Mutants & Masterminds: Struggles of Iannin - Fifth Age of Iannin - recruiting 1 or 2

Ouroboros

I'm looking to beef up and round out the roster a little for the Fifth Age of Iannin game.

Characters need to be able to start on Ki'nin'ay Island, preferably in Bib'ney itself, without having just walked off the boat (since there have been no winds for over a week and no ship in to port during that time).

Characters are PL 7 and the group is strongly looking for rogue or mage type characters (we have a fighter and a paladin-archer already).

As far as a player requirement. At least some knowledge or willingness to read up on the Iannin setting is desired. The ability to make regular posts roughly once daily Monday through Friday is desired/required. We three have thus far kept the game moving along and I'd like to maintain our pace where possible. A working knowledge of M&M 3e is useful, but I'm willing to go slow and explain rules where needed.

The Fifth Age of Iannin is the game I am running, currently it just had Forge and Adrian for players. Forge and I wanted to make sure we were able to have players who could keep up a pace that would allow for stories to move along at a good pace and plots to actually be resolved a few times a year; hence the mostly once daily posting rate (again M-F only) to ensure that things didn't bog down. I'm doing my best to keep things light and interesting and keep the pace up.

I should note for the benefit of anybody considering this, that a "mage role" in this game need not be a "wizard" or even a spell caster. Primarily the role needs to utilize a slightly more effect driven power system (to give the group some additional flexibility) and also have Knowledge (Magic) and similar skills (something the group lacks entirely).

I'd be interested in rogue-ing out, if you'd have me. I've been reading the setting notes, and wanting to get into a fantasy game for a while. I don't know much about M&M, but I live very close to an RPG hobby store, and have money. I would probably be a pickpocket/con man living on the streets. Let me know.

If you've got the time and willingness to learn a new system (and it sounds like you do), I've got the space and am willing to have you. To help us both out I will make mention of the fact that the game will not stay island/city based and will have various amount of adventuring out in the world, so you should build a willingness and capability for that into your character; for your own sake as much as mine as GM.

Insofar as character generation goes, we can proceed without you having a book if you want me to take your descriptive elements and translate them into game context if you want to "try before you buy" such as it is. Your call.

Archived