Aberrant: StarGate Atlantis - Character Creation Rules

Dawn OOC

PC requirements

Standard creation rules (please see the House Rules before mechanical construction)

Bonus Points: 15

Most PCs will start as humans with specialized knowledge of the StarGate and the universe at large. You should create a member of the IOA, Homeworld Security, SGC or Area 51 with at least a three-year record of service. I’d appreciate details of that record for use in the story. Exceptions will be made with excellent backgrounds.

Role-play will be emphasized over roll-play. The prologue will start with the departure for Atlantis.

Keep these numbers in mind as you build:

An ability of 2 is average; 3 is good; 4 is exceptional; 5 is the best a normal human can manage.

A skill with 1 dot means basic training; 3 is sufficient for professional training; 4 ranks is an expert; 5 is virtual mastery; beyond that is unsurpassed mastery and probably the best in the world.

Background

Use the backgrounds from Adventure; you have seven points to start. In addition to those, there is a new background: ATA Genome. You must put at least one dot into ATA Genome.

Powers and Theme

Your character will gain powers in the game. The way that this will happen will be a secret, but you can expect to gain super human abilities. This will also happen slowly, and we’ll take time to enjoy the progress of abilities and powers.

As part of character creation, I’ll require PCs to be built around a theme. This will become important later in the game. Themes should be able to be described in two to three words. Select six boons and epics that are part of this theme; these are your favored boons and epics (what you normally get with your pantheon). These will be available for purchase throughout the game. The powers that are outside the theme are still available.

Experience

Fictions will be worth 1 to 3 xp each, depending on length and character development. Monthly xp will be doled out into three types: General, Human and Ancient. General is useable on anything. Human is useable only on human-level skills and attributes. Ancient xp will be usable on all of the powers, boons, etc that make you powerful and Ancient. Xp will also be awarded at my discretion, for whatever reason I deem it to be appropriate. The more effort you put in, the more you will get out

I think that's enough to get you started. Questions?

Archived