Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - New game in semi-gritty universe - Recruitment

Heritage

Okay, I really like how these two very different teams are starting to shape up. The last background stuff I'm going to be putting up is about Lake City itself, just defining some of the major neighborhoods; I already posted about Central Lake City, and will follow up with the North, West and South Sides. Wyrd and I chatted so I think we're coming along there, which leaves Prince and Cent/Kazou as far as working out characters. I'll be PMing Cent some suggestions. Prince, I'd be fine with either Apollo or Chance; once we know how Cent wants to go, we can figure out which of your two would be the better fit.

I'm hoping to have this game start next week, probably not earlier than next Wednesday, since that's the next time I can be sure of having unlimited free internet.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to tell you this, but Wednesday is generally my busiest day, meaning that I am not even checking the site for much of the day. It is one of the two days I get to get out of the house in the week, so I enjoy what I can of it.

Okay, so here's the crunchy bits for Apollo that I'm thinking. This is my first M&M3 character, so I'm always open to constructive criticism. Hopefully it's easy to follow, I built him in HeroLab and this is the easiest way to output it.

Apollo - PL 10

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 1, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Advantages

Attractive, Benefit, Diplomatic Immunity, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: Top Secret, Favored Environment: Space, Ranged Attack

Skills

Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+5), Expertise: Space Travel 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Cosmic Blast: Blast 10 2 (+7), Vehicles 6 (+11)

Powers

Cosmic Awareness: Senses 1 (cosmic, Awareness: Cosmic Awareness)

Cosmic Blast: Blast 10 (cosmic, DC 25; Accurate: +2)

Cosmic Force Field: Force Field 10 (cosmic, +10 Toughness; Impervious)

Flight: Flight 8 (cosmic, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Life Support: Immunity 10 (cosmic, Life Support)

Space Flight: Movement 3 (cosmic, Space Travel 3: other galaxies)

Offense

Initiative +5

Cosmic Blast: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)

Grab, +1 (DC Spec 11)

Throw, +6 (DC 16)

Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Complications

Fame

Honor

Motivation: Patriotism

Responsibility

Languages

Native Language

Defense

Dodge 8, Parry 5, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12, Will 5

Power Points

Abilities 38 + Powers 74 + Advantages 6 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150

Okay, posted the last major stuff I've planned in the General Info section, though I might add bits and pieces as I think of them. Prince, I'm copying your character so I can look it over on my laptop at home, so I will have feedback for you in the near future.

Thanks, HH! I also cleaned all the entries up a bit, hopefully making them easier to read.

Also someone asked earlier if the Alliance Orbital team (that's you guys in the space game) were going to function as base security on OS1, what with all the alien races living so close together and all, ala Babylon 5. I did like that show a lot (though it was very uneven at times) and I'm sure it influenced me a bit, but no, in general security will be handled by a designated security team, most likely a mix of humans and Nameless agents. That being said, assume that at least something bad will happen on the base requiring your characters to have to intervene, because otherwise where's the fun in being stuck up there, right?

Okay, here are the stats on the two HQs, which neither team has to pay for (yay!)

THE CLUBHOUSE (Lake City HQ)

Size: Medium

Toughness: 8

Features:

Communications

Computer

Fire Prevention System

Garage

Gym

Laboratory

Library

Living Space

Personnel

Power System

Secret

Security System

Workshop

15 ep

ORBITAL STATION 1 (Alliance Auxiliary Team HQ)

Size: Awesome

Toughness: 10

Features:

Combat Simulator

Communications

Computer

Defense System

Fire Prevention System

Gym

Hangar

Holding Cells

Infirmary

Isolated

Laboratory

Library

Living Space

Personnel

Power System

Security System

Workshop

25 ep

Augh, I need to get cable internet at home ASAP! Sorry for the long delay!

Okay, since all the characters are approved in the street game (aka HoH), I'm going to start that one up right now.

What are the status of the various characters in the space game? I've got completed and approved sheets for Gakusha, Sigil and Lusungu; what's the status on Kat, Wyrd? I sent a PM to Cent today to see if he's still interested in playing, and if so with a version of Aurelius, since there's considerable overlap between him and Apollo (who's sheet looks fine, BTW).

I've got the character completed, though admittedly I've been a bit busy and haven't finished up the summons. I could probably start as is, and just hope that I don't need any of the summons that haven't been statted out yet...

Besides, you'll need to approve the stats on the summons. That's the biggest downside of this character concept, the number of different characters I need to work up, and my own insistence on making each of them truly unique.

