Aberrant: 200X - A change of name, carreer, and life...

Doryoku

Yeah, it's rare that anyone can say they had their life turn upside down in a positive way. Well I can say so.

My time training with Nippontai and becoming an auxiliary was at first a disappointment, but now I've been to a lot of different governmental and corporate organizations that needed my hands-on approach to their technological needs. My work with the Japan Coast Guard was particularly rewarding testing their new vehicles for search and rescue work, and looking over the fleet of aircraft owned by JAL for safety issues was a brilliant start to my new career.

But, in between all this, it's boring.

How's life been for everyone else?

Oh, for the non-japanese speakers, Doryoku translated can mean "Endeavor" or "Effort". I like Endeavor personally.

Well, I'm typing this on a rare thing. A laptop brought by one of the Congolese army soldiers. Yes, I'm back there again.

Jael, Alex: If you're reading this... I have some time, let me know how things have been in civilized society.

Interesting.

I need you to check something for me on the chatter you guys hear. I heard there was a ruckus on a island in the middle of the congo itself on the border between Congo and the DRC. Some military types were whispering about it at the docks when I was on the JSG job.

While I'm not usually interested by bloodshed... my interest was... piqued.

Archived