Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude.Delta] The Wages of Sin

Quantum Fire

As the conversation between the various groups continued, it seemed that with Infinity's transformation and Divis Mal's sudden entrance that the matters being discussed had fallen to the background, but those with the ears to hear could make out discussion between the various individuals continuing, there was some take between Geyron and a few others of nova vigiliance about approaching the Cult or the Anisvasi and seeing what connections could be explored, and the Casablanca's were definately discussion the matter with each other.. but they were often part of more then one faction. And even though Narcosis wasn't happy with them at the moment, there was some talk with a few members of pandemonium about keeping up ties.. the Harvesters were more philosophical about those of thier own who had joined the new faction, neither happy nor unhappy about it, they seemed willing to encourage those of their own who were interested to take a look at the Mirror Queen and Sin Eater's group.

It was Caroline Fong's approach however that was the most interesting, she hadn't really joined or considered herself part of a faction sense her exit from Chrysalis, spending the last few years exploring the changed Teragen from what she remembered, and avoiding entanglements with any of the factions as she got to know them. She had spent much of this meeting closer to Sakura, quietly offering the other woman her support and company, but now she approached Chang and Lucrecia, though not interrupting whatever Surtr wanted to say to them.. yet.

Meanwhile, Norman moved from Cora's side a moment to walk over to his friend Infinity and put a hand on her shoulder, gave her and Puck a smile and a wink. "Take care of her, brother." He then returned to Coraline's side, where she was speaking with Stargazer. "So, what do you think of our gathering?"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Come back when you're done, Yokiko. I'll call to arrange something later if we don't meet again tonight," Coraline offered to the star-eyed girl friendily enough, giving herself time to not vocalize her disapointment at Norman's failure to contribute more actively to the conversation. She had missed his wit and ability to hide what he was thinking from her, but he was rather lighter on the former and heavy on the latter, at least here and now. She'd mention it later. In private.

"Educational," she offered warmly to the azure Terat, "I haven't seen this many novas in one room in my entire life, let alone so many well-known ones. It's very interesting, especially looking at it with my eyes, even before Infinity's sudden Apothesis. My first time seeing one on the quantum *and* physical levels at the same time. Something to think on for later. Not that I antisipate having too much time for heavy thinking in the next few days."

The metamorph chuckled and molded up against him again, telegraphing how and with whom she intended to be distracted from heavy thinking. It had been too long.

Yokiko nodded. "Count on it Cora."

She smiled as she made her way over to Infinity, surrounded as she was by Puck and and Potential, her brother. She looked to be really upset, and the Young Time bending space explorer looked at her and her smile didn't seem to fade. Infinity had never treated her as a freak, and in turn, She'd never treated infinity as a nova in name only. While Infinity paled in beauty compared to Cora, she was beyond any human woman.

Yokiko smiled as she walked up to them, smiling at the men and to Infinity. "Infinity, it's so good to see you again." Yokiko had been gone a little over a year, and she spared the other two a nod. "Puck, a..pleasure as always. Potential, good to see you too." So many faces she recognized from the Nursery, she was happy.

"I was going to come and congratulate you on your speech but Surtr beat me to the punch." her eyes narrowed and she smiled. "You've definitely changed, while I was away, and just now." She was totally genuine, a rarity in the movement these days. She Was the same as she had alwsy been, shy, quiet and polite, with a truly exotic appearance. "For the better."

• 4 weeks later...

Archived