Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 1: Back to School

Justin OOC

The final new Transfer made her way to the front of the class. She was a nondescript, normal looking young woman, with chestnut brown hair and doe-brown eyes. She bowed politely. "I am Sayoko Mitsuragi, It is a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to our classes together."

She returned to her seat and Miss Shinonji smiled. "Allright then, let's begin..."

Four hours later, it was lunch time, and for the Students of Kiyomori Academy who didn't bring their own lunch, this meant a mad rush for the better items from the booths selling food in the caffeteria, as well as the better seats. Still, students weren't required to eat there, they could eat anywhere on campus provided a class wasn't being held there.

Okay, mix and mingle as you will for lunch. If everyone goes off on their own, that's fine, it will make things move faster. Time will be allowed though for conversations between PC's if you eat together... These first chapters are about establishing character connections, habits, and fleshing out the world. I wll not post except by request, or to move plot. Have fun, and remember, the really strange stuff is later.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anne waited in the courtyard for those she had spoke to between classes. She decided the best way to make friends and connections would be to start mingling with them. Also the spot she chose was in view of the club room the aviation club uses. She knew her President, someone she referred to by his callsign; Raptor, had lately been expressing more swagger than normal in the simulators. After her near-win she checked in on it with a lower grade member of the club and found out the fuel levels on her fighter in her simulator pod were made 5% lower then they should have been at takeoff. While the exact culprit was unknown and there was no evidence of cheating, Anne has kept it tight-lipped, but she made sure wherever Raptor was he would be able to see her.

Today after classes, she was going to suit up, and challenge him to a duel tonight. The Osprey will get her prey.

But right now, her mission was diplomatic. To win the hearts and minds of the school. She knew her academic skill wouldn't do much, but showing she was a okay person to be around would help. The only disrespect she ever felt she recieved was through the classic upper classmen vs the lower grades rivalry that exists everywhere.

Best way to beat them was to make sure the Faculty saw the "Immature" actions of the upperclassmen. After all, the location she picked was also in view of the faculty lounge and the principal's office.

The majority of students didn't like sitting there unless they wanted to be alone. Most didn't want to get caught smoking or having a heated argument because it would draw the attention of faculty, and as all teenagers are want to do world-wide, they avoid "Imperial Entanglements" whenever they can.

She looks at her watch... plenty of time for conversation and eating. Although she did start eating the apple she bought from the cafeteria while waiting.

Her sandwich was in her insulated lunch bag she pulled out of her bookbag/laptop combination.

"Well, Anne, time to put on a show." She whispered to herself under the din of the students.

Ayami had smiled at each new student that was introduced, and then passed through her classes with studious attention to the teachers and a precise, efficient note taking that would ensure top marks on later tests. Once the lunch bell rang, she retrieved her lunch from her locker and made her way to the courtyard. As the year progressed her lunches in the courtyard would be interrupted with emergency meetings of this or that club, planning sessions for festivals, and all sorts of other needs that would pull her from her favorite spot or fill it with dozens of other students intent on a swift meal and then "more important" activities. For a few precious days, though, it would be quiet in her little corner of the courtyard and she could take the entire break to enjoy the meal that had been prepared for her that morning.

She smiled, sitting just the right distance apart from the new student to allow her to decide if she wanted company or not. Ayami did not want to intrude if they new student wished solitude during the lunch break, but she also did not want the foreign student to feel snubbed. She inclined her head politely and murmured, "Good afternoon, Ms. Aceworth," in nearly text-book perfect English.

"Ah. Afternoon, Madam Vice President." She said to Ayami Kuchiki. But then realizes she's not at a diplomatic function of her father's. "Oh sorry, old habits die hard. Hello, Kuchiki-san." She says, doing a shallow but still polite bow, her Japanese was dead-on.

"For early September the weather is decent. It is supposed to warm back to a decent temperature over the weekend. Might get some time out on the water for one more go on the boat before the the water gets cold. Unless my father gets called away on some diplomatic function... again."

She sighed. She spent more time alone or helping her father with diplomatic efforts than anything. Although this past summer he gave her more room, it seemed she was alone more than with others her age. Didn't help she was in a new country. Although she was happy in Japan she... still felt an outsider looking in.

"Of course I always look for an excuse to wiggle out. My dad is a sucker for me to meet new people. I guess he sees it as a hearts and minds sort of thing."

She giggles. "No need to sit so far. You're always welcome at my bench."

Kohaku was snaping pictures away at various areas. He wasn't a member of the photography club, but still like to take pictures. Plus the leader and few of the jerks there hated him due to a certain incident he cannot talk about due to certain legal issues. Even so it would be a fun story to tell, and at the right moment with the evidence he would gather be a bit of payback. He laughts to himself at that idea.

Even so he was also eating from the sack lunch he got from home. He didn't trust some of the student body here and was worried he was going to get poison even if it was not a probability. Still so far nobody seem to bother him on his photography. The paranormal group was to meet up after school anyways. He knows this by looking at the flyier on the board left there by one of the older classmates. He figure one of them was going to be it. Plus his photography gets to sometimes lets him listen into other people conversations at times without them noticing or caring.

"Kuchiki-San, Aceworth-San," came a polite voice from behind the two girls, Amara's green eyes taking them in and head offering a quick bow of respect to her Student Council superior. Intial morning exchange of conversation aside, she had kept to herself, focused on the academic task at hand, hands steadily in motion transfering the essense of the teacher's lecture into notes for further study and reference that night. She held herself with the slightest sign of uncertainty, rare in the normally stone-faced girl, book bag on her shoulder, lunch box in her hands.

"I hope I am correct in thinking that that inviatation goes for me, too," she continued, expression hopeful. This was new ground for her, too.

"Of course, Akemi-san." Anne says. "If it comforts everyone, let's speak in Japanese. I can use the practice. Although it is quite good for a foreigner."

She adjusts her blazer and smiles, pulling out a sandwich from her insulated cooler bag, that looked more like a submarine sandwich, in miniature form. Many types of meat and cheeses looked delectable.

"Forgive my tastes, but every once in a while Sushi or Rice with Noodles just doesn't cut it for me."

She smiles and opens a seat for Amara. "Thanks for saying hello."

"Kuchiki-chan!"

The exclamation was followed by the patter of feet as Sachiko dodged around a knot of underclassmen and arrowed towards the bench the other three girls were seated at.

"I need to see your notes for last period, okay? You can consider your debt to me paid in full!"

She gave Ayami a congratulatory thumbs up and a big grin to show how happy she was for her good friend. *

* OOC Note - This isn't me trying to back-build a friendship unless you want it that way. Sachi tends to be more familiar than is warranted on general principle. :)

"And what debt would that be?" Ayami asked mildly, but she was smiling. She scooted over into the actual group of students forming, nodding politely back to Amara, and pulled out her notes from her satchel. She handed them to Sachiko with only the usual admonition of, "Please do not get food on them."

She knew she shouldn't indulge her classmate, but the girls was simply infectious, and Ayami knew that there was little enough that made her really smile. Sachiko was one of those rare people, and so she allowed some slight bending of her morals around her. Slight, she reminded herself firmly. The girl would still have to do her own studying and test-taking, the notes were simply a friendly gesture.

Kohaku was looking around after a few minutes. He got kinda bored of snapping pictures. Plus he didn't want to waste all his film. He had gotten pictures of several of the new students. Well except for the new student in his class. He decides to go and get theirs before ending for the day on that project. He like to learn as much as he could on new people, never know if it helps you. Most of the time it kind of harms him. Plus this phase of him ends after a month. Most of the time he has some knowledge about the general school and who to advoid and who to try and help. He goes to the group that was forming and ask if he can take a picture of the group.

"Oh you remember," Sachi said, eagerly snatching the notebook and flipping through it to the end, then getting out her own as well. "Last term you were saying, 'Please help me,' and I was all, 'well okay, since we're best friends,' and you said,'Oh thank you, I will make it up to you!'" She pitched her voice higher to reresent Ayami's voice, even though their vocal registers were roughly the same. Even as she was talking she was also scribbling down notes as if she expected Kuchiki to grab it back any second.

"Oh, I have an extra bean bread too. It smelled too good not to buy, but then I was too full to eat it after I ate my lunch from home. You can have it if you want."

Sachiko seemed to be the kind of person who equated a future intent to offer a dubious favor with a current debt on the part of the intended favor's recipient. Or maybe she had a shred of decency after all, and was just protecting her 'rep.' As she reproduced Ayami's kanji with startling precision...perhaps she had skills in the area of forgery?...Sachiko's wristwatch started beeping. She eeped and swatted it, but it kept going. With a grumble she started pushing buttons on the sides until the beeping subsided.

