Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 11.5- Examination

Sunstar

Hideko stands outside the infirmary leaning on the wall. She didn't have much to do today so she figured she'd see if they can find anything about the nanomachines in her body. With any luck they might be able try to undo the effects and make her a him again. When it's her turn to go in, she enters the infirmary and waves to the doctor. "Um hey. I called ahead to get a appointment."

the Doctor nodded. "Captain Hoshino is waiting for you in that room there." She was directed into a huge room with lab equipment that would make any scientist sell their souls.

"Ahh, Hideko, good to see you. I hear you wish to find out about the nanomachines that have taken root within you. I have a large number of scans i can do, and tests i'd like to run. Really it becomes what exactly do you wish to know?"

She smiled. "Of course, if you say Everything that will take some time, but I believe we can do it."

Once on the table three different arms were moved into place, and each one began scanning her from crown to toes.

The entire scan took over an hour, and once done, Ruri nodded. "Alright, the next tests will be a CAT scan, and a full MRI, as well as complete X-rays."

She ran through the tests in another few hours.

She nodded. "We can take a break now if you wish. I've got a sample of your blood, and the rest of the tests aren't affected if you eat and drink or not."

"You may wish to put on a gown at least, to maintain decency in front of whoever brings our food."

"You're never going to be male again."

"The nanomachines have rewritten your DNA, to the point that you are a fully functioning young woman. Even if we find a way to successfully purge them, you would still genetically be female. In every way."

"It's bad news if you wanted to be male, but not the end of the world by any means."

Ruri nodded. "I don't think it's possible for you to go home."

"Even with unrestricted access to Kai's powers, there's an infinite number of worlds out there. Your Dimensional wave identity is completely scrambled. Another product of the tinkering from the nanobots. It makes you more resistant to dimensional displacement, but makes it harder for you to cross over willingly as well. It will take months, maybe years even for me and the tech at my disposal to decipher it, if at all."

you're here with us to stay it would seem Hideko."

Ruri laid a hand on her shoulder. "I will devote significant resources to this Hideko, at least to getting you home. Our doctors could do something about the other side of this, but that's a thought for another time. Besides, the nanomachines would have to be removed first."

"You are most welcome here with us, for as long as you choose to stay."

Archived