A possible end... read on. (Now availiablity updates)

Sailor OOC

Things are sketchy right now. A couple weeks ago there was some hope that things would work out on my end. Things may still work out but after the end of this month, there may come a time in March, not sure when, but there may be a time I disappear.

From that point there are 5 distinct possibilities. Ordered from best case to worst case. Most likely in Bold.

1: Things stabilize in the next couple weeks after posting this. Cancel red alert

2: This period of time is temporary as Silv's situation is stabilized and things are running smooth again. If this is the case my absence may only be a couple weeks at most.

3: I know someone who has a laptop they may let me "borrow" until either I get a connection of my own at home, or make it indefinite if they get a new one. He's a very old friend (known longer than Silv) and understands my situation (Fellow Nerd and Otaku). I have regular access to a wireless connection (My FLGS), and if I can get this laptop, People here might not even notice a change in posting patterns other than I'm not a night owl anymore. (Note, I just discovered a open connection near my home I can piggy-back on. I doubt my sipping their connection for this site will be noticed.)

4: My internet access goes to a bare minimum of a couple times a week, and that is for only a few hours each "window" as friends let me use their laptops for posting, or have access to a machine for a couple hours that has access.

5: I am completely shut off from the internet and this period could last a minimum of a year. Potentially longer.

I thought I would put this warning out to everyone here since if I in fact disappear for an extraordinarily long time, this is why.

I will try to set my characters into positions where If I do drop off the face of the earth for an extended period, I will not disrupt any stories or stop any plots dead in their tracks.

I will keep going with the games I am already in currently, but will when the time comes start withdrawing into a "hibernative state" with my characters in a systematic way. By the end of the month if there is no luck on my end, I will put up a final notice of intent to start a open-ended sabbatical from RPGPost.

Characters Effected:

IE: The Professor

CoQF: Kamiko

CoQF: Ensign Minneapolis

LCU!: Superball

NE: Osprey

Shadows: Anne

MA: Katrina

MH: Sakurako (Still Under Construction)

Note: Also due to RL situations here, seeing me on past Friday Afternoons will be a thing of the past.

Update. And it is a good one.

I will be okay. A old friend is letting me borrow his lappy until either my sitch stabilizes, or I am able to get a home connection.

If he gets a new lappy soon, I get to keep it.

So... here is how things will work. I am posting from a FLGS, so my posting will match the hours it's open. I will post a schedule for the store if things warrant it.

Okay here's the store schedule (Central Time)...

Monday - Thursday: 2pm to 10pm (Certain Booster Drafts or tourneys may push the store open later.)

Fridays: 2pm to past 10pm (Due to Friday Night Magic)

Saturday: 2 to 10pm (Some saturdays I may not be on depending on events at the store or social life)

Sunday: 12pm to 6pm (Sundays are my TT games so don't expect much from me on Sundays.)

Thought I would to an addendum to this.

Over the warm months I can go to the park to post. There is free wi-fi there. So... might just walk down to the park and do posting. I have a battery that lasts 2 to 4 hours (old laptop) so I might have to do these park logins before and after FLGS sessions.

Also, as always I got a junky open router I can sip off of. Just expect me to drop in chat... alot.

Ok, scenario #3 seems to be what is going to happen. I am hoping Silv's situation stabilizes, but I am not optimistic. I just hope he has a soft landing.

As for me I got a new gameplan that when complete will change things for me in a positive way. Once things line up I'll start filling folks in.

As for now I am most reliably on from my FLGS.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a change of schedule for the FLGS.

Monday - Thursday: 2pm to 10pm (Certain Booster Drafts or tourneys may push the store open later.)

Fridays: 2pm to 10pm (Or Later due to Friday Night Magic)

Saturday: Noon to 10pm (Some saturdays I may not be on depending on events at the store or social life)

Sunday: Noon to 6pm (Sundays are my TT games so don't expect much from me on Sundays.)

Also the Silv front is improving. I don't wanna jinx it so either I or the man himself will update soon. In a week or so.

Archived