Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude] Last Will and Testament [FIN]

Sailor OOC

"Oh, I can go whenever you need me too. I'll get everyone home ... and Kami-chan ... Good luck. Stay on target, OK Gold Leader?" Star says ... one finishing the other's sentence.

Red Star got up, walked over and gave Kami a hug ... while the other dowloaded the rest of the files they had been planning on looking at.

"Wherever people want to go, tickets to ride are free today!"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kamiko smiles. She feels it may be the last one she has in a while.

"Eyeryone... thanks.

I sort of have to get this out so that everyone knows my intent. I've... I've been far too nieve in my approach. There are those that would wish to extinguish us. To stop the potential of Novakind. It's not because of an inherent trait within Humankind, it is that a certain number of people are uncomfortable with losing power. It scares them and they will go to any legnth, even genocide, to stop what could be accomplished.

I love peace.

I love peace like anyone does.

But conflict... war is coming. I am afraid before this is all over we might not see eachother again. One of us, or maybe all of us, may not be able to..."

She holds back a sniffle. "...be able to make it back an the other side of all this..."

"It's been an honor and a priveledge to know all of you. And I hope in what's to come... I would hope you are proud to have me stand by you."

She turns to Shaman. "Shaman, look after your Father, and hold the family together. I hope when this settles down that your father's Kingdom stands united in victory."

Then she turns to the Stars, standing at attention. "Captains... It has always been an honor serving GNS and I will endeavor to uphold the honor of the fleet, ma'am."

She stands at ease. "If... if something happens to me... either in the conflict ahead, or this last demon I have to face to know I can survive... the Bibliotheca Sacra is yours, Star. All of Metahumanity's achievments... But if Dan is still around this place is his... He built it, after all."

She turns and starts walking to Mary. She turns towards her friends one last time. "I will get a hold of everyone again within a fortnight... if not... don't think ill of what I have done. Or what I may have to do in the future."

She turns back to Mary. "I'm ready."

Mary nods and leads Kamiko back into the archive room.

"Dan!" Kamiko shouts. "Star's volunteered to take Shaman back."

She walks into the archive, seeing Dan was still reading. "And it's time... either I'm ready or I am not. No more second guessing. To hell with my doubts."

This wasn't confidence in her body language. There was fear, but also acceptance. As if a weight was beginning to lift from her shoulders.

"Didn't have to go far with the melodramatics, Shakespeare... In fact that's your name from now on. Miss Shakespeare."

Mary smirks. "Can't afford to be a kid anymore. You're in our world now."

"What was it that the great Bard himself said... oh... There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamed up in your philosophy?"

She walks up and pokes Kamiko's glasses, pushing them up. There was no sign of malice, but Mary was enjoying her role.

"I'm ready when you are, Starseed."

He then turns to Kamiko,

"One idea: you should contact certain 'Big Brains' and get them to help without telling them about the existance of this place. I'm sure there is information out there that is kept only in the minds of certain folks, and that may be crucial in the future."

He gave Kami a smile and turned to go.

Kamiko sits down on a bench. She knows what is coming. In a indeterminate amount of time, she was going straight to the 9th level of hell. The only thing that was going to keep her from pissing on her skirt was the fact that there was absolutely nothing she could do now. She knows what she would receive from Dan if she didn't give her all. It pained her.

Her mind begins to analyse the tactical information she did have. Mary was the biggest question mark. All she knew was archival information from her Heyday as a Public Defender. Dan was more known, but even he didn't have all his cards on the table. Then she looked at herself.

"Sonuvabitch they're gonna kill me..." Kamiko thinks, looking down at the floor. Her fear was starting to stain the walls. It was painfully obvious now.

-FIN.

Archived