The watch, on second glance, seemed slightly out of place on her wrist. It looked expensive. As sleek and black and chrome as a racing motorcycle. Its display showed the time, but a veritable horde of other numbers around it...some recognizable (temperature, air pressure) others bizarre (radiation level? etheric turbulence?). It was also stupidly complicated-looking to operate, with a maze of buttons on either side, what looked like a twistable dial built around the face, and a big red button under the display that had one kanji on it.

PUSH.

On second thought...that watch seemed to fit Sachiko perfectly, even if she would probably never be bright enough to figure out how to use it.

Anne sees the big... expensive watch and avoids her first impulse to sigh at the flagrant display of wealth, then again, that looked like a watch her dad would own. She didn't then see anything out of the ordinary and continued with her lunch.

"Interesting watch Sachiko. What company built it?"

When she sees Kohaku she pays attention, standing up and nearly spilling her soda in the process. But her pilot's reflexes save the day. Her black, lacquer looking wristbands looking like shined stone.

"Kohaku is it... I'm sorry but I don't want pictures of myself floating around the internet. While I am in a safe country all it takes is one photo and I could be marked by a kidnapper looking for ransom. Or worse."

"I'm enjoying not having a bodyguard from the embassy here at all times. Please don't give the embassy a need to change that policy."

"Eh? Oh this..."

Whatever answer Anne had coming was interrupted when Sachiko spied the camera. She immediately pointed at it.

"My image and likeness are trademarked," she declared. "If you take pictures of me, I get a royalty. A thousand yen a photo. And you're contractually obligated to warn me first so I can show my good side."

Amara had settled onto the bench and opened up her prepared lunch, tradtional fare, nothing overly fancy, when Kohaku made his offer, causing her to shake her head and comment flatly, "Best not put it anywhere you expect it to be found if you do. My Father tends to ask why people are snapping my picture. But you may if you wish."

The simple answer carried a whole bevvy of mixed implications behind her mask of an expression even as she deftly started into her meal, laquered chopsticks instruments of polite destruction. This was a girl who knew that warning him like that could scare off the others, but not doing so could get him hurt, that only on campus grounds or within the walls of her family home she wouldn't have a pair of looming bodyguards shadowing her every move. And she was okay with that. Mostly.

He understood their reasoning and left them alone. He didn't want to cause problems. Plus there was no need to cause such a stir anyways. At least he knew know to avoid right now. He never got rich kids, especially foreigners. He family was not bad in money status, but were still middle class by most people terms of it. Plus he did not want to go to the principles office on the first day of school. He had done it before, well for the past few years straight. He just hoped that he got through the day without piss somone too much off.

Anne looks to Kokaku after she sits down and sees how dejected he is. "Hey... wait a sec! I didn't say you couldn't hang out with me here. Just no pictures, is all." She smiles, giggling awkwardly. "I hope I didn't sound like I wanted you gone. I don't. Sit down."

Anne looked genuine and honest in her intent. She didn't want pictures, but she wanted to get to know those around her.

"I really don't know what to really talk about to be honest." he said. To him it been awhile since someone geniunly wanted to know about him without them wanting something out of the deal. "I am Kohaku Mizu, I am in the same class as you guys. I am 16 years old. I am a member of the supernatural club. Use to be that of the photography club till an incident lead got me kicked out of it. Due to well legal issues I am not a issue to talk of it." he said. He did not know if he should have talked at all, but felt he needed to break the ice. He seem a bit mechanically on it for a second as if he repeated the words before, but to different people. "So what did you guys and gals do when school was out?" he asked.

"Well, on the two days I had free, one day was spent getting ready to attend school here, that was yesterday." She sighs. "Then the other was mid-break, but it rained the whole day... the family was going to take the yacht out to simply enjoy things, but it was too stormy to do such a thing."

She leans up and looks at the tree that still had it's summer leaves, a couple leaves were showing signs of transition, but not much. "Would have loved to go swimming. One of the few times I relax... of course with the bodyguards around from the embassy they reaaaaaly make enjoying yourself like that hard. 'make sure we're watching you miss... wear your life jacket, miss... only 5 minutes in the ocean miss...' I probably would have heard."

She starts eating. "Must think me petty to think that's a problem..."

