Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

Okay, got the two casefiles started for the Early Bird Killer (I totally forgot to include the time of death in the earlier posts, making this name rather puzzling) and Grimalkin; more will be added to both of these shortly.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a slight edit to the last post, showing that Bo drove the team to the scene. Also the killer is being called 'the Early Bird' because he attacks his victims shortly before dawn, a fact I somehow totally forgot to include in all previous discussions :rolleyes:

I dropped a rank from some of my offensive powers, removed comms from my array, and took a -1 to parry to make the comms work outside of the array. The Mental Powers profile helped as it showed that I didn't need to have two way as an extra, nor did I really need selective and area. Its much shorter range and maybe not quite the same as it was before in terms of getting everybody on one channel all at once, but this should work.

This is still the OOC for the HoH threads? I really would like to see a new OOC for the Early Bird Killer so we won't have to root through this just to figure out what's what?

Please note, I edited my IC post to be a little more HH, and a little less writers block.

For now, I'm going to make an attempt at an Expertise check on any of the evidence they have on hand. Since you said that Ex: Popo is required for skills leading up to the arrest I'll use my new modifier for that at +5.

The result is an 18:

[quotemyname] 9:12 am: Expertise Police Officer (+5)
[jameson] 9:12 am: it's always been /d
quotemyname *rolls* 1d20: 13+5: 18
[jameson] 9:12 am: huzzah!
[jameson] 9:13 am: what was your TN?
[quotemyname] 9:13 am: 18 is pretty solid. I'm not entirely sure that I want to blow my HP this early in the thread, so ... Witness?
[Carver] 9:13 am: I avow that I witnessed this roll, on the 19th day of the 6th month, 2012.[/CODE]

EDIT: I was asked why I was rolling. I'm just trying to help out with an IN CASE roll so that way Heritage doesn't have to wait on me if he needs a roll.

Also, this is a thing:

[media=]

Just another one of those songs that Speaks to me about this character :)

Halo Lyrics

Like a prophet of doom

I have come to show the way

I'm the Devil you keep inside

'Cause it's all I can do to stay silent and remain

Watching all of your days pass you by

But the time has come

To throw your halo down

We may never live forever

So you better live for now

Don't deny it

What you need ain't in the clouds

Here it comes, here it comes

Time to dirty up your halo

But the time has come

To throw your halo down

Don't deny it

But the time has come

To throw your halo down

Don't deny it

You will not obey, you will not obey - defy it

I will lead the way, I will lead the way to bring you down

But the time has come

To throw your halo down

Don't deny it

Put down your halo

Put down your halo

Time to dirty up your halo now

I dropped a rank from some of my offensive powers, removed comms from my array, and took a -1 to parry to make the comms work outside of the array. The Mental Powers profile helped as it showed that I didn't need to have two way as an extra, nor did I really need selective and area. Its much shorter range and maybe not quite the same as it was before in terms of getting everybody on one channel all at once, but this should work.

So possibly the biggest change is that you can maintain a link without dropping your other mental powers, right? So is this just two way between you and another person? The sheet looks fine, I just wanted to be clear.

If it's okay with folks, I think I'm just gonna give you all what amounts to a free point of Equipment and just say you've all got comms, and just be done with it; if you need to talk to your team, they can hear you. For dramatic purposes, I of course retain the right to give you HP and say the comms aren't working from time to time.

• 8 months later...

Due to some... realizations, I am going to have to bow out.

I got alot of character-bleed going on between characters and I have to pare back to what I can run safely.

I got SB to a point where she can be NPC'd.

I think this will be for the better overall.

lol...of course I had Sigil take a breather right before a good scene she might have been useful to have around in. :)

She was alive and even in the same part of the world as some of the things Colby's talking about.

Well, maybe it's for the best she's not with y'all now. This is Hellhound's moment...so it actually works out rather well...

I dunno. If you feel like your character would have some useful input, by all means feel free to have her fey senses tingling and have her breeze (literally) back in. Or perhaps she's returning to take up Russ' offer to shoulder the burden of Naomi's 'deal' (which would be good practice for him).

Please don't feel like you're being kept out of that conversation. If you want to jump back in, it's all you :)

Oh no no, I'm not being kept out. It was my action, in-character, that caused Sigil not to be there. That was my doing not anyone else's.

So no blame is attached here. I'm just ruminating on whether or not to abrogate my previous plans to bring her back more abruptly than I'd wanted. And if that's really necessary. I mean, she doesn't have to be in every scene involving magic. It might be more interesting in fact, if Russell and she talk about the matter later.

My inclination is not to have her come back. I had something specific in mind for her when I had her go, and it feels weird to just have her change her mind and come back early.

As for the agreement betwixt she and Naomi...if she formally joins the teen gang, that agreement becomes irrelevant. No need to spent time or angst on it. She was motivated to do it because at the time she wasn't sure who y'all were or if you could be trusted or what the deal was.

So no blame is attached here. I'm just ruminating on whether or not to abrogate my previous plans to bring her back more abruptly than I'd wanted. And if that's really necessary. I mean, she doesn't have to be in every scene involving magic. It might be more interesting in fact, if Russell and she talk about the matter later.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

• 1 month later...

Archived