Mutants & Masterminds:New M&M3 Game in the planning/recruitment stage!

Mary Masters

Tommy,

I do think you may be a bit too harsh on yourself. In terms of GM' ing a game, I can imagine it's not for everyone - there's a lot of time involved, a lot of creation and people asking lots of questions and wanting answers. But I doubt you'd be considered a faillure as a player.

You see, if you feel you have varying amounts of energy to invest in a game, all you have to do is say so in advance and people will take it into account. I think the important thing is not to get hung up on details, to let things come creatively when they come and otherwise be content to sometimes sail the winds of whatever others create. It helps a lot if you can use others' input, support and stories to work into your own.

Perhaps running a game isn't for you, as I said I would find that very understandable. But don't take it personally, don't think you fail as a player/GM because of it.

I, for one, don't think that way.

Anatoly's right. Honestly, you did the brave thing here: after putting yourself out there, you realized this wasn't working for whatever reason and shuttered the game. I've had that happen more than once, and I always find it very hard to put up the post shutting it down. You did so before getting people invested in posts. :) So relax - its all good. The point here is to have fun, and if you're not having fun, then what's the point?

• 1 month later...

Guys.

Things might be looking up at the Bibliotheca Sacra here... In other words alot of pressure might be finally off my back for the forseeable. As such, my muse has regenerated (and she's hawt now.) and it has been bugging me about something.

Namely this.

It was a brilliant plan. It could have been something brilliant and I let it fail.

Time to remedy this. Once I know things are more stable THIS WILL be revived. If you're interested once more, please respond. Same world, same characters (if you wish), no changes otherwise.

Okay- Couple of caveats.

1: Dave - You are more than welcome to join. Post your concept, stats, whatever here.

2: I still can use NPCs, both for faculty and for potential villains.

3: Everything else mentioned here is definitely still in play.

4: Once everyone is set up I will manage the final list. You have until the end of the month to state whether you are in or out.

5: The potential starting date will be Feb. 1, I am sure I'll have 100% assurance of my fate by then. I am positive things are improving, but I wanna make sure all I's are dotted and T's are crossed.

6: There is a school uniform and a team uniform. Designs will be posted next week.

Archived