Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - [SFP #1] Loose Ends and Last Luxuries (Incomplete)

Moira Fitzgerald

"Alright, so a quick review, Dr. Fitzgerald.. to make sure we've covered all our bases?"

"That would be fine, Andrew. Please proceed."

"I, Moira Fitzgerald, resident in the city of Colorado Springs, County of El Paso, State of Colorado, being of sound mind and disposing memory and not acting under duress or undue influence, and fully understanding the nature and extent of all my property and of this disposition thereof, do hereby make, publish, and declare this document to be my Last Will and Testament-"

"Yes, yes, Andrew.. just the highlights, if you would. I have a dinner reservation."

"Ah.. yes. Of course. Let's see then.. all historical artifacts are to be donated to various museums and libraries, including but not limited to the Art Institue of Chicago, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, the Library of Congress.. ah, perhaps you'd just like to review the list briefly?"

"Certainly."

"...everything look alright?"

"Yes, this is all correct. Proceed."

"Excellent. Let's see. All items related to the care and maintenance of your cat are to be inherited by a Miss Jennifer Anne Stewart, along with a one-time stipend of twenty thousand U.S. dollars in order to compensate for any future care and maintenance costs associated with ownership of said animal. If said animal has passed away at the time of this will's execution, the stipend is null and void. Who is this woman again, Dr. Fitzgerald?"

"A UCCS student working on her master's degree in sociology. She's a very bright young woman with an impressive career ahead of her. Also, she cares for the house and the cat in my absence, so she'll be notifying my accountant if there are any maintenance issues that need to be addressed. Susan will be in contact with you monthly so that you can review the expenses and make sure everything is as it should be."

"Alright. Let's see. All clothing and personal care items to be donated to the Colorado Springs Women's Shelter. All other possessions, including your place of residence, are to be liquidated. All proceeds and assets to be split 90/10 between the American Anthropological Association and the Chicago Botanic Garden. That's ninety percent to the AAA and ten percent to the gardens. Correct?"

"Yes, that is also correct."

"Both societies will be honored, I'm sure, Doctor. Hopefully we'll be keeping you with us for awhile, though. How long are you planning on being away?"

"Honestly, Andrew, it's completely up in the air. I may be gone for years, and I will most likely be completely out of contact. The military will, of course, notify you if the will is to be executed."

"Of course. And if anything happens to me in your absence, then one of my partners will take over your file. So that's it.. everything appears to be in line. Have a safe and productive trip, Dr. Fitzgerald, wherever you're going."

Moira stood up and smiled politely, exchanging a firm and professional handshake with her lawyer before picking up her briefcase and purse and stepping out of his office.

Archived