Aberrant: Dead Rising - Being Human (Fin)

Karren Gaunt

Matt moves quickly and looks over the pieces of equipment, zipping between them in a normal rate, and yet he doesn't seem rushed as he analyzes the system, "oh yeah, I can improve this, also help with a more sustainable power supply, hrm, will take some forge work, but, you got your own forge right in front of ya, I'm sure I could whip up something in no time, we'll need some supplies, so, I'll need to raid a town, get all the copper out a building, if possible I need to get a hold of some old smoke detectors, oh yea I could rig up something nice, where's the nearest lake, I'll go ahead and make a smooth channel from it to give us a possible river supply."

Matt nods in approval over his own ideas and thoughts, most left to himself as he works out the details, to blind them all with science.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randy has an openly wondering look on his face at the eccentric pink-haired metahuman's somewhat-disjointed speech, appealing to Dan with a back me up look common to every worker who has had to maintain the shiny new toys mandated by management. "We'll apreciate any help you can give, but keep in that mind unless you're staying or coming back regularly," he spoke, tone polite but firm, "I have only got five guys besides myself who'd I'd trust to open up a boiler and seal it back up again. We try for anything near industrial grade, my boys and I are going to be running ourselves ragged."

"And the nearest lake is some fifty miles north. We have a river about a few miles that way gravity feeds into this system. It's not volume of water coming in, Mr. Matthew, but cleaning it and pumping it to the roof for pipes we have trouble with."

"Maybe we should take your own bet on and rock this shit." He looked at Dan with a grin on his face, "we could make a great haven for those who are displaced and still able to think."

He nodded enthusiastically, "I don't suppose I'd have to do the city raid myself for supplies would I?"

"Talk to Marien and be willing to wait till tommorow, and you'll probably get a scavenging crew to back you up. Three Metahumans on a raid is something worth doing right. I know there are places we haven't hit cause the Zeds make them too much of a death trap to be worth losing people over," Randy volunteered, already compiling a list of hard to find lootables in his head, hoping to not be disapointed.

Meanwhile, the current mealshift has wound down in the cafeteria, but a stubbron cluster of people remained, Sarah at it's core and catching up with the people of her home Enclave. Soaking in what she was getting in support and sympathy and giving it back out in turn. Chattering like the young woman she was when the conversation turned happy. These were her people, after all, and she was glad to be able to just be home.

"The GM stamping plant near-by could have it. We haven't cleared the place yet far as I know, and the factories I've seen use a lot of piping," Sarah answered off the top of her head, buoyed up by the prospect of being able to stay and work longer in her home enclave, "There are a few breweries to the south and they use copper, I think. Any further out and we start running into the other Enclave's more active foraging areas and we might have problems finding what we need."

• 5 weeks later...

"We should still have one or two still functional for heavy loads. At least we did before I left," Sarah offered agreeably, smiling at the possibility of getting things done for the betterment of her old home with the help of an ally from her new one. Being human certainly didn't get much better.

Fin. Grade and Archive please.

Archived