Suggestion Thread

Wyrd

If people have ideas for their characters or for the game in general, this would be where you put them and we discuss them. Final decision on whether to include anything discussed here remains mine as GM.

The thought I had was creating a version of hidden weapons for Jeremy as a physical adept power. This power is best known as Mousse's style from Ranma 1/2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ranma_%C2%BD_characters .

Now the power would be nowhere near as strong, but I was thinking something along the lines of either allowing him to store more stuff up his sleeves without apparent bulge than he could really fit in there, and/or making it harder to locate concealed items.

A possible downside to this power is that having it active would be visible astrally--not where the items were located or what he was doing, at least not without a good assense check, but that he was using an active adept power.

That was actually my thought, that some of the material would be pushed in a kind of sideways direction and held in his aura as far as where the actual material goes.

Magic in SR doesn't let you violate the laws of nature. It just shows us that the 20th century understanding of physics was the elementary school textbook.

Could you develop a spell for your character that created a blade made out of fire? Yeah, we could probably work that out. I really don't care about the source of the inspiration as long as it is taken more seriously in game than I suspect this suggestion was meant.

You could also get a small flamethrower with very limited ammunition and call it your lightsaber as you set people on fire.

• 2 weeks later...

First, decide how many weapons a character can actually carry on them at one time. Once you have that number, assume that that the character can 'hide' a certain amount extra per point in Magic they possess.

Trick Up The Sleeve

Cost: 1

For each point of Magic the Adept possesses he may hide three additional throwing implements on his person. While 'hidden' on his person the adept may add his Magic rating to any dice pools used to escape the detection of these additional hidden weapons. A throwing implement may not be any larger than a throwing knife.

Or just take the Distance Attack power and remove the Unarmed Attack roll, replacing it with a Ranged Attack roll, now you don't have to hide them, he just throws mystical throwing knives.

Archived