"Not really." he said. "Must be maddening to be locked in such an cage. Unable to do anything and at the same time having no freedom to do anything for yourself." He seem interested in what she said. Seem rather an curious person. He watches you as you were speaking.

"Has it's perks... without the hassle... I wouldn't be here. I'd be back in England, sitting at home watching Doctor Who and otherwise bored out of my skull."

She smiles. 'It's exiting here... it's fun. It's like jumping out of a perfectly good plane for the fun of it. It's... Just what I needed."

"That and the bodyguards are kept at home for now... I just don't want anything to necessitate having them here or following me around when I'm doing stuff with the aviation club."

She smiles. "Although I think my Dad has a hand in it. He sincerely loves me being free but... being I and my Dad are tied to security concerns, all it takes is one knee-jerk reaction and it's back to being home-schooled at the embassy like a convict."

"It's not that bad... I have met more interesting people over the past year than most people meet in their lives."

"For the most part, partents want to make sure their children are happy and safe. It's in their nature and what they desire. So be grateful for him taking care of you." he said with a smile. He hoped he said the right thing or figure that what she wanted to hear.

Since the camera didn't challenge her assertion, Sachiko returned to her note-copying...the alert by now would realize she wasn't limiting herself to just today's notes anymore. By some miracle she remembered the question she'd been asked and grunted, "Watch, right. It was a present...got it my last birthday. I know mom and dad can't afford something like that though, so I figure it's probably from my crazy uncle. He's supposed to be rich or in jail or something..." she shrugged, assigning either fate equal status.

"I figured as much, Kohaku. I mean... who here has worn a bulletproof vest once or twice?" She says with a smile before raising her hand for a second. She giggles.

"As for that watch... looks like something James Bond would wear." Anne says to Sachiko. She then shows off her bracelets. "I could never tell what sort of stone or metal was used to make these... but these have been passed down from daughter to daughter in my family for generations. Supposedly they bring good luck or have some sort of protective enchantment or something on them... I've heard so many legends about them. Old wives tales and superstitions to me. They just look cool."

She was, of course, lying. She knows what they do, it's saved her life 4 times so far since she first put them on.

She looks to her other companions before continuing with her sandwich.

"So everyone?... What you guys like doing for hobbies?"

She pulls out her International Pilot's Licence. "Me... I fly."

Oh, if they knew the truth of that statement... "I've gotten the chance to fly everything. Helicopters, Airplanes... even old open cockpit bi-planes. Flying is in the family blood."

"I'm the vice president of the Aviation club... and it looks like it's seen better days. Wasn't that hard to get up to that rank in the club... If it wasn't for me it would have disbanded from not having quota."

Sachiko blinked, taken aback. How the heck did a high school student find time to fly all those types of things? Helicopters were supposed to be wicked hard to fly too!

"Wow, your parents must be really loaded to be able to do all those lessons and rent the airplanes and stuff," she commented bluntly as she folded Ayumi's notebook and absently handed it back. "I didn't even know our school had an airplane club."

She snapped her fingers as an idea struck her. "You should buy us all juice to promote your club! As vice-president, it is your duty to bring in more students by any means necessary! Buying their loyalty, with juice, is a time-honored tactic used even by legendary Sun Tzu!"

In truth, Sachiko had never even read The Art of War...but she'd seen some quotes from it in a manga once, and they seemed pretty smart, so it stood to reason (her tortured version of reason) that an idea as awesome a bribery via juice would not have escaped him.

Anne giggles. "First I have to clear the toxic environment of the cult of personality around the President of the club. Raptor is a nasty customer and can't exist without his cronies. Your position in the club is based on your overall dog-fighting performance, but I have my suspicions his little rogue squadron sabotage the simulators we use. I found out my fueltank capacity during my initiation run was somehow chopped 5%."

She smiles. "But I can get him back... I know of a shop in Akihabara that has flight simulators in it. The owner doesn't allow anyone near his servers. Best place to guarantee a good, fair fight."

She clears her throat. "Sorry... I digress... I've been at this actually since I was 14, the flying stuff. I got my first licence at 16. Upgraded to international a few months ago."

She leans back and smiles. "I've also skydived, got my SCUBA certification, and know first aid. You know what's funny, Dad decided to put me through a ocean survival course... When I flew from London to Paris to see the sights he wanted to make sure if I ditched in the British channel I'd be alright until rescue arrived."

"Jeeze... now I'm bragging... I'm sorry..." She sighs, looking embarassed.

