Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude] Take flight young man. [FIN]

Ling

"Perhaps, dragons are mysterious and they vary the world over, would be ignorant to only believe in one nations past." A sly grin formed over the dragon's face, "of course you can trust me, but can you trust your virtue to yourself alone with me?" he bared his fangs, he was enjoying the game and possible publicity, she couldn't be serious in any of this, she had to be playing. "I do like playing the villian, but it's more the confidence of the role, I am unsure how I would do in a psycho killer, or any other kind of odd villian archetype."

He sat back in his large chair, slightly regal and poised, "so what else is it you enjoy other than flying around, being a model and playing fun games?"

"You'd be surprised how much time those three things consume out of my average week," the young metamorph answered, leaning back in her own chair and pausing as the drinks were delivered. It wasn't a lie if one was rather generous in what you called 'fun games'.

"But I do dabble in a few hobbies to keep me human and sane. Painting. Sculpture. Dance, much as I haven't had time to go out and indulge myself there fully for what seems like months. Family time," she continued, "The rest I'd rather save for a more private locale away from eager ears wagging tongues even if you persuade me to share *all* of it to even my surprise."

It was amazing how much talk of quiet revolution could sound like innuendo, especially coming from someone like Coraline.

"Of course of course," he smiled politely and sipped his drink. Coraline returned the smile in kind and the two chatted mild dinner conversation and enjoyed their meals. At the end the check was paid and they agreed to go someplace "private". They flew off and entered the Congo alone landing in a small clearing at the top of a ledge. The view was breathtaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived