World of Darkness: The Darkness of Space - Dedication Pagentry 3b

LydaLynn

The children in the day care have been taught a short dance number. Their costumes are ready and they are going through a few last rehearsals before getting dressed for their performance. The various musicians, dancers, and other performers are warming up, tuning, or running through last minute sound checks for their parts of the festivities.

Having been relieved of her her duties looking after Sam, Miu had the day to herself. She knew there would be lots of music at the festivities, and to that end she remembered the band she'd happened upon. "They're going to be here, somewhere." With that in mind, she set about looking amidst the sea of people, ears tuned for that particular musical sound.

Miu wandered through the performers for almost half an hour before the sounds of acappella male voices singing scales in harmony came to her ears. That was the sound, though it was muted and she could not be certain it was quite the same as the one she had heard before. With all the other performers around, Miu lost the music a few times before she could follow it to a closed conference room door.

Looking over the list of things to do, he came across and item that gotten shuffled down his list of priorities. How could he has done such a misstep in duty, he knew that with the affects of those plants and his understanding of reality it was completely in allowed parameters...still that was not acceptable to him.

Now where to find her, he had not pried into her residence when they had conversed...he thought for a few minutes and then realized the answer was right before his eyes. The reason he wished to speak was about her presence at the rehearsal, so if he found the group he would most likely would find her, a flaw of his people, their darn curiosity.

Not sure if he still has Dove's security clearance that was granted for the investigation, he attempts to log into the system and see if the group was registered to a certain practice area...

Tejah was technically off-duty, though if Mik called her, she’d come. After all, Bradan new caretakers were here and if she had to leave, they could take care of him. The pink-haired woman was dressed in khaki pants and a casual top; both would fit under coveralls easily. She had the AVIS on her, but right now, her goggles were pushed up on top of her head so she could watch her son. He was only two, and not as coordinated as the older kids, but he was athletic for his age. He’d been given a small part, following a line of older children, waving around a ribbon on a stick. He was chosen for it because he was unlikely to drop the ribbon and he seemed willing to follow the older kids and bounce to the music.

On the stage, Bradan appeared, looking adorable as a Fenling. Tejah obligingly took a picture, uploading it to her photo images storage so that her family could see. Her mother would love the picture; her father would probably put it on the background of his computer. Even Cormic’s family had access to those images, but she didn’t try to imagine their reactions. She didn’t care.

Bradan broke off his dancing to cry, “Mommy!” and wave at her. ~Dance, sweetie!~ she signed to him, laughing as he spun off to run after the kids he was supposed to be following. This is happiness, she thought, watching her son laugh and run. No matter what else, this is life being good to me.

Miu swore at the luck. Normally she'd leave, not wanting to cause a scene, or interrupt, but she just had to find out who it was that sang such a melody. She looked for the pad that would open the door, hoping she'd be able to get inside without any fuss.

Those near to him would hear the Ancient Egyptian expletives as he frowned...what to do next...he was not used to not having the resources he needed at hand. So this is the core of the punishment handed down upon the Hebrews...his frown changes to smile and laughter as he entertains himself. However, those moments are fleeting and he returns to the task at hand...

First to find where most of the performers are and then he can follow the trail or either familiar trail.

Bradan was dancing with the other children when his teacher walked over to Tejah and sat next to her. In rather simple sign, ~Are you planning on helping Bradan with his costume change or should I have one of the assistants on hand to help?~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A simple card reader would open the door to an authorized card swipe. The singing in the room transitioned to a song in four part harmony. What ever was drawing Miu to the music seemed to be singing with the tenors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The areas in which the performers were getting ready was something of a press of humanity. The varied colors and sounds, the perpetual movement created a sea of living confusion.

He remembered the times when they had worked with striders when both were called into concerns of the cult. They could track across cities, countries, continents, even into the umbra shifting through all for that one target, this interested him and as such curiosity lead him to use his skills to mimic such deeds.

He shifted his vision to see Ultra-Red and scans with heat signatures, his eyes and ears shift to match canine acuity, and he activates his matter sense to filter out excessive imput...Deeply breathing his hands fly through the appropriate mudras and he his on his way to find his kin.

Tejah smiled and slowly signed back ~I can do it. I'd like to do it.~ It would please her to help her son with something like this; these were the moments and memories that she'd cherish when she was older.

Across the room, she saw the hooded form and felt a blush inflame her cheeks. Wesely, she thought, turning away from him. She focused back on the assistant, now eager to settle their discussion, so she could talk to others here.

~Thank you,~ Tejah replied, smiling at the woman. It was always pleasant when someone made the attempt to sign to her, even if they weren't very good at it. Tejah loved the AVIS, felt almost naked without it, but also knew it was a crutch. She'd have rather had the ability to hear and talk to people directly.

Still that wasn't her lot in life and it was nice when people made attempts to reach past her handicap for her.

A group of about thirty young men stood singing on a set of risers. One in particular drew Miu's attention. He was beautiful. There wasn't anything specific she could point to, but somehow he drew her eyes, his voice rang clear and magical to her ears.

For nearly half an hour he made his way across the base, allowing the beast within to lead him. So many new scents and organisms, still the basic blueprint stayed true. And so did the beast, it lead him to this door and as he peered through it, he had a sense of de javu as he observed her.

Taking the time to actually focus on the door and wall, he noticed the entrance pad and reached for the card that his assistant had urged him that he had to use. He placed it as he had been instructed and hoped the clearance he had gotten for the his arboreal renovations would give him access to this room.

Miu smiled to the man, and she made her way towards him, waiting for him to finish singing, before she'd actually introduce herself. Inwardly she knew she was being far to bold, and that this wasn't normal for her, but curiosity had overruled normal modes of behaviour, at least in this instance.

There being no planters in the room, the card did not grant access to it.

The young man notices Miu, so do most of the rest of the young men. Suddenly they are all singing to her. Their faces wreathed in charming smiles. The older man who had been directing them frowns and turns to Miu. "No, no fans, out! Go, no distractions until after the performance. Shoo!" With his hands waving her towards the door, he doesn't seem particularly intimidated by her.

He breathes deeply and frowns, he really was starting not to like this place...so this what those American Chantry members had told him of.

This was taking too much of his time, hopefully his dome would be completed post-haste. He made a call to his assistant...

"It would seem that I do not have access to get through this door, would you pay someone to stand here and give a message to Miu when she exits. I will send you the message as soon as this call is through."

With that he turned to go and check on the progress of his dome and types the message as he walks.

The assistant doesn't even have a chance to tell his boss that a message could be sent to her through the computer system before the connection was cut. Being the efficient young man, he simply forwarded the message once his system received it and, for good measure, sent a runner along to the room door to wait for it to open.

The note is as follows:

I wish that Seline's blessings are with you today and always...

I am sending you this message, as I was unable to reach you personally, in part due to the fact as my station in life has changed greatly while I slept and I have not completely grasped this new time. Please forgive this means of communication, but I figured that a blurring of manners was worth the misstep in getting in contact with you in a timely manner

I would like to call a Taghairm with you and any other "family" you may know of in this sphere. It was my first mindset to wait on the conditioning of my biosphere but curious things are happening and I feel they need to be addressed.

Sincerely,

Weneg

Contact information for him and his assistant is attached.

The words struck her hard, it was a word that her sensei had used a few times, and more than anything, she knew she had to go. She put the note away, memorizing the ways for contacting him. Sadly there was no way to reach Dove now, and in truth she was unaware of others like her here, only some of the mages she'd met.

Archived