"I am fine with what I have," Amara volunteered softly before a hint of steel entered her voice, between bites, "And good luck defeating your... opponent on even terms, Aceworth-San. The weak who cheat in a way that gets them caught don't deserve their posts."

Not that there was anything wrong with handicapping a rival in her world view in it's face, but you had to be smart about it or the sharks would tear you down. Be skillful at deceit or be honest. There was no middle ground.

She cleared her throat and looked down, on less certain ground again, "As for my hobbies... I... Don't really have any nonacademic ones between my tutors and my test prep. I have too much to prove to my Father. He's very traditional in certain ways and nearly-always right, but I'm going to prove him wrong at least a little. I will."

Anne nodded. "I... never felt the need to prove anything to Father. He has always been proud of me. I just..." she pauses. "...I just don't want to fall from what I have achieved. I have stumbled and he has always let me get back up. Because he believed in me."

She sips on some milk. "I guess that's why he didn't protest when I said I want to join the RAF once I was able to by age and if and when we return to the UK. But now... I am not sure. Something about this country is drawing me in."

She sighs. "Or perhaps I'm making friends here... or at least memories I just don't want to leave behind. Maybe I'll go to university here and become a commercial pilot. I doubt the JASDF would allow me to enlist at all."

She laughs. "Golly..." She says in english.

She smiles, then walks over to a nearby vending machine and gets some juice for everyone. She is still in earshot and with the location the din of students shouting and talking is muted down.

"That was Grape, right Sachiko?" She says, returning to Japanese.

She was a clever girl... but Anne was interested in her... maybe she needs a hobby. If Anne could find a flight suit for her first...

Wow, she actually did it, thought Sachiko, bemusedly. That of course made her wonder if there was anything the gaijin would NOT do, if exhorted sufficiently. Mercifully...and because she wanted juice...she tabled that thought for later.

"Hai, arigato!" she gleefully replied, and glomped onto the can to pry forth its sweet...yet kind of sour...nutritious goodness. "Ah...that hits the spot!" she said after a long drink. "Nothing like a quick burst of energy to keep you going after lunch!"

"Of course now, I will need you to come with me when I arrange the duel today, and now you are bound to your verbal agreement in joining the club, Sachiko. Be sure to conserve that energy. Of course if you don't want to come along Miss..."

Anne grinned. She may be nice, but nothing is ever truely free, particularly when you asked for it.

Anne also made it damn clear with her tone it was only Sachiko that owed her. "Everyone else, enjoy on me."

The bell for lunch rang and Galiana was gone. There was almost a puff of dust left as she hustled for the locker her lunch was stashed in, then another cloud as she headed outside. Only there, where she could feel the warm sun and smell clean (mostly clean, this was Tokyo after all) air, did she slow down, though not by much. Without really paying much attention to the others, she headed for a tree she had seen earlier. Its low branches begged to be climbed, but they weren’t so low that most people would try them. For Gali, they were perfect.

At the base of the tree, she kicked off her shoes, then hopped on each foot in turn as she peeled her socks off and dropped them in her shoes. Her lunch bag was transferred to her teeth, getting a secure grip before she took a run at the tree. She got enough speed to get her hands around the lowest branch, then kicked her feet up and, using her legs, walked herself up the trunk. A moment later, she’d disappeared into foliage, finally relaxing completely.

Never in a hurry and always moving as a moderate, disciplined pace, Kaori retrieved her lunch from her locker and set off to prefered spot ('prefered'... as Kaori did not have 'favorites'). She paid not heed to the shoes with haphazardly tossed socks draped over them she simply cocked an eye brow to display a measure of quickly dismissed curiosity and sat down to eat her lunch. Her ears twitched a few times, acknowledging that she could hear something within the trees branches (given the shoes on the ground, the math wasn't hard for her to process) but again, she simply set about her daily lunchtime ritual.

For nearly five minutes she removed her meal from its box and neatly arranged everything in a precise order, even going so far as to make sure the markings on each dish were all perfectly aligned in a particular direction. After the meal was set it was another three or so minutes while she washed and disinfected her hands before setting her meal time napkin in her lap. Then came the small prayer, not to any religious icon that Gali was aware of, just a respectful, verbal nod her ancestors. After that ame the slow, dainty bites with precisely forty chews per swallow.

