Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - Clearing Thoughts

Maia

Maia nodded. "I understand."

She smiled, one that said she really did. "I haven't been able to try everything yet, but I think there's some other things I can do, aside from what i've already done, that are far beyond what I thought possible."

She sat down next to her and nodded. "Do you regret staying with us Epiphany?"

Epiphany's brow furrowed, "Regret? Never. Well . . . more like, I sometimes wish things could have been different, that I could still have my parents. But I wouldn't want to have missed staying with you. Even if I get frustrated or upset, we're still family. Though I havn't always been able to see that. But no matter what might have been, I wouldn't be the person I am if things had gone differently. I love you all, and no matter how much I sometimes wish things were different, that will never change."

"We love you too Epiphany, never forget that. We may all disagree at times, we may disappoint each other, but we are family. I wish we'd all gotten more time with our parents, but we can't."

She smiled. "You will always have your parents, here." She pats Epiphany's chest over her heart. "They'll always be in your heart, and in your memories. I was very young when I lost my parents, but what i do remember, is quite clear." It was the first time in some time Epiphany had actually seen the saddened smile on Maia's face.

"I think part of the reason I agreed to be a model was it's a connection to my mother, something she loved." That same sad smile again. "I can see why, it's actually pretty fun. Though I admit, having Cora and Marina there helps."

Cora's name brought a flash of emotion Epiphany could feel, and it was confusing. Cora made Maia Apprehensive.

Epiphany furrowed her brow slightly at Maia's emotional reaction to Cora. "Honestly, I'm glad I didn't have to take the contract. I have a hard enough time interacting with people, but you three are doing great. I'm sure your mother would love that you followed in her footsteps with that. My mom was all about singing and dancing, mostly dancing. She was . . . amazing. But she didn't dance for people. She had a performance right after she erupted and it started a mob all trying to posses her, after that, she only dance in private or with family. I sometimes think she could have stopped the world with her dancing. Actually, she sang once and some idiot reporter broadcast it live over the radio. She didn't know he was there, but she still blamed herself for the accidents that occurred because of it.

"Sometimes I think about going and finding them. I miss them alot, but there's so much that needs to be done, people who need to be saved and protected here. So I don't, it's an ache that doesn't go away, the hole where they should be. But they arn't my only family anymore. And for all that I love and miss them, I wouldn't give up all of you.

"But . . . Maia . . . is something . . . is there something going on with you and Cora? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but . . . I'm here if you want to talk."

Maia sighed. "Cora's becoming more and more militant about certain things.She advocates more action against Proteus, and of course the sterility issue."

"While I agree we need to do something, escalating things isn't it, unless we're all prepared for it. I'm worried something's going to happen and go wrong."

"They were waiting for me, watching Justin and I, Epiphany. I worry they're doing the same any time any of us go out alone, or in small groups looking for an opportunity to strike."

She shook her head.

• 2 weeks later...

Epiphany's brow wrinkles at Maia's words. "Something has to be done. But I can't see violence as doing anything but causing more violence. I just want to do the right thing. I don't know what the answer is though."

[[i'm okay with this thread wrapping up, sorry for the delay.]]

Archived