[Fic] Caught in a Web

Krugar Rockbiter

alleyy.jpgAtasaya left the bakery without a specific goal in mind, but continuing on the path he believed to be laid before him by the spirits. He had a more material mindset to find a place better than the shanty he had shared with some rat spirits the night before, in an alley behind the restaurant, McFranco's and to possibly take a shower.

That the sun was setting didn't particularly deter him, as the place he was likely to afford would probably have a counter with a bell, but the passing from hot to cold, from light to dark as he passed into the shadows of buildings seemed almost like the slow beating of a drum warning him of the approaching night.

He passed a fence and the drum's beat became a fast staccato, giving him an itching in the back of his mind as to what the possible climax could be when a figure emerged out from the dark shadows of an awning a few paces in front of him.

An elf, according to the pointy ears, or a human with mods. Her long hair was dyed a bright pink and was pulled up to expose the shaved sides where tattoos of naked women tangled in celtic knots reached out for help. She was wearing muted grey clothing that covered most of her skin, and if not for the hair, would make her very difficult to spot in the city. Atasaya did a quick glance into the Astral and that was all it took to realize the elf was more chrome than flower. It was difficult to see where the flesh began and Ata finally gave up when he couldn't find a distinction and returned his gaze back to her.

"Done lookin?" she said, her voice soft with a slight southern accent. "Or you like it like that, cold...and hard..." she purred.

"I'm sorry?" Ata replied, only slightly puzzled, but assuming she somehow knew what he had done.

"Not my first encounter with the hoodoo. Y'all get a squinty look like you ate off a bean truck on the south side when you be lookin' over there. Seen it enough to know when I'm gettin' an up-down."

"I meant no offense, one cannot be too careful."bodyguard.jpg

"No doubt...shall we get to the names?"

"Alright, ladies first of course."

"HA...you're a charmer, you are. They call me Jesenia. And I represent a man interested in askin' you some questions."

"So soon? I have only just come into the city..."

"It's a pleasure ta meet you too!"

"Sorry...I am Atasaya. A pleasure to meet you Jesenia. How do you fare this fine eve?"

"Too far, now yer just mockin' me. Let's just skip the talkin' part and get to business."

Atasaya shrugged.

"I'm gonna ask you to come with me, you're gonna make some kind of feigned resistance, but in reality you're curious. I'll make some kinda veiled threat and you'll return with one of your own, prolly pointin' that fancy stick of yours. But I'll tell you now, I'm faster. In the end, you'll come with me anyway and probably with a large bump on your noggin'. So the choice really isn't if you're gonna come with me or not, but if I'm gonna need ta call a wagon on the way."

"You make hasty predictions. Your words seem drastic. Wouldn't it be easier to just go with you?"

"Yes it would."

"Can you give me anymore information about the man?"

"Feigned resistance."

"Well, some chromed elf steps out from and holds herself in an aggressive posture, it gives someone pause."

"You're gonna see him one way or another, your choice, darlin'."

"You seem so sure, and yet...I am not without assurances myself..." Atasaya said, tightening his grip on his staff.

"Told you..." And then she was there, in the time it had taken Ata to blink, she had moved and closed the distance inside his defenses and had closed a hand around the bulge between his legs. "...I'm faster."

Atasaya gasped, but then cocked an eyebrow, as her grip wasn't all that unpleasurable, even if she could probably pop him like a ripe tomato at any moment. "As you may have noticed, I have not bathed in some time now. So, I must apologize for the smell."

Like busting a hole in a den of snakes, the smell emanated out, quickly encompassing the elf. Her acute senses were instantly overwhelmed and she collapsed into a gasping, coughing fit. Her eyes were pouring tears as she struggled to her hands and knees. "Damn *gasp* Trog!"

"So sorry, truly, I am. As you can see, I really must be finding myself a shower." Ata said, giving a quick nod. "Until next we meet, Jesenia..."

He quickly jogged off, taking random streets as he could to hopefully get lost.

Archived