World of Darkness: The Darkness of Space - First, Second and Last Impressions

His comforting smile was perhaps unfortunate. Timed with this declaration against werewolves which was followed by a compliment, it sealed his label as a 'nice guy' in Tejah's head. Then he offered to hire her, to take her with him - them. And with all of those pieces - and the fact he was inhumanly hot, naturally - a crush was birthed.

"Perhaps," she said, her smile becoming a little shy. Thoughts of her discussion with Commander Dove intruded and that smile slipped a bit. "I'd have to see... and decide what is best for Bradan. I'm sure you're good people, but I'd have to know more about you, your ship." She paused and looked up at both of them, her cheeks flushing slightly. "I just read way too much into an off-handed comment, didn't I?" She managed an adorably apologetic smile.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lina blinks at her and chortles, "a little bit."

Wesely's cheeks redden slightly, and he coughs to cover it up, "well, yes, perhaps, decide what is best when the time comes, but that won't be for some time, for now we can just continue to enjoy the new station and the company of those interesting individuals who cross our paths."

He takes a long sip, and Lina looks between them and smirks, keeping quiet for the moment.

"So why are you guys here?" Tejah managed to ask after a moment. "You could be anywhere in the galaxy - why this base?" There could be hundreds of reasons they were here: it was new, they wanted to see the universe or they had business. Which led to her next question: "So what do you guys do, anyway? As a whole?"

She was being nosy, but her smile made it clear that she wasn't malicious about it. She was honestly just curious. Very curious about the incredibly handsome Sidhe sitting at the table with her, but she liked Lina, too.

"Well as for the reason, we had been trying to find someplace to get these repairs, we were in the middle of nowhere when the problems started, seems it's just fate bringing us here," Wesely smirks and takes a drink, "as for what we do, well, we run salvage operations, sometimes delivery if the price is right, we've also helped open up trade to other planets, not exactly part of what we do, but it happens so I count it..."

He studies Tejah a moment and looks away slightly, diverting his sight to Lina, he may have realized he was looking too hard.

"So, er, uhm, what do you enjoy on your free time?" He questioned curiously.

Tejah snorted; though the AVIS system couldn't convey emotion, her expression was wry as she said, "I'm a mother. I don't have free time. I spent what time I'm not working with Bradan, being his mother. He's not seen much of me since I started my job. His babysitter has been. Good, but he misses me. I try to be there as much as I can." Her expression had shifted into the guilty look of single, working mothers everywhere: too little time to both earn the bacon and be a mother.

"I read the same books over and over, or watch learning vids, or play soldier," Tejah added. "Playing with building blocks... I think you get the idea."

"Do you ever get time to yourself?" Lina asked. "What if you wanted to date?"

"Date?" Tejah looked doubtful now. "That'd be. Awkward. He'd have to get along with Bradan and me. If he were a werewolf, I'd have to ask if he wanted me or just wanted my genetics."

"Genetics?" Lina asked, looking confused.

Tejah paused. She'd forgotten what it was like to just sit down with someone and talk about yourself. She did that with Mik, but he was her boss, and saw her as a daughter. It was different. "I apparently have special genes that makes me a better mate to werewolves. Something about making changes easier. I didn't understand it, but Cormic was pretty clear that had he known, he'd have bundled me off to his mother instead of dumping me."

"I can't imagine any of that being easy," Wesely blinked a little thrown back, "hrm, Lina perhaps when things have settled and we're not so in need of using things on board the ship, you could help lighten her work load, give her some time?"

Lina scoffs, "that would probably be a mountain of paperwork and you know it, I'd have to get clearances, if we can get it done I'd love to help, maybe she can hire me as her assistant" she put up the universal sign for quotation marks when she says, hire.

Wesely settles back into his chair, "perhaps you could think on it Tejah, and we could reconvene on the subject over dinner, you could bring Braden, and I could bring the kids, they would love to get off the ship for something different than what we have left on board."

Lina throws another bolt at him, "y'know Tony would have done something worse if he heard you say that."

"Well he isn't here, hence I said it." he scoffed and then the two of them laughed.

Tejah's eyes widened slowly as Wesely spoke. "I. I don't know about that. I don't think Mik would approve of me parceling off my work to others. And it would probably look bad if I couldn't do my work. I'm a junior engineer - bailing on my job at this point would probably be bad. It'd wouldn't help my career. But. The fact you say that and mean it means so much to me."

Her heart jumped a little as Wesely started talking dinner, but it was rapidly apparent that he meant Bradan, himself, Teej and his whole crew. It's not a date. Calm down, girl.

"I'd be honored to have you for dinner," she typed, giving them both a smile. Her smile to Wes was perhaps a touch too warm for talk of a friendly dinner. She didn't mean to put her heart on her sleeve, but Tejah had never had much experience with matters of said heart.

Wesely smiled, "well then, when would be a good time for you? You do have a busy schedule as you said, and a place, I'm not familiar with the station."

He watched her silently giving her a polite smile, his hair changed to a soft red, slowly shifting, then back to the calm blue.

Lina pulls out her data pad and begins typing down something, "idea for later, I'll show it to you when we're done with work, maybe it can be a fun project."

Wesely seems to snap to slightly when Lina speaks up. Get it together, whatever it is, just push it away and figure it out later.

Teej's expression was slightly dazed as she seemed to be thinking. "Um... tomorrow evening?" she asked, deciding that was the minimum amount of time she'd need to break the news to Bradan. Like most kids, he wasn't comfortable with changes to his environment. "Want me to cook, or would you like to sample the restaurants?"

Unaware that Lina was about to deal with a security issue, she added, "I haven't poisoned anyone yet, but not everyone likes Persian food."

Lina sighs, "sounds great, but, right now, I got to take care of something, you kids have fun." she gets up and starts walking out the door, "Tony you pick up on that, yeah, I'll rendezvous with you." The door slides shut behind her leaving the two behind.

Wesely looks down at his wrist pad and reads a small message and nods, "well then, tomorrow shall be fine, as for the food, whichever you would prefer, your favorite restaurant would be my treat, but a home cooked meal is something rare, surprise me."

His hair has shifted to a light green.

As Lina and Tony converge on the door [which was left standing open], they see a small furry otter looking creature carrying a green rabbit that is almost half the size of the Fenling. The Fenling smiles at the pair, "Pretty?"

Tony looks at the small creature, at Lina, and back to the creature, before walking out, "I'm going to go drink."

"Wait...damnit he's gone...uhm, hello there, uh I'm Lina, you're not really supposed to just walk onto other people's ships, are you lost?" She asks not exactly sure what to make of the thing.

Smiling it looks up at her, "Pretty? Pretty here, see Pretty. Bring Pretty token." It is very charming and happy. The bunny wiggles slightly and the Fenling puts it down. Making no move to stop it's pet as the green rabbit hops to Lina's side to sniff at her knees, it stands there, large dark eyes painfully cute.

“I will surprise you. I hope it’s pleasant,” Tejah typed with a mischievous grin. “There have been people who have been startled by my food, and it’s gone both ways.” Her mind was already racing toward a possible menu. Saffron rice, of course, and baba ghanoush with dipping bread… Her mind started racing down the options. She just had no idea what the Sidhe people ate.

“Can I asked a question?” When Wesley nodded, Tejah asked, “Does your hair color mean anything? My eyes are tied to my emotions – is your hair the same?”

As she talked, his green hair faded back to that dull pinkish red, he smiled politely, and it turned slightly more pink when she asked, "well uhm, yes, sort of exactly..." pink seems to equal embarrassed.

"What about yourself, have you spent time to figure out which emotions are which color?"

Meanwhile, in the hallway, "I can't resist this, so cute!" Lina dips down to hug the cute bunny, "what do you mean Pretty, you're not talking about a person are you, what token?"

The bunny accepts the hug, though it doesn't exactly snuggle in response. The Fenling answers Lina, "Yes, Pretty, is pretty, is big and shiny and pretty and nice. Bring Pretty token, Carna send token for Pretty and Moon. Fornis talked to Carna about Pretty and about Moon people and Carna sends token." The small creature holds out a small pouch made of dried leaves, there seems to be something inside it.

Lina blinks, "uhm, so you just want to give this to him...well I don't really see harm in that, I'll message him, so he can meet you in person okay." she smiles cheerfully and begins typing on her pad to inform her Captain of his furry guests.

Tejah shook her head. “It would take too much time to learn,” she said, “and the AVIS goggles prevent my non-signing friends from helping out. Do you know sign language?” There was an unmistakable look of hope on her face.

“No, sadly,” Wesely said, looking sorry.

Tejah smiled, feeling a little bold. She pulled her goggles off and faced him, her eyes a bright pink. ~You are the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen,~ she signed. She couldn’t hear him ask, “What does that mean?” but she could guess. She pulled on the goggles and typed, “You’ll have to learn sign language to find out.” Privately, she hoped it took a bit of time; she wasn’t sure she wanted to admit what she’d just said to him. Not yet.

He smiled warmly, his hair seemingly shifting, without changing color, like a heart beat, "I suppose I would have to find someone else to teach me, although it would be a good excuse to spend more time around you."

He doesn't seem to notice the little blinking light on his wrist pad.

Tejah seemed startled by what he said but the upside to her mode of communication was that she didn't blurt her first thought in her head. The process of typing gave her a second or two to think. So she managed to not ask, "You want to spend time with me?" and instead managed to state, "Isn't that what dinner is for? A good excuse to spend time around me?" Despite her assured words, a blush washed over her face.

He smirked, "I am good at excuses," he looks at his wrist. "Damn..I have something I need to take care of, would you be comfortable waiting here? You could come if you don't want to be alone in am unfamiliar place.."

He stood up and approached the door and paused for her answer.

Lina meanwhile pet the large rabbit. "Im sure he will be here shortly.."

He looked sexy just standing there, looking at her expectantly. How could she stay here when that was asking her to follow? "I'd rather come than just sit here and wait," she typed as she rose to her feet, giving him a grin. She'd definitely rather follow him than just sit in an empty room; she knew that much. She followed him, her eyes dipping low enough just long enough to confirm that the backside of him was as appealing as the front.

"Was the music I heard earlier from you?" she asked as she caught up to him, her long-legged stride shifting to match his own. She could believe that he was the source of something that lovely.

He smiled at her as they went, when she asked the question, he could have lied, but that was only his way to get out of trouble.

"Unfortunately no, I am related to the individual that created the music though, some of my family are sort of muses..." He watched her, she was attractive, and intelligent, rare truly.

"How long does it take one to learn sign?"

"How fast are you at learning?" Tejah asked. "The fastest is finger-lettering. A through Z, and then you spell words." She quickly ran through the alphabet, knowing that was probably too fast for him. "I'll show you that first."

"Oh, so you're going to teach me?" he asked, smiling.

"Of course," Tejah typed in reply. "Then I can really talk to you, instead of using this machine." She tapped the goggles. "The AVIS works, but I can't emote through it. I can combine facial expressions, but I can't change my tone of voice. With my hands, I can add emphasis and some tone. But best of all, I don't need my goggles. I love having the AVIS, but I also wish more people could sign."

He nods, "yes, they are." he groans, "and they seem to be a race of stalkers, unfortunately since I met them they've been calling me pretty and following me around...they even tried to trade goats for me..as if I could be owned, they're interesting to say the least, but I don't think they're malicious at least."

"I did have one friend among their race at least, unfortunately, they were murdered..." he sighs, the creatures death did weigh on him heavily.

Tejah hesitated only a moment before she reached up and clasped his shoulder. After she released his shoulder, she typed, "I'm sorry about your friend." She didn't dwell on the selling bit - she'd worry about whether the Fenlings regularly practiced non-malicious slavery later. Hopefully before they tried to buy Wesley again.

Not that she wouldn't mind owning a piece of the uber-handsome man. But not like that; she preferred her ownership to be a less obvious and more enjoyable for both sides.

"So they are stalking you? I'm sure base security could do something about that," she typed, her smile tentative.

He smiled at her picking himself up, "well I don't think it's really intentional, they don't seem to be the most intelligent of species, perhaps much like ravens, they are drawn to shiny things."

"We should be there soon, maybe they have one of their green animals with them this time," he smirks.

As he says this, they round the corner. The rather large green rabbit is somewhat obvious in the middle of the hallway sniffing at the floor and trying mightily to ignore Lina.

As Wesley comes into view the Fenling bounds to it's feet and gives the impression of bouncing while remaining mostly still. "Pretty!" she says. Wesley can recognize her as the female Fenling he met on the planet.

"Verra come to see Pretty! Bring present from Carna! Fornis told Carna about Pretty, about Moon people. Carna send token for Pretty and Moon people. Verra won spot to come see Pretty. Other Myst Shapers want to come, want to see Pretty to, but only one come, Carna say only one. So we contest and Verra won!"

She is very ingenious, her dark fur obviously specially groomed with scented oils perfuming the air around her. She exudes the essence of childlike and yet seems somehow grounded as well. She holds out the leaf pouch to Wesley. Her large dark eyes wide with pride and happiness. Then she saw Tejah behind him.

"Oh." Blink. "Pretty has Myst Touched. Verra did not know Moon people had Myst. Hello Myst Touched. Verra happy to meet you. Did Carna whisper her wisdom at your Rite?"

Tejah was still smiling at Wesley was they rounded the corner but her attention was taken by the new creatures in the hall with Lina. Tejah tilted her pink head, smiling at the little creature and its pet. She choose not to interject until it spoke to her. “No,” she typed as she frowned, looking confused. “I don’t think you understand. I’ve never been down to the planet. I’ve never been in the Myst, much less touched by it. I think you have confused me for someone else. And I have not been in any rites.”

The Fenling looks at Tejah again, "No, you were . . ." It pauses, tilts her head to the side and seems to look into Tejah. "Mrrup." The strange purr-like noise has an interrogative quality. Unconcerned by the invasion of personal space, Verra moves to take Tejah's hand, and spends a few moments appearing to look at the space just above the surface of the pink haired young woman's skin. "You have not touched Carna's Myst. But you have been touched by Myst. Very strange."

"I suppose. You could say that," Tejah admitted after a moment's pause. "If you mean the 'Myst' is some kind of massive, unknown power, then yes I suppose I've been touched by it." She wondered if the Myst were like the mysterious surge that had affected her. "And yes, it is very strange. Can you tell me anything about it?" She'd tried not to wonder about that surge that had mutated and killed so many on Deffon but if there were some answers being thrown her way, she wouldn't turn them down.

Wesely accepts the pouch, trying to maintain a proper indifference to the excitable creature, "this is for everyone?" he opens the pouch and looks inside, quirking an eyebrow at the statement, "isn't the myst native to your world alone...?"

Inside the pouch are two large seeds.

"The Myst is the Myst. I do not know other Myst, only Carna's Myst. You are changed by A myst, but not The Myst. I do not know of other Mysts." The Fenling replies to Tejah first before turning to 'Pretty', "It is Carna's Token to you and the Moon People. Carna sent it for Pretty and the Moon People. Does Carna know there is another Myst?"

"Why do I get the feeling that you consider 'my myst' inferior?" Tejah asked, looking tired. At Verra's question, she said, "I don't know. I've never spoken with Carna. I'm pretty sure I've never even met him or her." She glanced at Wesely, wondering if he had more information about Carna.

"Carna is Carna. She is in the caves and the water, in the Myst and the winds. Other Peoples think Fenlings are less, but Fenlings are blessed, we hear Carna and she speaks to us. Maybe Carna speak to Pretty and Other-Myst Touched. Would you listen for Carna or will you be like the other Peoples and turn away from her?" The Fenling suddenly seems somehow less the inquisitive child, for a moment a touch of ageless wisdom seems to settle on her. "Carna will whisper, Carna will protect. As long as Carna can, she will care for her children. She sends a token, a token to the children who come to her for protection. She will guard all the children as long as she can. She will take as her own those who come to her if they listen for her voice. Will Pretty listen?" With an impish smile she again seems the child, "Verra would like Pretty to listen and come to Carna. Pretty can live with Verra's tribe. The Mother of Verra's tribe would like very much for Pretty to come be part of the tribe."

Archived