it's because my job has changed; I went from 3:30 pm until midnight to a 8 am to 5 pm day shift. I start tomorrow. Soooooooooo... Under post after I get home, probably after 7 pm CST or so.

OMG Fox... I like your Sanctum! A old zepplin hangar!

And now I got inspiration for my Sanctum... ^_^

Question: What would be the Sanctum value of a modern Zepplin, that uses a combo of Solar Power and Fuel Cells for propulsion and internal power? (Note that Hydrogen Fuel Cells are inert and won't combust/explode and I will be using Helium for the gas bags)

The other option I'm thinking is a modified Cargo Ship (one of the REALLY BIG ones) turned into a civilian aircraft carrier with helipads, a couple runways (parallel to the hull on the port and starboard side), and a modified bridge island so it's more flush with the deck. The powersource I'm not figuring out but it should be enough to operate for a few years (fusion reactor testbed for a university perhaps?) and generally spartan but comfortable quarters.

Yeah, spacecraft will be a sanctum 6, or an expensive as hell Device(or group of devices).

Either one would be probably a 5 dot sanctum, they are pretty massive concepts. You'd have to have them be mobile, multiple host, multiple igors

They may be spent later.

One thing to remember is, if you are spending XP or NP, please don't have that spending effect currently active story threads. In other words if you are in the middle of a story don't suddenly whip out a new power that you didn't have one post earlier. :) Unless the ST of that thread approves it's use, hold off using your new purchase for new threads.

You can post there before he leaves if you want, but you don't have to. I was just establishing what he's been doing for his first month with the DSA and that he's been working with you guys in the lab some.

Although, come to think of it, a post from you might be just the thing to establish what a wreck he can be when it comes to talking with pretty girls. If Karrie were to turn away from her experiment and give him her full attention and tease him or something, just good-natured, but he'd be at a loss on how to react. That would be great!

Okay let me read this right, I got hit but took no damage?

Jedi has to make a damage roll for himself (after he removes his soak dice): [15]+15d10 (includes overage on damage)

Supreme has to make a damage roll for himself (after he removes his soak dice): [15]+11d10 (includes overage on damage)

Jedi has to make a damage roll for himself (after he removes his soak dice): [15]+15d10 (includes overage on damage)

That is what was posted for damage rolls the group has to make.

I did find out a few things.

1: Naomi is WAY tougher than she looks. She has (With the armor that just broke from the blow) 21/14 Soak. She took it like a champ, but her Armor gadget just got wrecked (destroyed actually).

2: Kei is even MORE of a monster. 15/15 Armor power with 5/3 additional soak from MSta and 5/2 Soak from Stamina for a total of... 25/20 Soak.

BRING IT SQUID BOY.

Oh, I severely had to correct my Naomi post since I knew jack on how combat really worked. Everything is correct now.

Addendum: Had to make one more change due to the fact we're posting out of order.

Can I at least know what happens to Karrie, so I can edit Naomi's reaction accordingly? Since Naomi acts after Karrie? And at least be able to do so before the next turn gets posted?

Also, because I'm running this thread, I'm going to say flat out: No one's dying here. A PC reduced to below Incap stays at Incap. This might take some of the tension out but:

1. I didn't warn people that this might be a lethal encounter.
  2. There are so many different combatant levels that I literally either have to juggle attacks around or ban people from the action or...
  3. We just do the comic book thing where a hero is brought to the edge of death and survives.
  4. This way is a lot more fun than any other way. :D

Questions?

Fox/Nate:

I think you made some mistakes designing and pricing the some of the devices for Nate, according to the current Gadget/Device rules.

Teleporter Band (2pt Gadget)

This would be a Device rather, priced as if it was a power (6xp for a level 2 power, out-of-theme, or 3xp in theme, for a single dot of Teleport; Device would have Q2 and a Q-Pool of 19).

Power Core (3 dot Device): Devices don't use Options from Gadgets, they are bought as if they are just powers, though they can be merged with Gadgets that use Options.

Lets see, according to the rules:

1 dot of Quantum Conversion: 3xp

Raising Q to 5 (base 1, since that is what Quantum Conversion requires): 12xp (3xp per +1 to Q-rating)

Adding 30 QP (base 25 [15+ 2xQ-rating]): 18xp (3xp per +5 QP)

Merging Device with Gadgets into a single item (not sure that is required at the moment): 3xp

Total: 33xp (36xp merging it with a gadget)

Rules are here

Teleport I haven't actually gone back and reviewed yet under the new rules.

The Power Core... The problem is that Quantum Conversion is not it's primary purpose, that's an add-on. It's primary function is to provide quantum energy to other devices and regenerate that energy. How would you suggest building that? My thought is to build my ship one device at a time, rather than just buying it as a Sanctum Sanctorum.

Except the hull/structure of the ship, all the other parts require power, so I was going to build the power source first.

Power core

Guidance Comp

Warp engine

sublight engines

weapons

Lifesupport

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Jedi, I need some edits to your post for Under. First, you didn't use an action from the previous round for your FF activation, so I need you to either roll damage without FF activated or take away one action this round for it. Then I need you to lay out your actions in the this round, like you did for the last round. I'll give you until tomorrow to do it. After that I'll assume you'll be busy with the weekend. Please let me know if that is not so! I want to keep this rolling but not so much I step on people's toes.

I activated FF in Post #108. In the spoiler titled Actions. I didn't realize activating it was a action, so I'll lose one action this round. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post up rolls and actions later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I activated FF in Post #108. In the spoiler titled Actions. I didn't realize activating it was a action, so I'll lose one action this round. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post up rolls and actions later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Right, and I missed that you hadn't rolled for FF or taken an action for it. I'm not going get all bitchy about it, just make sure you deduct the action from this round and we'll call it all good. :D

Archived