Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - Shadow Games

Quantum Fire

She sighed and nodded. "Away is fine, I'm not sure what secret Gwen was keeping, but it certain got some reactions, I could go back to england, but they are bound to come after me, someone will want to question me. I can become someone else, shift my accounts and vanish, if I have too, I hope it doesn't come to that, but I'm just a little scared at the moment, love."

Darrik nodded in agreement, and let the shadows roll over them, before they placed themselves outside Agatha's manor. "We should have some time here." His face grew quiet and half-amused, half-pensive at the prospects of what he was about to reveal. "It provoked quite a surprise in me too, learning that Gwen was carrying twins. MY twins."

Agatha blinked, and for a moment Darrik got a hint of intense.. envy from her, but not directed at him, more at Gwen, it was a clean emotion though, because she didn't want anything to happen to Gwen, she simply had a momentary desire for a child of her own. Of course, any child of hers was almost certainly going to be Darrik's, she had no real desire for it to be anyone else. "Bloody hell, that explains everything." She swore in response to the information that he gave her. "I can certain understand what was going on, I am glad you found her, love."

"So am I, Agatha." Darrik agreed, though he couldn't help a wry grin at the observation of Agatha's want of his progeny too. "I know you were looking interested in the prospect of my kids too, dear. Don't get too excited yet, I don't intend to breed my way to an army. Two to feed, clothe, educate and love are more than enough for me." He pulled open the door, and went with her through into the house.

She looked at Darrik a moment, then went to him and put her arms around him and kissed him softly. "I'd like a child of my own someday, but I'm willing to let Gwen go first, and wait a few years to raise her children." She no longer looked like Gwen now, instead looking quite like herself. "I'm not sure how safe this should be, I worry about getting a message to you quickly when your gone, sometimes."

She looked hesitant a moment "I'm a bit torn, I want to go where Gwen is.. and I need to spend some time with her, I think we would both like that, after all I'm going to be sort of a second mother to the kids... but I also shouldn't just pack up and leave, abandon my responsibilities here, that's the wrong choice too" She sighed and looked pensive for a few minutes. "What do you think I should do?"

She sat down and considered a moment, weighing various factors against themselves, and considering the situation for several long minutes. "This is not going to work forever, eventually I will have to move, to follow you wherever your hiding Gwen, and I can slowly begin to withdraw and turn my responsibilities to others.. and unlike Gwen I have a great deal of viability, I can be anything or anyone that I needed to be... I think I can manage for several months, maybe even six months to a year before I need to disappear completely."

Archived