Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - Lake City Universe - General OOC

Heritage

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on having Chosen delete that last two posts on the General Info thread to clean it up, but wanted to preserve those posts for posterity:

Any word on when the Alliance game is starting?

Couldn't help but wonder if the Orthi have anthing to do with this:

A∴A∴

The nomeclature is similar enough...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey all. I'm a new player looking to see if it would be possible to join a group. I have done some rping by forum posts before mostly HERO system. I have read M&M is also about the superhero genre which is my favorite so that's why I decided to get in touch. I figured your OOC thread was the best place to post this so it wouldn't clutter up your storylines. Hope to hear from you all and thanks in advance for any response.

So sorry my posting has been slow of late; I'm working a lot of hours, the college I normally post from is in summer hours and the NATO summit's in town, so there's a lot of general disruption. I hope to have a nice chunk of time early tomorrow to post in both my games.

On the plus side, after this weekend I'm done paying for classes at Second City, so that's an extra 50 bucks a week I'm getting back; I'm gonna look into cheap internet for my home, and hopefully can afford it.

Oh that's great!

For what you do, look into getting the lowest mbps connection you can get from your cable company. Around here that is 10mbps. Should run about mid-20s in price.

That's probably what I will do once I am able.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So for those of you who were not in chat when I announced it, I lost my job this past weekend; oddly enough, this might lead to me being online more than I have been of late, but a large chunk of that time will be spent job hunting, of course. Please bear with me as I deal with this latest challenge life has thrown my way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For the benefit of a few major plot points that will come up, let's assume the following:

1. Mike, the man who put the whole team together, has been out of town since the events at the end of The Early Bird Killer.

2. He has not met Sigil, though he may well know of her existence.

This might seem like a stretch, but it has only been two weeks and the guy has other financial interests to attend to; most importantly, it make my job a lot easier and allows for future roleplaying moments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently, and I think I've come to a somewhat painful realization: if I want to make it as a comic book writer, I have to make some sacrifices. In other words, I think I need to retire this game.

When i first started this game, one of the big reasons was to force me to detail the Lake City Universe, the same universe my comic is set in; I was putzing around and not getting much done, and I thought I fire under my ass would help. I fleshed out a lot of things through answering peoples questions and coming up with missions and such, and for a while the game had priority, which was cool. I had a lot of fun running things for all of you guys.

But in the last month or so, all of a sudden the comic has really started to gel, to the point where I actually want to produce the damn thing and see it in my hands. And at that point, running this came became much harder; for every ten ideas I got for the comic, I had one or two for the game, and my enthusiasm began to wane. I tried very hard to force my creative process and find more excitement in the current storyline. but it hasn't been working.

Mind you, this is is NO WAY a reflection on you guys as players; you consistently surprised me and forced me to think up cool shit on the spot. But if my mind is elsewhere, I'm not giving you guys a fair shake at a good game. I am a strong believer in the principle that a GM who is dissatisfied with his game is not doing his players any favors by keeping it going on life support. I also hate it when GMs just disappear and leave everyone hanging.

I have killed many games in the past, and it is never pleasant, but I prefer it to the alternative; a half-assed effort with a low posting rate that keeps a glimmer of hope in the hearts of frustrated gamers. I still plan to be an active member of the site, and look forward to playing with you all.

it's been awesome, folks!

Heri, thanks for letting us know before it dragged on and sputtered out. It's hard to shut down any game, especially one where the PCs still have a fire for but you don't. But that's the better choice, ultimately--an ST has to have a fire for his/her game. Plus, RL comes first.

And yeah... totally let us know when we can buy a copy of the comic. :D

Archived