I've got the character completed, though admittedly I've been a bit busy and haven't finished up the summons. I could probably start as is, and just hope that I don't need any of the summons that haven't been statted out yet...

Besides, you'll need to approve the stats on the summons. That's the biggest downside of this character concept, the number of different characters I need to work up, and my own insistence on making each of them truly unique.

Wyrd, would you want some help with making the summoned creatures?

I can Heritage, but I'm not sure what Apollo sheet you're looking at. Apollo isn't superstrong at all. he shoots stuff and has a forcefield (maybe that's what you meant...)

Edit: And here is Chance. Jack of All Trades and spaceship pilot. As always I am open to constructive criticism from anyone :)

Chance - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Advantages

Attractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit: Cipher 2, Benefit: Diplomatic Immunity, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 5, Fearless, Improvised Tools, Improvised Weapon 7, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 5, Ranged Attack 8, Seize Initiative, Taunt, Throwing Mastery 7, Uncanny Dodge

Skills

Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+13), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise: Space Travel 4 (+5), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 10 (+15), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Vehicles 5 (+10)

Powers

Space Suit (Removable)

. . Arrmor: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness)

. . Jet Boots: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)

. . Life Support System: Immunity 7 (Enviromental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All))

Offense

Initiative +5

Grab, +5 (DC Spec 10)

Throw, +13 (DC 22)

Unarmed, +13 (DC 15)

Complications

Motivation: Thrills

Quirk: Never Prepared

Languages

English

Defense

Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 5, Toughness 10/5, Will 5

Power Points

Abilities 46 + Powers 11 + Advantages 47 + Skills 28 (55 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 150

It's in the same sub-forum. You really can't find it?

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across insultingly there. I was still half-asleep. :(

Yea, I've never used this forum before. And the ONLY threads I've been reading are the ones that pertain to this game. I had no clue where to go for it. But it's cool. I got my links, so I should be good now.

Heritage: Is there anything else for our game that you'll be posting here? Can I stop watching this thread?

Prince: Yeah, it's not like Aurelius and Apollo are exactly the same, but Cent's character also flies in deep space and shoots energy blasts, so there is still considerable overlap. Chance looks good, but I'll let you know as soon as I can which character of yours we'll be going with; sorry to keep you in suspense!

Hellhound: At this point, I'd say you can keep your eye on the OOC thread; this sub-forum is pretty much just for character approvals now.

Sorry, I've had a really busy couple of weeks, combined with poor health, so I've been using what time I had online for games that were already going. I'll resubmit my character with some summons soon.

• 1 month later...

Well I don't know which game I want to be in yet. Right now I don't know which games were open and not to be honest. I didn't want to cause problems by posting in any of them at that time which would disrupt the flow of the rp. I don't like to do that for other players. I want to get in at a time which would be appropriate and at a time the gm and others would allow.

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct.

I think what Heri's trying to say (through his back pain) is: We're really at an early stage in both games, and so there are still ways to work you in to either story. Of course, I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm sure Heri will correct me.

I'm saying don't be shy. People in here are (for the most part) friendly and open. If they have a problem with things, they'll let you know in a nice way, and try to help you overcome it. Hang out in chat, and talk to people if you think it will help (I'm Kael in chat, BTW).

First off what age group will the characters be in. As well as what type of story will be doing. I have a few character ideas in my head, but don't know which to do right now. Basically they are from an idea for an story in my head, but wanted to also see how the charcters worked out in concept or at least in the cocpet of a superhero.

In general, if you're looking to join a game, Ace, hang out in chat and talk to people. You usually get a better turn around for how good a game is/games are, and as a consequence, you can make a more informed decision about the game.

Basically, heroes exist, and see to be governed to some degree by the law. I suspect that almost anything that would fit into a Marvel/DC comic would find a place here, but it's supposed to be grittier than 4-color comics, but not dark & angsty (if I understand correctly). To me, it feels a bit like the Stormwatch universe, but the aliens are more alien.

RM speaks truth, Ace; I'd hadn't really thought about it, but Stormwatch (as opposed to The Authority) is about right tone-wise, not that I'm up on every aspect of that particular universe. Main things you need to be at least eighteen and not a known felon; I'd also suggest reading over the General Info thread, as well as reading over both games so far:

General Info:

The Home of Heroes (PL 8 game):

Alliance OS1 (PL 10 game):

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To be perfectly honest Ace, I don't think now is a good time to add another player to either game; I am barely holding this universe together with the group we have now, so I don't think adding a new factor now would be wise. If I can get a new job that pays better in the next month or so, and can get my internet situation figured out, then we can resume this conversation. Fair enough?

Archived