Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 4.2c Shop till you Drop

Justin OOC

Mis Nekomone led her students to the Store, which was like a mini-mall. "Allright, the four of you, stay close to me. Keep your senses sharp. We're searching for the Sigil, I have a good idea where it's going to be, so Kozue and Kozakura you will need to be very careful. Krag, I want you to watch our backs. Rica, I expect you to assist as well here, Be another set of eyes, looking for anything amiss."

With that she began leading them into the heart of the store, near the great pure water fountain.

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting in the All night Coffee shop that serviced the School, Erilynn Kisaragi was nearly alone. Most of the students were gone, the faculty as well. Since she wouldn't technically be added to the roster of the school until tomorrow, She wasn't under the curfew, and could roam freely. For the most part at least.

So when a group of four students and a faculty member, one suprisingly matching the picture she'd been provided for her Advisor, Shizuka Nekomone, her natural curiosity was roused. It wasn't like she had anything better to do. They seemed to be in a hurry, moving quickly.

The woman seemed a bit concerned, she wasn't making much sense in her progression of conversation, this interested the young half blood.

"Erilynn Kisaragi, Eri for short, they said you'll be my staff adviser, I'd ask whats wrong, but I will figure that out if I tag along, so lead on Miss Nekomone." Her tone is cold yet melodic, even her very presence near her feels as if a chill just blew in, but despite the cold tone her voice is perfect as if the most beautiful mountain spring.

"I remember you now." She smiled. "What a time for you to join the Academy."

As she fell in, it became clear that the Teacher was leading them, finally stopping at the fountain at the center of the courtyard. "Be prepared, The Sigil is close, and we aren't alone."

"You just walked out in the midst of a fight against a very powerful monster and the Entire Academy. Between his magic and natural power, he's looking at the big prize, absorbing the souls of everyone here." It was very much not the sort of conversation one had with a teacher, but with a halfdozen explosions from the water in the fountain, as many various species merment emerged, all of them undead.

(OOC there are 1 pufferfish, 1 morray, 1 shark, 2 barracuda, and an Anglerfish headed mermen (think Crinos OWOD Rokea)

Eri spins on her heel to the noise, her eye twitches seeing the creatures, smelling them, she screams, the area becomes even colder, winds kicking up, and large black wings spring from her back, her hair becoming long and as ice, her eyes glowing a piercing ice blue, as her true form becomes apparent, "ICKY!!!!" The winds and sharp hale whips through the mall, the sky outside becomes dark as the winds and hale travel further, a phenomenal cold, many finding it odd, as the shards seem harmless as the snow and ice pile up, while the grotesque creatures before her succumb to her sudden and frightful reaction.

The response was instantaneous and devastating. The mermen didn't have a chance, covered in water as they were. Each one was flash frozen, and shattered under the gale force winds. The biting cold didn't affect the Vampires much, and even Krag seemed to almost be happy and more alert in the frigid temperatures. Nekomone and Rica however, well She pulled the other student to her, keeping her nestled by her Vampire Masters.

"O-o-o-o-o-over-r-r-r-r-rdid it I-i-i-i-i Think-k-k-kk" Her teeth were chattering. "Everyone Inside the stor-r-r-r-e" Nearby was the department store, where they could at least possibly find jackets, they had another sigil to hunt still."

She stalked back outside, Sniffed the air, and a small portal opened before her left hand. "You-u-u-u did-d-d-dn't se-e-e-e this-s-s-s-s." With that she wthdrew a grand Hammer that was easily as big as she was, and with a single swing demolished the fountain. There was a sudden outpouring of magic, and then nothing.

"Human form please, and head insid-d-d-e We nee-e-e-ed to regro-o-ou-p" With that she led her to the store the others waited in.

Once inside Everyone took the clothing they needed, and Nekomone left a voucher on the counter. She doubted it would be an issue, this was a very unexpected event.

"Next time Erilynn, try not to hit the entire school with it." She said it with a smile and nodded. "Let's get moving, there's still one more we need to get."

"It's more than simple school, and when you have children of the Monster lords, plus their parents together, well, insanity tends to ensue. As things stand, something is plotting to kill everyone. Rather than incite a panic of ten thousand yokai trying to flee at once, Several faculty members, two monster lords, and the Newspaper club are out to make sure that doesn't happen. We're short on time, so your safest bet is to stay with us. It will be alot better when we go to explain the ice and snow to the headmaster that way."

"Yes.....those....I can't help you against those, they're highly problematic against someone like myself, I never learned any attack that could really phase them, since they just kept to themselves mostly....I can set up barriers to impede...or try and freeze it, but there's only a small chance it will affect." She prepares herself for what comes next. "Fire might be a good idea..." she cringed at the thought.

"Fresh out of that, looks like we'll go with smashing." On the other side of the lake, they could see the Yeti, it was large, over fifteen feet tall. "Krag, natural form please, grab a tree too."

The young troll nodded, doing so quickly, The twin vampires both vanished, and ability She thought they might have. "You two wait for an opportunity, then strike hard. Rica,Eri, stay back behind Krag and I. Hit him at range if you can. Eri, slow him down, but don't block our path of attack if possible."

Her Hammer appeared in her hands again and she sighed. "I hope this isn't a student, or a parent."

"Lets try a little offense," her mask faded as she focused more on her powers, wings unfurled she places her hands on the permafrost pouring her control as pillars of ice rise up and converge on the Yeti, which barely manages to get out of the chaos. "Shit, don't die everyone I'm trying!"

She growled, "I want it gone!" the wind whipped around her as the cold intensified a moment before she shook her head and the glow of her eyes subsided, "control, one more try." She put her focus in the ice and it converged on it once more. It managed to miss again, cursing under her breath she gathered the ice up for another retort, trying to watch it's movements better.

The Vampire twins dove in, slamming the Yeti to the ground seemingly from nowhere. Shizuka, high in the air began flip end over end, her massive hammer spinning as well. The blow came down against the skull of the Yeti, pulverizing it and causing the great undead beast to expire again.

The other effect was the great fissures in the ice that spread from the impact. "EVERYONE RUN!" The ice began to shatter, and they'd all end up in the very cold water.

Eri ran and took flight turning and imposing her control on the ice, bringing it together preventing a large portion from cracking underneath Krag, "I got you Krag, just stay still!" the ice then forms a cradle, then a slide forms off it and spirals to land, allowing him to slide safely to solid ground.

Archived