Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - [FIN] Episode 1: Britannia

The Traveler

As Heather watched over The Professor, she saw The Professor's form stir. She sighs in her slumber as her form seemed to shift some more as she moved. Heather didn't need much to see The Professor needed the rest of the day and most of tomorrow to reawaken. He quantum was barely there, but growing... slowly.

Morning, 1 day later...

Captain Jane Arrowway had been organising around the cargobay in the rear of the ESS as The Professor recovered. The press and whoever was shooed away, and she was tired. Sarah was entertaining everyone that had stayed aboard. She had found Irma's note, and while disappointed was sure the addition of the Vulpinoid Nova and the mysterious Private Eye was a suitable replacement. She was more worried about her guardian, until The Professor herself wanted everyone together fro breakfast after she awoke.

"Everyone aboard the Hikari Maru... heh sounds so much better than ESS... Please come to the main stateroom on deck 1 please. Breakfast is served."

The voice and accent seemed like The Professor but it seemed younger...

Director's Note
Whatever is on the table is what you would like... The Professor has good taste and is very cosmopolitan in her choices.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather is amongst the first to come in response to the call. She is not particularly surprised by the Professor's new appearance, having watched it shift the day before. She moved over to the laden table and started experimenting with various dishes unfamiliar to herself, occasionally asking questions about the ingredients and making notes in her ever present journal.

"It's nice to see such a wide variety prepared for breakfast, Professor. It is often overlooked as the most important meal of the day, and therefore a meal to be treated with proper respect and solemnity. I've been having a devil of a time the last few hours trying to explain to your computers what exactly constitutes a good cup of tea..."

The Professor turns around in her seat, the morning sun of a Canaveral morning glinting through the windows. She steeples her fingers as she leans foreward, the form of a girl no older than 16 sits at the head of the table. "Thank you, Heather." She then looks quizical at the other newcomer. "Ship? Oh... I was hailing everyone over the ship's intercom. Easiest way to bring everyone here."

She smiles, the almost sinister stance she had shattering into the stance of a sad girl with alot on her mind.

The day before...

The first day was very unusual and tense at the start when she first boarded the ship. The greetings and meetings face to face did rise a slight stir. She clearly resembled a normal arctic-white fox but clearly was built up to have a slightly more humanoid build, and altered to walk on her to hind-legs like a human could but clearly those legs she stood on were more animal nature unlike human legs. Behind her swayed four five tails each with a mind of its own. She wore a highly advanced light weight body armor that covered from neck and downwards. Some built up armored sections covered the shins, knees, upper chest and shoulders and forearms complete with gloves and boots. Upon her back she wore a small back pack with her UVA docked. The back pack also sported three spaced out openings with what looks to be arrows sticking out of it. Below the pack just behind her back is another object that seams to be folded or collapsed upon itself leaving one to wounder what it is.

"I have no understanding of why the people outside use those words... trog and aberrant. I have no real understanding to the meaning behind them as in my culture no animal is seen differently from its own kind maybe expect those that have exerted qualities as we call them. It is rare one with qualities would become corrupted desiring power. Those that do are usually hunted down and dealt with like any other common outcast. Those fated to such a existence choose it by their own free will. But from time to time a few desire to become one with their pack and atone for their transgression and are tested."

"Our kind is a young race compared to those we have come across such as you humans. To beings.." She slightly looks at the hostess carefully with a subtle and suspicious look. "... that have no place in this plane of existence. One such we fought in a great war freeing ourselves from the slavery and servitude...." She pauses for a moment carefully reading the reactions of those around her.

"It took many generations to rebuild and learn and just recently we gained access to the ability to catalog the different species we have come across. It was a shock to see our ancestors still live on your worlds and slight resentment in how you treat them." She growls a little but keeps in a calm stance. "Such savages humanity is.... But yet.. With potential"

Note
Clearly she spoke truthfully and openly anyone could see that but she hid the fact she was very suspicious about the owner of the craft in how one acquired this high level tech. Although she had kept her guard up the whole time careful of those around her.

In the end it left everything for a quite an interesting topic amongst the passengers that night. She retired into her quarters for the night that was given to her and took the time to check every nook and cranny it wasn't until she spent four long hours scouring the room she found no devices that would harm her, no weapons and nothing threatening of any sort of dangerous tech. Did she take the time to curl up in the bed and fall into a light sleep.

The next day.....

The intercom woke her up with a start as she jumped out of bed onto her feet in a combat stance. As the voice came over some speakers she grumbled and gathered her few things and left out door. The lights seamed to turn on in a certain direction as she followed them as it only took a few minutes before she walked into the mess hall. She sniffed the air and rumbled softly as her ears flickered along with her tails swaying.

"Mmmm.... Whats that smell?" She bound over to the table and looked at all the food displayed out on the table. The odd smell of cooked meat was the first to catch her notice as she looked at it oddly. She even reached over and poked a piece of bacon with one of her clawed tip fingers.

"What is this? It.. smells funny... Are you sure you eat this?" She was literately serious and at the same time it could be considered quite comical in how she poked at the piece of bacon like a cat pawing at a ball.

Sakurako manages to work out a giggle. "That... well is food. I'm surprised you're interested in cooked food. I took a look at your genetic make-up from Heather's scans of you... she was... interested. If you have issues, take it up with her. But anyways, you're an uplifted Vulpine creature. As such I made sure..."

She opens a white case and reveals a warmed bit of raw meat. "That I had food meeting your digestive requirements. The majority of us are used to... cooked food. Miss..."

Shadow Walker looked up from the odd smelling meat with a slight look of disgust shaking her head slightly. "How can you ruin such good meat. I do not have an interest in what you call cooked food. It smells odd but has a very horrid taste to it."

"Ah, I would do the same if I were in your position try to learn as much as you can about your unusual guest as you can. An the same to an extent can be said the same about you as well..." She softly chuckled walking over towards Sakurako looking at the odd container she held opening it to reveil what looked to be fresh raw uncooked meat. Her four tails started to sway behind her in an a manner that clearly showed peaked interest. "Now that looks quite tasty indeed and has a nice smell to it." She leaned over and took a deep breath drawing in the smell of the meat with a soft myrr. "Don't mind if I do.." she softly said with a myrr snagging a nice big piece of steak in both hands and digs right in taking a seat next to the professor enjoying her breakfast.

"What is this?... Smells great and tastes really good, what is it called? Kinda reminds me of some of the meat we have back home you don't see to much of.."

"Oh where are my manners, the names Shadow walker... An you are?"

"Oh... it's scrambled eggs, I actually think the proteins don't shift enough to cause digestive problems for you even when cooked... ever eaten eggs before? Oh... I am Sakurako Hino..." She looks down at her table and pushes her eggs around. "Although I am not surprised people have been slow to coming... Irma's already left for parts unknown and I know hide nor hair of where Dash ran off to. I... I am entirely a fool. I've brought this on you all without even meaning to. I let this happen I should have saw this from the start."

"I'm a fool... And this is something I will correct but only after I know more about her recent modus operandi." She says. "I'm not going to endanger any more lives. None. Not because of me."

"...I'm ready to leave for someplace to explore for a little while as Captain Jane investigates the situation with The Headmistress... or Mary Saxon... or should I say... Mary Masters."

She shakes her mind back on track. "I wanted to ask... was there anywhere anyone wished to go? Someplace a little less threatening?"

Some more empathic than others in the room could sense a tinge of cowardice in her voice... something not there a couple days and a incarnation prior.

Archived