Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - 4.2d What Lurks

Justin OOC

Yuuki nodded acceptance, sipping her tea and enjoying the delicate balance of honey and lemon in hers. A good cup of tea was a synonymn for Hina dryad life, carefully cultivated and prepared, giving and requiring serenity. So they'd have to perform the play. And be ready to fight if the shinigami's ally, the one who had attacked her, if it returned to finish the job. That thought made her feel somewhat less serene, sucking in a breath of air that blessedly carried the scent of her tea.

"I understand, Shizuka-Sensi. I will not hesitate to assist if I am able," she replied aloud after a pause to regain her calm, "Would any of you mind my excusing myself to take a shower and ready a futon? It's been a... long evening."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eri stared at the hot cup before her, it was steaming still, she reached out and jerked away slightly. She breathed in and concentrated, her hand hovering in the steam as it began to diminish and disappear. Eri then picked up the cup comfortably and took a sip, it was bitter, and cold. Just the way she liked it.

Kyra drank her tea, doing her best to remain calm as she did, considering each of the folks present and wondering what further complications were ahead for them, it seemed that they were becoming involved in matters that concerned their parents greatly. That was fitting and appropriate, but even so, it was likely to be dangerous, not that danger bothered her that much, but her father was likely to becoming more difficult to deal with if he knew she was getting involved with such matters.. he could be so overprotective at times.

Mildly suprised that she had been permited to leave for personal business after forgeting to offer to finish her own tea service, the young dryad offered the teacher the slightest of bows and rose to her feet in one smooth motion. "Thank you, Shizuka-Sensi," she whispered, the slightest of whispers and the hint of a very tired, very real smile beneath her mask of porecelain social perfection.

Yuuki departed the room, retreating into the bathroom and letting the rising hum of a shower distract her from her worries and potential vendettas for the moment, a blossom luxerating in the steam and flow of water over her body. "Grant me a few hours rest before I must confront further wonders and horrors of your world. I am yours to use as you need, but I ask that my rest not to further evil for my Clan and it's allies," she whispered under her breath, speaking to the World which had guided them to not one but two solutions this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived