Jillian Johnson

26th of August

The Refuge was more and more abandoned. Most people were moving or had already moved and only a skeleton crew remained to look after the place.

Jill still didn’t know if she should stay or go. There were too many things here that reminded her of... Violet and it hurt each time she looked back. On the other hand the thought of leaving felt wrong somehow. As if she would stop caring about the place and there was so much work they had put into building the various structures or even more simple things like tools, weapons and bolts for everyday use.

It had been almost 2 months now since her becoming as James always spoke of it and she was still struggling with it. She absolutely loved the changes, especially the strength she now possessed but she wasn’t the strongest around. Still it felt amazing to lift impossible weights and simply work with metal like never before.

Jill always had an affinity for her craft but having the ability to actually bend the material to her will and practically merge with it gave her entirely new and different options to work with it. She could create new compositions of metal – flexible and yet unbreakable for example – or she could make them sharp unlike any other tool or process could ever achieve.

Creating simple tools and bolts for the new ‘Refuge’ was now a simple task for her and she could salvage more material with less loss. If she only had possessed these powers before then she would’ve been able created an impregnable fortress, or at least something very close to it.

Jill surveyed her resources and the list of request she had received which was mostly requests from Captain Fox and Dan who were practically in charge of the move. Jill sighed as her eyes set on the huge titanium sheets Kristin had brought. They were from a plane crash site and Kristin had requested to have a sword made out of it.

Kristin... even now after she had become she still envied her. While Jill looked larger and stronger than the younger woman/girl Kristin was stronger than her. At first Jill had thought that she was doing something wrong. She had no concept of how their powers really worked, she simply pushed and found herself able to do feats she was incapable of before. Yet she had believed that everyone had the same strength once you went super. Of course that was not the case – some where still stronger than others.

The young woman was sitting just across and watching what Jill was doing. Their relationship was somewhat uncertain since Kristin rescued Jill from certain death and then Jill suddenly became instead of turning into a Zed. Jill tried to avoid the subject and actually did a lot to steer out of Kristin’s way which wasn’t really difficult but the two women shared a lot, more than many knew. They both were addicted to Violet and while Jill had managed to break free by seeking death she wasn’t sure how Kristin was dealing with it. And Jill wasn’t sure what would happen should she and Violet be in the same room... she’d probably lose her mind entirely and beg her to take her back.

“I won’t!”, Jill spat out angrily and suddenly gasped. She looked at Kristin with an apolegetic look and swallowed hard. “I’m sorry, this wasn’t directed at you. I was just thinking about...”, she left it unspoken but maybe Kristin had enough empathy to pick up what was keeping Jill so troubled.

Kristin gave Jill a one-shoulder shrug, nodding. Jill had her problems with Violet, not that she didn't either. Violet had helped... until she and Kristin realized she had helped too much. Unlike Jill, she still liked Violet, maybe even still loved her a little, but knew she couldn't have gone with her to Olympus, not without losing herself in the over-endowed goddess. Besides, she wanted to stay with her cousin, here, and build something of it. The farm was coming along, and she and Ashley were still taking care of the boarding house they had made of Violet's.

Not wanting to bring Violet up, Kristin pointed at spars of titanium she had recovered with her chin, a slight frown on her face. With the layer fat sheathing her body and the extra roundness to her face from being well into her second trimester, Kristin looked if anything, younger than her true age, dense muscle and womanly figure softened by an illusion of adolescent chubbiness, though her swollen breasts filled the confines of her shirt.

"Are those pieces of metal good for making a sword, Jill?" Kristin asked, uncertainly. "I heard the landing gear of jumbo jets are really strong and I thought that would be good for a weapon I can use. I know how to use a sword, just not much about them. I think I want something heavy and sharp, straight with a pointy tip, so I can slash and stab. I don't want one of those skinny swords like the three musketeers. I want something that can chop a car in half. Can you do that?" Her eyes were hooded under lowered brows as she thought about her encounter with Doug. "I want a sword that says, don't mess with me. But doesn't look like a saw-blade, that looks stupid."

"Good call. Serrated edges just get caught in things if you don't manage to chop all the way through in one strike," called a cheerful voice from the forge entrance, Sarah's looming frame backlit by the outside sun as she offered a belated rapping of her knuckles on the door frame and the thirty-watt smile of those truely content with the world as it is and their ability to make it even better day by day.

"I'm not interupting something, am I? I was in to help shift another load for the new Refuge and wondered if I could Jill to take a look at my sword for possible breaks and cracks," the blonde megamorph further explained, gesturing at the sheathed weapon on her back, expression turning apoligetic as she guessed at the potential heavy drama going on between the two other Super women.

Archived