Kaori is sitting under the tree Gali has climbed up. It's the easiest way to encourage any role-play with Kaori, since she will not willingly approach people unless she has some business with them. She's not one for idle chit-chat unless it happens by accident.

Galiana watched the girl with a certain amount of trepidation. She was strange (and coming from Gali, that was saying something) and a little unnerving the way she was so careful about arranging everything. The entire meal had a feeling of ritual to it, which made the girl a priestess to Galiana. It wasn’t in the traditional manner of ‘priestess’ but it could be a homage to the universe itself.

Gali ate her sandwich – with much less care than Kaori – still watching the girl. Normally, Gali wouldn’t consider getting so close to anyone, but her experience with Ryu had given her a boost of confidence. Talking to him had been easy, so it should remain easy, right?

Her decision made, the girl climbed down to the bottom branch and then dropped to the ground. She landed in a crouch not too far from Kaori. Her descent had shaken loose bark, leaves and twigs, and a small shower rained down on them both as she landed.

For a moment, Galiana just stared, her face half-obscured behind her hair. After a moment, she understood that the girl wasn’t going to speak first. Ryu had made it easy; this one wouldn’t. Gali licked her lips and said, “I’m Galiana. Who are you?”

Ayami listened to her classmates and accepted her notes back with just a hint of grin. She shook her head at the offer of juice, already full from her lunch. "I'm a number of clubs, Aceworth-san, but sadly not the aviation club. Perhaps if this duel doesn't conflict with my own clubs, I could come watch?" she asked mildly. "It does sound exciting."

The photographer boy had come and gone and she felt a little guilty for not being more inviting to him; cameras still made her nervous and she'd retreated because of it. She made a note to find out who he was and make up for her rudeness later.

Anne nodded. "Hopefully I can square the duel today. I know for a fact none of the clubs are meeting today to allow students a day or two to ease into their routines... but I gotta settle up with Raptor." She pounds her fist into her hands. "I'm going to get him this time, I am sure of it. He's been perverting his club into his own private VIP club, letting only his friends in. But now that pool is drying up. I want to save the club and bring in a new generation."

She look to Ayami. "You are welcome to be a witness."

She then turns to her new recruit. "Of course, Sachiko, I want you to pay particular attention. Learn what you can about how an aircraft works... you seem to be one familiar with video games, yes? I hope you know how a typical flight simulator game works."

Sachi had been off in her little world, drinking the hard-won juice when she heard her name and looked around. "Hmm?"

The phrases about 'paying attention' and 'learning how an aircraft works' sailed over her head, leaving little white contrails in one's imagination, if one was so inclined to imagine them. She was no more substantial than a cloud to such things.

Mention of video games, however, solidified her with an audible thump as she picked herself up and sat back down facing towards Anne. Her somewhat-unimpressive chest inflated as she prepared to boast.

"Familiar with video games? HAH! That is so much of an understatement that it's practically an insult to my honor! You're looking at the top local regional scorer for Blood Platoon, Scream of Battle, Duty Calls, and, of course, Fight On The Streets Five, Theta-Kappa-Omega. Just knowing I'm on the LADDER is enough to make seasoned players find new games to play! Like Mount Fuji, I tower over all others and CANNOT BE MOVED!"

She stood up and put one foot on the bench to strike a heroic pose. With the wind gently rustling her hair, and her far-off, skyward look of determination, it kind of even worked.

"It is my sacred duty to hold the line, and stop any and all who seek to claim the crown for themselves cold in their tracks! That is my purpose!"

Then she relaxed a bit and added in a more normal tone, "At the local regional level, at least."

With that, Sachiko sat back down, patted her skirt smooth again, and finished off her juice. She lobbed the can at the nearest trash bin and sighed heavily when it fell short, clanking on the ground.

Anne smiles... for she has found a lure. "Good... but if you want to be a member of the Aviation Club, you also will participate in our different extracurricular activities."

She stands up, pacing in front of her. "For instance outside of the simulator, we do things like visiting airports to learn about aircraft, taking with JASDF pilots, we even get to do some ditching training... well in a pool and it's not the helicopter ditch training that's too dangerous, but we get to do a simulated parachute water landing with the gear and everything..."

She adjusts her uniform, knowing she already is fully trained. But loves doing it anyways. "Oh... and at some point you will have to face me."

She stands in front of Sachiko. "And in the Simulator, I'm #9 in the world."

"And you need a proper callsign, once you've had your first taste of flying."

Archived